You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Trump fined $355 million & banned from doing business in New York.

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

Trump and his organisation have been found liable to pay $354,868,768 (£281m).

Trump is banned from doing business in New York for three years, and his sons Eric and Donald Jr. are barred for two years.

Donald Trump, Jr and Eric Trump, who run the Trump Organization together, have each been found liable to pay $4,013,024 (£3,184,294).

Trump can't apply for loans in New York for three years

Donald Trump and the Trump Organization and its affiliates are banned from applying for loans from any financial institution chartered by or registered with the New York State Department of Financial Services.
That will last for for a period of three years.

Comments

• Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,603
    :'( Poor old Trump.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    Someone told me if Trump had just invested all of the money he inherited, he would be better off financially than his whole failed business career!

Perhaps the way to consign Trump to history is for his failings to continue to cost his wallet!

• Options
    edited February 17
    On top of yesterday's fine there's another $100 million or so in what is called "pre-judgement interest", then of course he owes E. Jean Carroll (the woman he sexually assaulted) $83.3 million, and there's plenty more of that sort of stuff in the pipeline. Plus of course his legal fees which must be well into 7 or 8 figures now. He does not have that sort of ready cash, far from it, but he'll be OK, he'll just do what he always does & steal it from the Campaign Funds his supporters donate. And if all that's not enough, he has several other very big criminal trials awaiting him, insurrection/Jan6, & that business in Georgia where he begged the Governor to "find me" some votes. Ironic that he was caught on tape doing that & yet he accuses others of being corrupt, isn't it? He can't say "Biden" without adding "corrupt", & yet there's never been a more corrupt politician in the USA.

On top of all that, he's a rampant racist, which is unforgiveable.

I dislike schadenfrude intensely, and so I'm a little ashamed of myself here, but I can't help but feel pleased he is now having to face the music.

The US of A (& the world) deserves better than both Trump or Biden imo.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Part of the problem lies in the US Constitution. A 1789 document providing rules as to how to live in 2024. So-next to no Rules about being fit to stand as President. 1789 Gun Rules applying to 2024 weaponry.

We have the advantage of flexible rules, a Constitution that is largely not written down, and the ability to move with the times.

Whereas the US Constitution has only ever had 33 amendments in nearly 250 years. The last substantive 1 being in 1971.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amendments_to_the_Constitution_of_the_United_States

• Options

One more thing...

Almost predictably, after yesterday's disaster, Trump has shortened with the bookies to be next President. Every time he loses a case, he shortens in the market.

As of this morning, Wm Hill go 5/6 Trump, 9/4 Biden.

Go figure that one. And the bookies rarely get it wrong.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,534
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404

Trump's has 30 days to come up with $454,156,783.05

Plus interest of £100,000 a day.

Sources:
    CBS LINK
    Yahoo Link
    Bloomberg Link