You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tory MP says ‘dire’ Church of England is COMPLICIT in facilitating bogus asylum claims

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,043
edited February 5 in The Rail
More than 30,000 migrants earmarked for deportation have been released on bail

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/more-30-000-migrants-earmarked-163446626.html

Comments

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025
    They have no intention of sending them anywhere, never have done.
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    not until they have served their purpose anyhow
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Nothing wrong with the UK.
    World leaders in just about everything.
    Our legal system is the envy of the world.
    Well the guy above appeared at Newcastle Crown Court in January 2018.
    He was charged with sexual assault, and exposure.
    He pleaded guilty to both charges.
    He was sentenced to all of 9 weeks in prison for the sexual assault.
    Thirty six weeks for the exposure.
    Both were suspended for 2 years.
    So he walked out of the court a free man.
    His asylum application was subsequently approved.
    This was the third attempt, as his previous application had been rejected twice.
    He was apparently accepted because he said he had converted to Christianity.

Sorry Mark @TheEdge949 but it is just wrong.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    Monday morning quarterbacking. As usual.

How many hundreds, or thousands, of migrants would you like to be returned to their homeland, and then tortured to death for their religious beliefs?

It's not a decision where there is no risk attached to either verdict.

Lots of people get 2nd chances. Some abuse that. Doesn't mean that no-one should get 2nd chances.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    edited February 2
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

This was the third attempt, as his previous application had been rejected twice.

Hey no argument there, but. In every walk of life you will find people who work the system for their own benefit.

However, as a caring, compassionate society we cannot and must not punish the majority for the actions of a small minority.

I'm quite sure that if this person was found deceased, few would waste tears on him. My anger is directed at those who either refused to see the real person and his lies (Home Office) and the judicial system who did not see fit to jail him for his crimes.

Although I suppose that the woke p.c. brigade will argue that it's somehow not his fault. As for claiming conversion to Christianity, well that should have been easy to disprove. A short 20 minute chat with any decent pastor would have flagged that either way.

• Options
    edited February 2

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Hey no argument there, but. In every walk of life you will find people who work the system for their own benefit.

However, as a caring, compassionate society we cannot and must not punish the majority for the actions of a small minority.

I'm quite sure that if this person was found deceased, few would waste tears on him. My anger is directed at those who either refused to see the real person and his lies (Home Office) and the judicial system who did not see fit to jail him for his crimes.

Although I suppose that the woke p.c. brigade will argue that it's somehow not his fault. As for claiming conversion to Christianity, well that should have been easy to disprove. A short 20 minute chat with any decent pastor would have flagged that either way.

Agree with the first 2 sentences. Disagree with the rest.

People did not "refuse" to see the "real" person. Both at the Home Office and the Judge. Although the Judge had a lot more facts at his disposal than have been released to the Press. They made a judgment call. Which, with the benefit of hindsight, looks to have been wrong. Your anger is misplaced.

His Christianity "should have been easy to disprove"? Really? It has been my experience that the average person born Muslim knows a lot more about Jesus than the average person born Christian. And it is important to bear in mind that professing Christianity for a Muslim-born Afghan carries its own risks.

The Right Wing Press, particularly the Mail/Express/Sun, need to change their rhetoric.

Criminals should be classified by their criminality. Not just their ethnicity when it suits a racist narrative. Because the Mail etc never mention when a criminal is white/not an asylum seeker. Simply because they deem it not to be important.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,030

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Now it has been revealed that Ezedi arrived in the UK in a lorry and failed to claim asylum.

However, he then converted to Christianity and was accepted on his third attempt with a priest as a character witness.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

How many hundreds, or thousands, of migrants would you like to be returned to their homeland, and then tortured to death for their religious beliefs?

Lots of people get 2nd chances. Some abuse that. Doesn't mean that no-one should get 2nd chances.

I cant agree with that.
    Our incompetence is demonstrated time after time.
    Its not about one case.
    They bailed 30,000 migrants, that were earmarked for deportation, the other day.
    I expect they will stay handy, and turn up at the appropriate time, to get deported.
    Of course they will.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Agree with the first 2 sentences. Disagree with the rest.

People did not "refuse" to see the "real" person. Both at the Home Office and the Judge. Although the Judge had a lot more facts at his disposal than have been released to the Press. They made a judgment call. Which, with the benefit of hindsight, looks to have been wrong. Your anger is misplaced.

His Christianity "should have been easy to disprove"? Really? It has been my experience that the average person born Muslim knows a lot more about Jesus than the average person born Christian. And it is important to bear in mind that professing Christianity for a Muslim-born Afghan carries its own risks.

The Right Wing Press, particularly the Mail/Express/Sun, need to change their rhetoric.

Criminals should be classified by their criminality. Not just their ethnicity when it suits a racist narrative. Because the Mail etc never mention when a criminal is white/not an asylum seeker. Simply because they deem it not to be important.
    I believe this case demonstrates our incompetence.
    The fact that he was asylum seeker just makes it worse.
    I am sure that those involved will have more information, than that has been released to the press.
    Just on the bare facts.
    His first application was rejected.
    As was his second.
    He then pleaded guilty to some sexual offences.
    Then received suspended sentences.
    His third application was subsequently accepted.

This procedure raises quite a few questions.
    How many applications are each asylum seeker allowed to make?
    Why more than one?
    Why on earth would you reverse the decision on an applicant, that had subsequently been convicted of sexual offences?
    Would you reverse the decision on every applicant that claims to have converted to Christianity?
    If that is the case, will every lawyer representing every unsuccessful applicant, recommend this, as a means to get the decision reversed?
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Now it has been revealed that Ezedi arrived in the UK in a lorry and failed to claim asylum.

However, he then converted to Christianity and was accepted on his third attempt with a priest as a character witness.
    And therein lies the problem. A Priest ! That would suggest C o E or Roman Catholic, both radically removed from real world Christianity. The reason I used Pastor is that they invariably come from reality rather than the hypocritical, sanitised, "Sunday Best" Songs of Praise world that the former inhabit.

Ok I'm going to desist here because the horse has bolted so what's the point and also you don't want a 2500 word rant on the hypocrisy and evil of those particular denominations.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,576

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

I resent that last paragraph for several reasons.

Firstly the very idea that Christianity or conversion to Christianity means your born again and reformed is just offensive and proven wrong time and time again.

Statistics are certainly not on the side of religion or Christianity in regards to immoral behaviour and crime. In fact they point in the opposite direction.

Though it could be the case that been immoral or criminally minded leads one to feel guilt and seek repentance rather then believing leads one to immoral acts or crime. Just with the statistics as they are I would not be trying to highlight religion as a positive impact on morality or crime if my goal was to promote religion.

Generally though i think religion should have no bearing on forgiveness or judging one to of reformed in the justice system or at large.

If I did something wrong that hurt someone in the sky community whatever you imagine that to be would me apologising to one of my Winnis make it okay or right?

Because there is more evidence of Big Winni been real then there is of Jesus been real.

I am not suggesting discriminating against religion whichever religion or denomination of a religion that may be. What I am saying is it should have no bearing what so ever on judging if someone is reformed or safe for society or etc.

• Options
    @Doubleme

You seem to be misinformed dear chap. Jesus was real, he existed and even the ultimate atheist Dawkins acknowledges that fact.

Textural criticism of the writings of the day, official records and Roman diaries all prove this.

I think what you mean is that you do not believe that he was the Son of God or God incarnate made man etc etc.

That is quite a different argument altogether.

So lets unpick your thoughts

Firstly the very idea that Christianity or conversion to Christianity means your born again and reformed is just offensive and proven wrong time and time again.

Well that is the scandal of grace and yes it appears to be unfair and all encompassing

Statistics are certainly not on the side of religion or Christianity in regards to immoral behaviour and crime. In fact they point in the opposite direction.

No they don't, more crime is committed by Non Christians and that rises exponentially every year

Though it could be the case that been immoral or criminally minded leads one to feel guilt and seek repentance rather then believing leads one to immoral acts or crime. Just with the statistics as they are I would not be trying to highlight religion as a positive impact on morality or crime if my goal was to promote religion.

But it is, it does and it will continue to have a positive impact. However if it's being used to promote religion then that's not quite right. The positive results are are consequence of faith not an inducement to faith.

Generally though i think religion should have no bearing on forgiveness or judging one to of reformed in the justice system or at large.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, I actually share that, although I would add a caveat that if ones conversion to a faith has created positive things where before they didn't exist it's a mitigating fact.

If I did something wrong that hurt someone in the sky community whatever you imagine that to be would me apologising to one of my Winnis make it okay or right?

No you man up and apologise to the person / people you wronged.

Because there is more evidence of Big Winni been real then there is of Jesus been real.

See my opening remarks about why this just makes you look silly.

I am not suggesting discriminating against religion whichever religion or denomination of a religion that may be. What I am saying is it should have no bearing what so ever on judging if someone is reformed or safe for society or etc.

Well you are actually, but I understand what you're trying to say. Like I said you are entitled to your opinions and I respect you for posting them. I DO NOT resent them although I hope you can see why I felt compelled to proffer a defence.
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    sorry to interrupt your religious debate , but i did here this guy came down from newcastle on the tele news ( i know i know it cant be trusted ) , so did he come from newcastle and attack this person which means he was payed by someone or was it just random ? does anyone know ?
  • Options

sorry to interrupt your religious debate , but i did here this guy came down from newcastle on the tele news ( i know i know it cant be trusted ) , so did he come from newcastle and attack this person which means he was payed by someone or was it just random ? does anyone know ?

What we do know is that he travelled to South London from Newcastle, and that he knew the victim, and that she knew him.

I think it likely that they used to be in a relationship which ended badly. And he was looking for some form of revenge
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

What we do know is that he travelled to South London from Newcastle, and that he knew the victim, and that she knew him.

I think it likely that they used to be in a relationship which ended badly. And he was looking for some form of revenge
    At some point he is going to require medical attention which is probably when the authorities will attempt to apprehend him.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634

Essexphil said:

At some point he is going to require medical attention which is probably when the authorities will attempt to apprehend him.
    I really really hope he's suffering whatever religion he supports..Scumbag
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

They covered the story late tonight on Sky News.
    They were at the Home Secretarys constituency.
    There is an RAF Base there which is used to house asylum seekers.
    The local Church is inundated with Baptism requests from those staying at the base.
    They interviewed one of the asylum seekers, who said that most of the people that are staying there are converting to Christianity.

Believe it or not, being a Christian is deemed a reason that its unsafe to be sent back to some countries.

Excuse my scepticism, but this may be how the story goes.
    What some people describe as a lefty lawyer, will provide advice, paid for by the taxpayer.
    They will advise the asylum seekers to get Baptised.
    The asylum seeker will say that they have converted to Christianity.
    And they are in.
    Even if they have previously been rejected.
    Even if they are on the Sex Offenders Register.

There are rules around the deportation of foreign criminals.
    As far as the guy above is concerned, his sentence wasnt long enough to meet the criteria.
    His conversion to Christianity was considered sufficient grounds for appeal.

The lefty lawyer that they interviewed in this piece, had acted for someone who had committed 24 offences, but couldnt be returned to Iran on this basis.

Could only happen in the UK.
    Although there will be a massive backlash.
  • Options