You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Wild, wet and windy it is so time to play the Orfordable league, with extra prizes added

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,036
edited March 1 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2024 Orfordable League, March Week 1 of 5

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on April 5th 2024

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:March 1st- Winner:

Week 2: March 8th- Winner:

Week 3: March 15th- Winner:

Week 4: March 22nd- Winner:

Week 5: March 29th- Winner:

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday April 5th 2024
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday April 5th 2024

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday April 5th 2024

Comments

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope that everyone is well.
    Welcome to February Week 1 (of 4), yet another new month starting, they just keep on coming around, don't they? A new month means a new chance to win a prize, and have some fun along the way, with a bit of banter. Good luck to everyone who plays tonight, especially @ray01, who will be playing his prize tonight. Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    edited February 3
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 1 is a wrap. There were 34 plucky souls trying their luck last night with just 14 being Orfy regged, and of those, 5 made the FT.
    This year is just five weeks old and yet, @THECHIMP made his 4th FT in the last five weeks (8 FTs in the last 10), continuing his run good to finish in 9th place last night whilst placing him in 5th overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    Since joining our merry band of pheasant pluckers last May, @kinematic has not appeared in any of these reports, but last night that was corrected as they made their maiden FT appearance with an 8th place to leave them on 4th place overall, well played kinematic.
    Making his 3rd FT in his last five appearances, albeit over an eight week span, @Toffeeandy took 6th place last night which has left him in 3rd overall, well played Andy.
    Also making his 3rd FT in his last five appearances (also the last five weeks), @THEHERDEIE took 3rd place last night, making him an early candidate for a prize this month as he sits in 2nd overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    In the last ten weeks @Angmar2626 has played just five Orfys, winning three times and, last night, finishing in 2nd place to leave him sitting in 1st place in the League, well played Angmar.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, see everyone again next week. Here is the League table after February Week 1

• Options
    danbrad029danbrad029 Member Posts: 14
  • Options

Hey @SidV79 :D

Again, thanks for letting me know. Sorry about that (still have no idea why spready has suddenly stopped working) and have updated the post/league table.
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope that everyone is well.
    Welcome to Week 2 (of 4) for February, where everything is still to play for this month. How will the League look like after tonight's tourney? That, I cannot answer, but I do believe that, by months' end, there will be some very low and close scores.
    Good luck to everyone who plays tonight, here is the autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, that is another week in the bag. There were 33 players last night, with 17 being Orfy regged and, of those, 6 made the FT.
    Having not played the Orfy since January Week 2, @gibbzy made his presence felt as he managed to beat allcomers and took the win last night, congratulations & very well played gibbzy.
    Until last week @ILIKE2FISH had been MIA since November Week 2 (2022), when he did not make the FT, but put that right by taking 8th place last night, which leaves him in 8th overall, well played Mr Fish.
    A first FT of the month for @HENDRIK62 finishing in 7th place last night, moving him up the league by three places into 5th overall, well played Neil.
    Another making his first FT of the month, @diamondlee finished in 3rd place last night and on countback, he now sits in 4th place overall, after climbing five places, well played Lee.
    Last weeks' League leader dropped two places into 3rd overall after his 18th place last night, I am certain he will bounce back next week.
    Last years' winningmost prizewinner @stokefc made his first FT of the month, finishing in 4th place last night and also climbing four places into 2nd overall, well played Sean.
    Sitting in second overall after Week 1, @THEHERDEIE made his second FT of the month, taking the FT wooden spoon in 10th place, moving up into 1st place in the League, well played Mr Herdeie.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week. Here is the updated League table after February Week 2

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. As we move ever onwards, we have safely arrived at February Week 3, meaning that everybody still has the chance to claim a prize this month. I very much suspect that there will be more changes at the top end of the League, especially as the top two scores are 13 & 16, so, that said, I wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 3 has passed us by but, still all to play for. There were 42 players who made the start line last night, 20 being Orfy regged, and of those (20), 7 made the FT.
    Making his first FT of the month, his first since January Week 1 where he finished in 2nd place, @wynne1938 repeated that feat by finishing 2nd last night, leaving him in 14th overall, well played Wynne.
    Last month's League runner-up. @ray01 made his first FT of this month, finishing in 5th last night, leaving him in 12th overall, well played Ray.
    Another makinh his first FT of the month, @giesahaun took 6th place last night to leave him in 10th overall, well played giesahaun.
    Also making a first FT this month @daggers747 finished one place higher in 5th and also sits one place higher in 6th overall, well played daggers.
    With a second FT of this month @THECHIMP finished in 7th last night but that has not stopped his climb of 6 places into 3rd overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    Also making his second FT of this month @stokefc finished in 9th place last night, holding on to his 2nd place overall (on countback only), well played Sean.
    We all know that winning this tourney twice in a row is a rarity but, I believe that finishing with the FT wooden spoon twice in a row is even rarer, yet that is exactly what @THEHERDEIE has done as he made his third FT of this month, finishing in 10th, and retaining his overall League lead (on countback) going into the final week of the month, well played Mr Herdeie.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see everyone again next week. Here is the updated League table

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope that everyone is well. This is February Week 4, the final week of the month, where more than a dozen players are still in with a chance of a prize. Usually, there would be, at least, two players sitting at the top of the League with single figure scores, but not this month. The score to beat is 13, and, with so many players in the running, tonight's tourney should be an interesting one for everyone involved.
    Good luck to everyone who plays tonight, here is the autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, the final results for February are in & it's all change in the League. There were 32 players last night, with 16 being Orfy regged, and of those, 6 made the FT.
    Making his first FT since November Week 1, @weecheez1 took 7th place last night, which has left him in 19th place overall, well played cheez.
    Also with his first FT of the month, last month's League winner, @Boxster took the win last night to leave him in 16th overall, congratulations & very well played Boxy.
    Making a second FT of the month, @ILIKE2FISH took the FT wooden spoon in 10th place last night, but it did help him move up the League by one place into 7th overall, well played Mr Fish.
    Our top two from last week @THEHERDEIE & @stokefc both dropped 3 places overall into 4th and 5th after finishing in 32nd plus a MIA respectively, last night.
    Making his second FT in as many weeks @wynne1938 finished in 9th place last night, lifting him up the league by eleven places into 3rd overall, well played Wynne.
    Also making a second FT of the month @diamondlee finished in 5th place last night, leaving him on a score of 8, which helped him jump four places to finish 2nd overall, well played Lee.
    Finally for February, yet another making his second FT of the month by finishing in 2nd last night, which took him to the top of the league with a climb of eight places, also on a total score of 8, @giesahaun takes the League title for February, well played giesahaun.
    Congratulations to both @giesahaun & @diamondlee on becoming our prizewinners for February, you shall both be entered into next Friday (March 1st) night's 9.30pm £11 BH.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week, here is the final League table after February Week 4

• Options
    diamondleediamondlee Member Posts: 68
    SidV79 said:

Good morning Orfy folk, the final results for February are in & it's all change in the League. There were 32 players last night, with 16 being Orfy regged, and of those, 6 made the FT.
    Making his first FT since November Week 1, @weecheez1 took 7th place last night, which has left him in 19th place overall, well played cheez.
    Also with his first FT of the month, last month's League winner, @Boxster took the win last night to leave him in 16th overall, congratulations & very well played Boxy.
    Making a second FT of the month, @ILIKE2FISH took the FT wooden spoon in 10th place last night, but it did help him move up the League by one place into 7th overall, well played Mr Fish.
    Our top two from last week @THEHERDEIE & @stokefc both dropped 3 places overall into 4th and 5th after finishing in 32nd plus a MIA respectively, last night.
    Making his second FT in as many weeks @wynne1938 finished in 9th place last night, lifting him up the league by eleven places into 3rd overall, well played Wynne.
    Also making a second FT of the month @diamondlee finished in 5th place last night, leaving him on a score of 8, which helped him jump four places to finish 2nd overall, well played Lee.
    Finally for February, yet another making his second FT of the month by finishing in 2nd last night, which took him to the top of the league with a climb of eight places, also on a total score of 8, @giesahaun takes the League title for February, well played giesahaun.
    Congratulations to both @giesahaun & @diamondlee on becoming our prizewinners for February, you shall both be entered into next Friday (March 1st) night's 9.30pm £11 BH.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week, here is the final League table after February Week 4

Thanks for the prize.. I did'nt think I had a chance to finish top 2 overall, So i just hung in there. Well played all! B)
    I look forward to the £11 BH next friday thanks again for the prize.