You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How safe is Canada

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,615
as we all know nuclear war is now looking very likely and Trump winning the next election is looking almost certain and if he does pulling out of NATO and encouraging Russia to attack NATO members below the 2% spending thresh-hold looks very likely too.

Now Canada is spending 1.3% way below the 2% which means they could be a target.

Considering I am looking at the option of relocating to Canada as they have a shortage of Statistics and even a degree without wa job lined up could be enough to get a visa or whatever its called.

Now Russia Taking Canada would put them on Americas door step but could America let that happen?

so the question becomes how safe is Canada?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    i would say not very as they have a psychopath running their corporation
  • Options

i would say not very as they have a psychopath running their corporation

Well according to co pilot Canada is doing much better then us in nearly every way possible.

the main concern is the risk of invasion or been nuked. I would say for most people they have to realize that if Russia takes Canada that will be very bad for the USA putting Russia on their door step but then you never know with Trump.

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    For God's sake will you stop with the nuclear doomsday stuff. If it's gonna happen there's nowt you, me or anybody else can do to stop it.

If it really affects you that badly that you factor it into every life decision you make then I respectfully suggest that you seek some form of counselling.

Thank heavens you didn't grow up in the 70's and 80's when the threat was much more real, you'd be a raging basket case by now.
  • Options

For God's sake will you stop with the nuclear doomsday stuff. If it's gonna happen there's nowt you, me or anybody else can do to stop it.

If it really affects you that badly that you factor it into every life decision you make then I respectfully suggest that you seek some form of counselling.

Thank heavens you didn't grow up in the 70's and 80's when the threat was much more real, you'd be a raging basket case by now.

So your right that there is nothing I could do to stop it. However what I can control is what I do and where I am. So factoring in where the safest place to be is and how to be outside of any war or nuke zones makes sense.

I know no one can know for sure but with the right knowledge and analysis one can make the decisions that have the best expectation which is something I try to take into account.
  • Options
    probably dont even exist lol
  • Options
    just make sure you have a solid table to hide under and it will be fine lmao
  • Options

what are you trying to argue doesn't exist Canada Trump or the nukes?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    You do realize if one nuke goes off it'll go off everywhere and life will probably cease to exist , look for an island in the middle of the Pacific and hope to not get cannabalised is your best bet , how you get there , who knows
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

what are you trying to argue doesn't exist Canada Trump or the nukes?
    not trying to argue anything , i said probably and laughed
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,041
    Perhaps it's time for a change of career and apply for a job at the BBC.

If a full-blown World War Three does erupt, one place located in the UK will be the safest.

Wood Norton, a tunnel network running deep into the Worcestershire forest, has only a small radio mast and security banner visible from ground level.

Chiefs previously drew up detailed plans for the Wartime Broadcasting System designed to operate from Wood Norton if nuclear **** rains down upon Britain.

BBC HQ would have been a bunker at the Engineering Training Department at Wood Norton, where 90 staff would broadcast government-controlled output.

It is currently being used as a training base for sound engineers and technical staff at the broadcasting company.

But its mast would continue broadcasting messages from the BBC if the UK were ever to go into crisis mode.

Also referred to as PAWN, Protected Area Wood Norton, the site boasts several storeys of architecture underground.

BBC documents released in 2016 revealed that the base would be utilised in the event of a grave attack on the UK.

The facility is reportedly able to house up 90 BBC staff – including 12 news editors and sub-editors – and is even equipped with a ping-pong table.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,592
    lucy4 said:

Perhaps it's time for a change of career and apply for a job at the BBC.

If a full-blown World War Three does erupt, one place located in the UK will be the safest.

Wood Norton, a tunnel network running deep into the Worcestershire forest, has only a small radio mast and security banner visible from ground level.

Chiefs previously drew up detailed plans for the Wartime Broadcasting System designed to operate from Wood Norton if nuclear **** rains down upon Britain.

BBC HQ would have been a bunker at the Engineering Training Department at Wood Norton, where 90 staff would broadcast government-controlled output.

It is currently being used as a training base for sound engineers and technical staff at the broadcasting company.

But its mast would continue broadcasting messages from the BBC if the UK were ever to go into crisis mode.

Also referred to as PAWN, Protected Area Wood Norton, the site boasts several storeys of architecture underground.

BBC documents released in 2016 revealed that the base would be utilised in the event of a grave attack on the UK.

The facility is reportedly able to house up 90 BBC staff – including 12 news editors and sub-editors – and is even equipped with a ping-pong table.

So it is likely to be the first to flood with the tsunami created by the Russian nuclear bomb set to go off in the Irish sea?

If you don't get incinerated you would probably drown anyway.
  • Options
    stokefc said:

You do realize if one nuke goes off it'll go off everywhere and life will probably cease to exist , look for an island in the middle of the Pacific and hope to not get cannabalised is your best bet , how you get there , who knows

this may well be the case but trump has a basic way of thinking and may concede territory etc. so things can happen without nukes flying. That been said Russia would be taking a big gamble attacking Canada, they would be relying on the rest of NATO not to intervene it really depends just how stupid or in Putins pockets Trump will be.

It is clearly not in American interests to have Russia take Canada or Canadian land. Further to that it would be a risky move for Russia to attack Canada firstly they would need to know that no other NATO countries are coming to Canadas aid under article five. With USA out of the picture they may be right that no one comes to Canada's aid but they may also be very wrong.

with the proximity and land forces Russia can muster Canada would stand very little chance. the thing is Putin may need the assurance of the United States to promise protection to Russia as they invade Canada to deter other NATO countries getting involved but that would forever sully relations with Canada and the US if Canada even existed as a nation.

If America had any sense they would have to declare on Russia but would trump do that?

I think once Nukes go off it gets very very ugly Africa holds a grudge against the west for coloniasm and would take Russia side.

They would then be willing to fight down to the very last women and child there would be only one way they could be brought to heal and we know and everyone knows what I would say. but one or two or even 30 would not do it.

they would be relentless it would take at a least a 100 nukes to bring them to heal and then the grudge would be forever.

So in the event of Nuclear war all of Europe Russia China Japan Australia United States and Canada would be out.

I mean their is New Zealand but I dont like their blasphemy laws.

I guess I am considering options without Nuclear war should Nuclear war break out there is no where to hide.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    just go live in hundred acre wood. Ffs you make my son seem rational and he is bipolar ocd adhd and 3 parts freaking psycho.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,507
    He can't

chopped all the trees down......eeek!
  • Options
    He's probably responsible for the Sycamore gap Tree.... Canada won't let him in. !
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,744
    well the only thing i know about canada;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwBR0qwHZBA
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,149
    Let me guess you're a glass half empty kind of guy aren't you......
  • Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

Let me guess you're a glass half empty kind of guy aren't you......

I think so but I was reflecting on this deeply today I have known many defeatist people in life and found it frustrating but I am very defeatist myself. Not without good cause but I have decided to dedicate the next 2 and a half years of my life to really seeing what happens if I push myself to the max, to answer the question once and for all, could I actually ever make it in the working world to a decent career we shall see what happens but this setting up for a huge rant and coming out in 3 years if the world isnt at war and I am still working min wage jobs.
  • Options
    Pin your hopes on the " Lottery " for the Future.

This Government are collecting Tramps off the Streets cleaning them up to stand as Tory Candidates at next Election to become MPs and run our Country.