You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

strategy videos

abouttime2abouttime2 Member Posts: 1
Does anyone know why the videos are private and can not be watched?????

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,319

@abouttime2

Hi,

Unfortunately, for Regulatory & Compliance reasons, the videos can no longer be viewed.

They were compliant when they were originally made, but the rules were changed & that's no longer the case.

For example, Sky Poker can no longer show videos that include players who look (as opposed to are) under 25, so that's a very subjective thing. As a result, a wide berth has to be steered with a wide margin of error.

The same with using sporting "celebrities", or folks drinking alcohol, all these things are a problem under the much upgraded Responsible Gambling" ethos adopted by SB&G, Flutter, & to a lesser degree, the wider industry.

Nobody is sadder than Sky Poker & me in particular as they & I put a lot of work into them and Sky Poker spent fortunes making them, but "Responsible Gambling" is the greater need these days.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,576
    the thing is this all seems so silly I have seen adverts time and time again where they deliberately try to make the individuals in the adds look working class/poor and then there playing slots and win like 30 grand and they are jumping round the room hugging each other and they get multiple text alerts all saying different four figure amounts paid into their bank accounts.

The intent is clear this is not marketed at people that can afford it and are just playing for a bit of fun, it is marketed at people who are desperate. This isn't adds put out by black market sites either but by a site I know and am familiar with I have played poker there a few times.

I dont know if it would be appropriate for me to name the site I will just say they are not under the flutter group.

Whilst I am sure some players who are profitable may prefer that their opponents not be educated to their level, videos that teach people how to play the game better are not going to lead to gambling harms. If anything at all they are likely to reduce this.

I understand this is not flutters fault or sky pokers fault its stupid legislation red tape and that is what I am venting about here.

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    Plenty of good, free resources available on YouTube. If you let us know your level of knowledge, the folks here can give you some recommendations.
  • Options
    Williams12Williams12 Member Posts: 147
    Tikay10 said:

@abouttime2

Hi,

Unfortunately, for Regulatory & Compliance reasons, the videos can no longer be viewed.

They were compliant when they were originally made, but the rules were changed & that's no longer the case.

For example, Sky Poker can no longer show videos that include players who look (as opposed to are) under 25, so that's a very subjective thing. As a result, a wide berth has to be steered with a wide margin of error.

The same with using sporting "celebrities", or folks drinking alcohol, all these things are a problem under the much upgraded Responsible Gambling" ethos adopted by SB&G, Flutter, & to a lesser degree, the wider industry.

Nobody is sadder than Sky Poker & me in particular as they & I put a lot of work into them and Sky Poker spent fortunes making them, but "Responsible Gambling" is the greater need these days.

Can't they make new ones that are within the Responsible regulations
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

@abouttime2

Hi,

Can't they make new ones that are within the Responsible regulations

@Williams12

For all sorts of reasons, no, not really. They were produced by the TV Channel which had all the studio facilities, presenters & Analysts, but the TV Channel closed in around 2016 after Sky TV sold Sky Betting & Gaming.
  • Options
    Williams12Williams12 Member Posts: 147
    maybe it should be taken off. why leave content that is not working
  • Options

maybe it should be taken off. why leave content that is not working

@Williams12

I agree with you on that. I don't have the necessary access levels, or I would do so.