You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Kind of gives you a fresh perspective.

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,160
Hello everyone.

The more observant amongst you will have noticed a distinct lack of my presence on here over the past few weeks, with the exception of a couple of quick visits.

Well, it started out as a cold, developed into a fever, morphed into a raging leg infection complete with delirium as my temperature spiralled to 41.8 degrees and then sepsis.

I am now into my third week of oral antibiotics following several courses of IV administered drugs and getting my leg dressed every other day by the district nurses.

I'm still housebound and going out of my head with the inactivity, haven't driven in almost 4 weeks and am just sleepy all the time from the painkillers.

I wasn't truly aware of how close I came to being in a coma until one of the consultants explained that had I waited any longer things may have become very dire.

However, thanks to the brilliance of the medical team at Royal Stoke and the ongoing care from the district nurse team I am expected to make a full if slow recovery.

So if you don't see me on here for a while, don't worry, I'm just sleeping and healing and to be honest I just don't feel like playing or interacting at the moment. Plus I'm trying to sort out the wifes 60th birthday celebrations at the end of March.

Have a great week folks and enjoy life. Live, love and laugh. Stay safe.

Comments

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,524
    edited February 28
    Bl00dy Nora Mark, sounds like you have been through it there mate.

I wish you a speedy recovery. Listen to them docs! Take it easy and come back fighting fit when you are ready.

Oh, pics of nurses would be nice ;)

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,495
    Your a Drain on the Health Service " It's not just for you others waiting in A&E while you get home service....... hic!
  • Options
    Was thinking you had won a game High/Low against TheWaddy and he sent the Mob .?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Get well soon mate
    Were you checked for diabetes?
    Have to be careful with any cuts on the legs and feet with diabetes because of what you explained
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,320

Crikey, I was wondering where you were Mark.

Take it easy, & GWS mate.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,356
    Sorry to hear about this Mark, I did wonder if you were ok.

I've checked with Google and it looks like there is a reablement team in the Stoke area , they could offer support for daily living needs whilst you're at home in addition to the district nurses.

You would need to be referred to them either through your doctor or the district nurse.
    It gives 6 weeks of support for free. Could give your wife a rest too.

https://adultsocialcareportal.stoke.gov.uk/web/portal/pages/help/support/intermediate#:~:text=Intermediate, enablement and reablement support,injury or spell in hospital.
  • Options
    legascaaclegascaac Member Posts: 124
    Oh man hope you’re feeling better now .. A have a kid that regularly his temperature goes over 40 degrees but not as high as that thankfully. Hope you’re better now best wishes
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,160
    stokefc said:

Get well soon mate
    Were you checked for diabetes?
    Have to be careful with any cuts on the legs and feet with diabetes because of what you explained

Yes mate, I am checked every 6 months. What I have is a vascular anomaly which causes any damage to the lower legs to become ulcerated. I have to wear compression permanently and leg guards whenever I am scrambling/climbing or airsofting. I am on the list to see a vascular surgeon in May where alternative treatments will be discussed.

Whilst I sometimes get cellulitis it's never gotten like this before, I suppose it's just another thing that I will need to monitor more carefully.

• Options
    Be Happy if your happy there is nothing to worry about.

Being ill is part of Life as is being Happy or Sad being overweight or skinny.