You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

No Poker tonight because have to give egg to an otter

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,569
So with study and deadlines its been stressful plus having to help my mum clean out grandmas flat (she died many years ago but its just an ongoing project that never ends) having tenancy inspection work and other stresses haven't had a lot of time with girlfriend to just chill.

My girlfriend read somewhere that if you leave an egg out by the river an otter will come and grab it my girlfriend thinks otters are adorable and loves adorable creatures. ever since she read that article she has been determined to leave that egg out for an otter to come and get.

we know as a fact that the local lake has otters living there. Otters are nocturnal apparently and she wanted to go yesterday to feed the egg to the otter but couldn't because torrential rain but not expecting rain tonight.

So now I cant play poker tonight because have to feed egg to an otter.

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,350
    I usually feed my otters in the five minute break.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163

...... better that than 'Tongue to a Beaver' :o
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

...... better that than 'Tongue to a Beaver' :o

well I eat Cadbury cream eggs anymore ever since I found out about that.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
  • Options
    the whole thing was a dudd, the spot we wanted was family fishing in big group so no chance found another spot put egg right out on the edge despite girlfriend freaking out that I would fall in. I could understand this neurosis if I was like 87 with arthritis slowly lowing myself with a cane, maybe my girlfriend has this impression of me I mean she has seen me play basketball. I used to be good honest dont know what happened there.

But I am supposed to be middle age and healthy, the egg was placed we waited and waited the otter never came. we went back to the spot where family was but they still there fishing hours later we went back and egg was gone. Did an otter take it we will never know but we didnt see.

so it does not count which means yet another potential poker night will be lost to trying to feed an egg to an otter.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Can't believe I was walking about tonight and I found an egg I'm going back next week to see if they leave a bit of bacon as well happy days...

think the fox mustve eaten the egg because it did **** on it but did not take the egg when we were there I think it was just marking the egg as his and was going to come back for it later.
  • Options
    edited February 19
    Doubleme said:

lucy4 said:

Can't believe I was walking about tonight and I found an egg I'm going back next week to see if they leave a bit of bacon as well happy days...

think the fox mustve eaten the egg because it did **** on it but did not take the egg when we were there I think it was just marking the egg as his and was going to come back for it later.
    Was that the 'Lake-Fox' as opposed to our very own @River_Fox ?
  • Options
    edited February 19
    @Doubleme

Morning David

A little piece of advice from someone just a little older than you......

I think you need to put your foot down (gently) with your girlfriend, and let her know that Sunday nights are for playing POKER 'coz that is when the best ££££'s Tournaments of the week are on..... NOT putting out 'Eggs for Otters' !! ...... there are 6 other nights a week for doing that !

Setting the boundaries early on in a relationship, will help you Long Term ..... and I'm sure she will understand when you can show her a Healthy Bank Balance from all your Sunday Winnings.... and be able to buy her dozens of Eggs....... including Cadburys Cream Eggs :p;)

GOOD LUCK :)
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    Scrambled eggs?
  • Options

Don't feed these to the Otter !

They are for your gf when you Win a Tourney

.....or these

when you get a BOUNTY in a BOUNTY HUNTER :)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

@Doubleme

Morning David

A little piece of advice from someone just a little older than you......

I think you need to put your foot down (gently) with your girlfriend, and let her know that Sunday nights are for playing POKER 'coz that is when the best ££££'s Tournaments of the week are on..... NOT putting out 'Eggs for Otters' !! ...... there are 6 other nights a week for doing that !

Setting the boundaries early on in a relationship, will help you Long Term ..... and I'm sure she will understand when you can show her a Healthy Bank Balance from all your Sunday Winnings.... and be able to buy her dozens of Eggs....... including Cadburys Cream Eggs :p;)

GOOD LUCK :)

actually my girlfriend is very encouraging of my poker. She actually thinks I should quit all work and do poker full time and will literally put almost anything behind poker. I think that is a bit much my results show I could edge out a small living but not much of one and its unstable.
    if online poker was viable on party poker in Thailand I would seriously consider it could live in luxury and run at surplus.
    The thing is since I left my last job I work for agencies now which I am sticking to until my degree is complete which means flexibility I can be working any day of the week and its a mix of what fits me and what is available.

So I dont have a regular schedule and poker sundays is not really a thing sunday is just another day of the week.

I wont eat creme eggs nor will my girlfriend after we found out they use beaver butt juice for flavouring.

The bounty thing already exists because every time we win a Bounty big Winni goes we win a bounty we win a bounty! and my girlfriend made a thing about the chocolate so now Bounty is a thing.

If I get a box of celebrations again this easter I will just give her a small Bounty thing every time I win a bounty.
  • Options
    ray01ray01 Member Posts: 91
    your girlfriend sounds like a lovely understanding person whats her name