You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Would you take a brain implant?

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,823
So heard stuff about Elon Musks company been in the news recently after apparent successful trial or something.

This supposedly would allow people to control electronic devices with their minds. I mean it would be great for multi tabling I suppose if it worked properly.

further it could allow you to look information or even download information to your brain at rapid speeds when rolled further developed this could make you higher functioning then most if not all of humanity before this existed.

However I have some big concerns this could potentially allow the human brain to be hacked, controlled and or have your thoughts read.

I never want anyone to know my thoughts unless I choose convey them myself.

I fear though that if this gets rolled out for the main stream one would not be able to compete and survive in society if everyone else had this and they did not.

in the hands of the wrong governments powers that be criminals terrorists etc this could be very dangerous when they get access to your thoughts.

I would never want to take a chance with some chip like this in my brain.

I am not aware exactly what current technology would or would not allow in that regard and what could or could not currently be done but further development is a very scary prospect.

Would you take a brain implant chip if it drastically enhances your capabilities mentally and physically but at the cost that others may have access to your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    do you think he tests on himself and already has one in ?
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,359

Who? @Doubleme or Elon??🤪👹💩
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,823
    madprof said:

Who? @Doubleme or Elon??🤪👹💩
    I mean I do not believe I have a brain chip in me, but if I had one put in me they could ultimately alter my mind to make me believe I do not have one in me.

Of course by that logic anything could be true and you need to go on what is reasonable to believe based on the information you appear to have.

I cant see me consciously agreeing to anything that could potentially allow people to see into my thoughts.

I am curious who would for the added enhancements you might get.