You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

This will surely kill the site

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,566
So I got a new laptop recently, and trying to install sky poker not working and struggling any suggestions?

regardless of what people think of me like having me around or not etc, this is not good for the site its a mission to install the software and get it working on a new device this makes it very hard to get new players and retain them. playing through the browser has a lot of issues, and ultimately if I cant get the software working on new devices then when eventually my main computer stops working and or gets replaced I will just be done with sky poker.

it really should be installation guide highlighted on sky forums poker chat for all to see.

every other poker site is a seemingly easy process its always difficult with sky poker. I mean I know I am not liked here so maybe the response would be good well f*** off there then. but I am not the only individual with this issue and it keeps been a thing for many people.

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,350
    Play through the browser.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

yeah can try for limited single tabling or etc but its not going to be viable long term when If i have multiple tabcles going and then it crashes etc
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

mumsie said:

yeah can try for limited single tabling or etc but its not going to be viable long term when If i have multiple tables going and then it crashes etc
    You can multi table through the browser, i have done for years.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Doubleme said:

mumsie said:

yeah can try for limited single tabling or etc but its not going to be viable long term when If i have multiple tables going and then it crashes etc
    so when I multi table and have 16 dons going or etc and then it crashes, does opening up all the tables again go smoothly I can imagine this costing me quite a bit I can trial in 28p dons a few times but I remain skeptical.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    mumsie said:

Doubleme said:

mumsie said:

You can
    But it is harder
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited February 22
    I have played here for years but many things baffle me.

I don't think Sky help themselves much. Certainly for a new player things are confusing.

There is a news section.
    We have posts there about Sky Pro Julian Thew.
    Another post is from 2010. I think the most recent article is 2017.

The Academy won't allow you to play instruction videos. For someone as bad at poker as me this makes me very sad.

The software is obviously awful as well.
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

mumsie said:

Doubleme said:

mumsie said:

so when I multi table and have 16 dons going or etc and then it crashes, does opening up all the tables again go smoothly I can imagine this costing me quite a bit I can trial in 28p dons a few times but I remain skeptical.
    My bad, didn't realised you played 16.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited February 22
    Hi David

I think you're wrong when you say you are 'not liked' on here ......maybe a 'touch of Paranoia' methinks. :*

As for the issue you have 'Killing the Site', I also think you're 'Wide of the Mark'.

I know folks with new devices, do seem to have an issue..... but that problem has been answered quite a few times thru' the Forum, with exactly what to do. It does mean trawling back a bit..... or typing into the Search bar to look for answers, but they are out there.
    It would be good if someone at SKYPOKER could highlight this at the Start of the Opening Page of the Forum or have a 'Technical Issues' Tab, so it's easy for people to find....... I thought I'd just check, and found the 'COMMUNITY HELP & ADVICE' ....but no one has posted on there since @Jac35 's post OCT '21, and I know this issue of not being able to install SKYPOKER on NEW Devices, has been answered several times since then.

There are many, many issues that are contributing to the decline of the site, (which I truly hope can be stopped) ...... the obvious one being the SOFTWARE and lack of investment (as far as we know). I'm sure this is the main reason why so many people have left, and why we don't see many of the 'Old Regulars', apart from when they come back to play the UKOPS series ......so increased Prize Money obviously works ;)

A couple of issues that I find particularly annoying when I'm playing, are the In-Tournament Lobby constantly Freezing (particularly important in satellites), and you constantly have to refresh it. It surprises me that the T.Lobby doesn't freeze anywhere near as often when you are just watching, it's only when you are playing it seems

......and I've also noticed recently that when I try to Log out, I remain logged in, which is quite concerning, and a problem that our friend @TheWaddy highlighted 6 months or so ago, and I had never experienced before up until a month or so ago. ( I actually now go onto SKYBET and Log Out there instead) ....but I definitely think this needs looking at by the Techies @Sky__James please

I must admit I only play thru' the Browser, and never more than 2 tables, because I didn't like the graphics of the tiled tables, when I tried to play the Monday Triple Takedown in the past,.......... I don't know what it's like playing thru' the download client..... and could never even dream of playing 10+ tables at once, 'coz that really would 'Fry my Brain' :s:s

ps ...... I hope you can get your problem sorted out soon David ....the answers are out there :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    edited February 23
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    edited February 23
    mumsie said:

Doubleme said:

mumsie said:

Doubleme said:

mumsie said:

My bad, didn't realised you played 16.
    I've had a look & I think he may mean 16 DON's in a session, not simultaneously.

• Options
    ray01ray01 Member Posts: 91
    has the otter ate the egg yet ?
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    ray01 said:

.....keeps getting Out-FOXED :)
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    ray01 said:

More chance of the egg eating the otter than the software being updated.
  • Options
    were going to take more attempts, I
    Tikay10 said:
    thank you we have now got sky poker client working. I did mean 16 tables at once, I dont usually play that many tables but it has gone up to that amount before. on trying party out it was awkward getting many tables on this laptop that may be an issue for sky to will have to trial but its good to have the actual client working.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    It is difficult to get any honesty from sites to where they are at. If you push it, you get a commuication ban, all very odd.

Remember my grievance with standard results happening at 888 and leaving there?

Shortly before leaving, you could not even open the app there without my security identifying a bug and it not letting me open it, the same with downloading new versions.

Then i recently have been having 'free spins' at 888 so i built up a small bankroll (had to turn off security just to open app, really not good). So i thought id play some sit and go's with it, as no interest in spins.

But amazingly, May 2023, 888 poker has got rid of all its sit and gos, no heads up, no DYM, no nothing.... only the high variance blast tournaments (all in or fold type rubbish)....

The reason they have given? Sitting idle tables! Really???? These tables filled up 10 times faster than Sky tables... I would have to challenge the reasoning.... i dont feel its an honest reason....

So i will leave it up to you to decide what is happening .... i dont know how many times i have highlighted the fact sites just want to run high variance games, tourns that last 3mins and nothing that resembles actual poker........

Sites are doing this, have done it.... but your not allowed to mention it

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,633
    ^^^^
    Welcome back
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    TheWaddy said:

It is difficult to get any honesty from sites to where they are at. If you push it, you get a commuication ban, all very odd.

Remember my grievance with standard results happening at 888 and leaving there?

Shortly before leaving, you could not even open the app there without my security identifying a bug and it not letting me open it, the same with downloading new versions.

Then i recently have been having 'free spins' at 888 so i built up a small bankroll (had to turn off security just to open app, really not good). So i thought id play some sit and go's with it, as no interest in spins.

But amazingly, May 2023, 888 poker has got rid of all its sit and gos, no heads up, no DYM, no nothing.... only the high variance blast tournaments (all in or fold type rubbish)....

The reason they have given? Sitting idle tables! Really???? These tables filled up 10 times faster than Sky tables... I would have to challenge the reasoning.... i dont feel its an honest reason....

So i will leave it up to you to decide what is happening .... i dont know how many times i have highlighted the fact sites just want to run high variance games, tourns that last 3mins and nothing that resembles actual poker........

Sites are doing this, have done it.... but your not allowed to mention it

Hi

I play the £2 deepstack at 7:15pm, it lasts about 4 hours.
  • Options
    Talking of deepstacks.

I would like to use this opportunity to mention there is a daily deepstack at 2:15 for £2.20 that's worth a punt.

Welcome back @TheWaddy .

• Options
    Enjoy while you can!
  • Options
    Tho its the sit and go that involves any time that is in danger of becoming obsolete, not so much the multi player tournament.....