You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Reminder for you PLO8 fans - tonight is the £400 PLO8

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,437

Perhaps because it only runs once a week, players often forget this is running, so here's your reminder.

You may have to manage without Neil @NChanning tonight as it's Cheltenham week which means he has to get up at 3am every day to prep his stuff for BettiongEmporium.com.

Good luck if you plan to play.

Oh, here's the Lobby, so you have no excuse now. It's open, so you can register now.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=37790767&guid=6bbaa012-b483-42c7-9a09-8619e1ed6fe6

Comments

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    Looks like it fell well short again. I was out so couldn't play it again this week.

Might be worth trying it on a different day of the week. Hopefully it won't get binned completely, as it did pretty well to begin with.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,600
  • Options
    Asho28 said:

Looks like it fell well short again. I was out so couldn't play it again this week.

Might be worth trying it on a different day of the week. Hopefully it won't get binned completely, as it did pretty well to begin with.

It is quite interesting (to me, anyway) that a fiver PLO8 freezeout gets 50 to 60 runners every night, 7 nights a week, but a once a week £11 version, with the option of a single rebuy, cannot muster even half that number. (Last night 23 entries & 5 rebuys).

• Options
    daggers747daggers747 Member Posts: 188
    You can take a horse to water.

Thanks for trying.

Daggers

• Options

@daggers747

Very true.

And yes, at least they tried.
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited March 15
    Tikay10 said:

Asho28 said:

It is quite interesting (to me, anyway) that a fiver PLO8 freezeout gets 50 to 60 runners every night, 7 nights a week, but a once a week £11 version, with the option of a single rebuy, cannot muster even half that number. (Last night 23 entries & 5 rebuys).

Probably a variety of reasons. Some people don't play higher buy-in games than £5.50 (I'm usually one of them). A lot of people probably won't rebuy anyway, especially in a scenario last night when only 3 people were paid given the number of runners.
    Time of evening might be a factor - only an hour difference between both PLO8 MTTs, but that's quite significant on a weeknight if you're finishing an hour later.
    I also think that there will still be plenty of people who don't know the new PLO8 MTT exists - I know you post every week on the forum as a reminder, but how much of the Sky traffic actually use the forum?
    Was also a fair bit of football on last night, as there was last Thursday when it also significantly fell short of guarantee. International break next week, so perhaps it may perform better then.
  • Options
    Asho28 said:

Tikay10 said:

Asho28 said:

Probably a variety of reasons. Some people don't play higher buy-in games than £5.50 (I'm usually one of them). A lot of people probably won't rebuy anyway, especially in a scenario last night when only 3 people were paid given the number of runners.
    Time of evening might be a factor - only an hour difference between both PLO8 MTTs, but that's quite significant on a weeknight if you're finishing an hour later.
    I also think that there will still be plenty of people who don't know the new PLO8 MTT exists - I know you post every week on the forum as a reminder, but how much of the Sky traffic actually use the forum?
    Was also a fair bit of football on last night, as there was last Thursday when it also significantly fell short of guarantee. International break next week, so perhaps it may perform better then.

@Asho28

Yes, most of that is fair comment.