You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

what the **** does this mean?

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,610
hi I just wanted to check if some software called python is allowed or prohibited whilst the pokerstars software is open. I need python to complete coursework and this would not be used for anything to do with poker. However the software does have the capability if programmed right to offer real time assistance. So it may be prohibited its not made for poker its a programming language

Welcome to PokerStars Support! My name is Desire and I will be glad to help you.I am happy to inform you about these 2 important aspects:1. We are now using a messaging system and I will establish an expected response time. Should I need additional information or time, I will inform you.2. These changes have been made to allow us to carefully review your account and provide an accurate answer to your question.We appreciate your cooperation!

I'll review this.Allow me 10 minutes, please.
Desire - 12:40 AM
ok
You - 12:41 AM

Allow me 5 minutes more, please. I'm still working on this.
Desire - 12:50 AM
ok thanks for your efforts
You - 12:50 AM

Can you please confirm the exact name of the software? Is just Python?
Desire - 12:52 AM
yes and no sorry to be vague python is the name of the software but it has various versions I anaconda Jupiter version for my course
I meant I use anaconda..
You - 12:53 AM

Thank you for clarification. I'm asking for extra help to review this.
Desire - 12:54 AM
ok ty
You - 12:54 AM

This program is not listed by our side. If you want to know more about the use of third parties programs, please, feel free to review our website:

https://www.pokerstars.uk/poker/room/prohibited/

Is there anything else I can help you with? I will be with you for the next 5 minutes. After this time, you can just contact us again.
Desire - 12:56 AM
yeah just double checking to be sure then I am aware its not listed as prohibited
but i thought that list was just a guide i just want to be absolutely sure because I will play the odd tables of sats to sunday mil if allowed whilst working on coursework
and I dont want to get into trouble later if I do use python to do my coursework whilst having the odd table going on stars eg if i wonbig in sunday mil and then got disqualifed would kind of suck
You - 12:57 AM

As a piece of advice, I would say try to use the listings as accepted - that way we avoid scares in the future! 😉
Desire - 12:57 AM
yeah not used whilst client open yet dont think but again checking to see if allowed
You - 12:58 AM

It was my pleasure to attend you! Thanks for contacting us. A three question survey will follow as we value your feedback. Have a great evening!
Desire - 12:58 AM
Conversation closed by the agent - Now

We would love to get your feedback with a couple of questions? 😊

Based on your experience today, how likely would you be to recommend PokerStars to a friend?
(Where 10 is most likely and 0 is not at all likely)
Survey Bot - 12:59 AM
You - 12:59 AM

Thank you, do you have any other feedback on how we could improve this score?

so I assume I am good to use the software then? I obvious dont intend to use this on stars to cheat in anyway just play the odd sat to the sunday mil whilst working on coursework.

and play the mil if I qualify.

Comments

• Options
    well I won the sat i am in didnt have python open but need to know for sure for the day.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,522

This is a matter for Pokerstars, not Sky Poker.

However, I would suggest you are allowed to have any third party software you wish on your device, including any versions or derivations of Python, as long as you don't use them whilst playing on PokerStars. The same would apply here at Sky Poker.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,744
    So that’s why all those computer science guys are experts at poker :) haha
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

However, I would suggest you are allowed to have any third party software you wish on your device, including any versions or derivations of Python, as long as you don't use them whilst playing on PokerStars. The same would apply here at Sky Poker.

ty for that, soz if that breaks forum rules I didnt think it would or is an issue as pokerstars and sky poker are under the same flutter umbrella.

I guess its a weird one because you can use excel or word to aid with poker online or even sheets and pages.

what I want to avoid is like a six figure win that isnt paid out because I had python open or something.

I guess if I ran deep python wouldnt be open anyway but may have been in the earlier stages, if its allowed which I think I have covered myself for by asking.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,522
    edited April 3
    Doubleme said:

Tikay10 said:

ty for that, soz if that breaks forum rules I didnt think it would or is an issue as pokerstars and sky poker are under the same flutter umbrella.

I guess its a weird one because you can use excel or word to aid with poker online or even sheets and pages.

what I want to avoid is like a six figure win that isnt paid out because I had python open or something.

I guess if I ran deep python wouldnt be open anyway but may have been in the earlier stages, if its allowed which I think I have covered myself for by asking.

It does not break any Forum rules & it's not an issue, I was simply making the point that is has nothing to do with Sky Poker, & also that I don't speak for PokerStars. So just a random personal opinion really, but just basic common-sense.

If I were you, I don't think I'd spend too much time worrying about what might happen if you win the Sunday Million.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Doubleme said:

Tikay10 said:

It does not break any Forum rules & it's not an issue, I was simply making the point that is has nothing to do with Sky Poker, & also that I don't speak for PokerStars. So just a random personal opinion really, but just basic common-sense.

If I were you, I don't think I'd spend too much time worrying about what might happen if you win the Sunday Million.

fair point I think it is highly unlikely for anyone no matter how skilled there are just too many players and its a heck of a long shot for anyone.

usually I would say I am an under dog in it, but then when everyone and their dog enters for a big anniversary one not so sure may have an edge against the overall standard may not.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    You put your python away it's not fair on anyone else
    I'll apologise in advance if it's below the belt ;)
  • Options
    ray01ray01 Member Posts: 91
    dont worry about the python im more worried about what happened to the otter?
  • Options
    ray01 said:

dont worry about the python im more worried about what happened to the otter?

dont worry about him he will be alright

• Options
    ray01ray01 Member Posts: 91
    :):D:) nice one lol
  • Options
    well it wont let me play any more sats as I already have so this is now irrelevant the answer is simple dont have python open during sunday mil then nothing to worry about.

I was saying to my girlfriend earlier that if I didnt have studies or work commitments and just had the whole time free I would make a point of playing every single tourney sat and sleeping in power naps and rem cycles for a week to take advantage the standard is that bad.

Like way way worse then pre black friday bad, I am literally not exaggerating to say the standard in the sunday mil sats is worse then the standard on a 28p turbo don here. so guess if people plan to play sunday mil and havent won their seats yet they should go for the sats until they do.
  • Options
    davelufcdavelufc Member Posts: 1,370
    @Doubleme

What a coincidence,

This thread title is the exact feeling i get when i`ve just read one of your posts :)

Strange or what?

PS. Nobody knew you had a girlfriend, you should have mentioned it before !!!! :D

• Options
    SCOTFOXSCOTFOX Member Posts: 188
    davelufc said:

@Doubleme

What a coincidence,

This thread title is the exact feeling i get when i`ve just read one of your posts :)

Strange or what?

PS. Nobody knew you had a girlfriend, you should have mentioned it before !!!! :D

You are not alone!