You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Israel V Iran II The official Thread on behalf of @HAYSIE

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
edited April 14 in The Rail
Sorry @Doubleme, couldn't resist.

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,039
    Who else when they hear on the news that a country has launched a 'Drone Attack' on it's enemy, has a picture in their head of a dad in the park with his kids trying to fly an out of control Christmas present.

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,039
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,155
  • Options
  • Options
    Iran shuts down nuclear facilities over fears of Israel attack - live updates

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/live/iran-israel-attack-live-news-war-081329251.html
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,016
    I cannot understand the double standards at play here.

Israel carries out regular attacks on other sovereign nations. As an example, the disgraceful attack on the Iranian Embassy in Syria.

I don't agree that Iran is "entitled" to protect its borders by launching missiles into Israel. For exactly the same reasons.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Israel carries out regular attacks on other sovereign nations. As an example, the disgraceful attack on the Iranian Embassy in Syria.

I don't agree that Iran is "entitled" to protect its borders by launching missiles into Israel. For exactly the same reasons.

Essexphil said:

This is a very difficult topic.
    Any criticism of Israel is considered antisemitic by some, or support for Hamas by others.
    The whole thing is a tragedy, and a pointless waste of life.
    The Israeli governments goal was to destroy Hamas, yet they have probably secured its future for generations.
    People will have long memories when it comes to the 30,000 plus deaths, particularly when so many have been innocent women, and children.
    It is difficult to see any chance of a solution in the region, as none of the protagonists seem likely to change.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,522
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

This is a very difficult topic.
    Any criticism of Israel is considered antisemitic by some, or support for Hamas by others.
    The whole thing is a tragedy, and a pointless waste of life.
    The Israeli governments goal was to destroy Hamas, yet they have probably secured its future for generations.
    People will have long memories when it comes to the 30,000 plus deaths, particularly when so many have been innocent women, and children.
    It is difficult to see any chance of a solution in the region, as none of the protagonists seem likely to change.

An unusually perceptive view point by our elderly correspondent from Wales, especially this...

"The Israeli governments goal was to destroy Hamas, yet they have probably secured its future for generations.
    People will have long memories when it comes to the 30,000 plus deaths, particularly when so many have been innocent women, and children."
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,522

Meanwhile, Mr Sunak has been on the 'phone to Benjamin Netanyahu & Lord Cameron has gone to visit him, in both cases to give Mr Netanyahu a good ticking off. I'm sure that will scare the life out of him...
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Meanwhile, Mr Sunak has been on the 'phone to Benjamin Netanyahu & Lord Cameron has gone to visit him, in both cases to give Mr Netanyahu a good ticking off. I'm sure that will scare the life out of him...

Yeah right.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

The other thing that seems to have occurred, is since the Iran situation hit the front pages, Gaza has taken a back seat.
    This is despite the fact that an Israeli strike on a playground yesterday killed 11, most of whom were children.
    And nobody seems to be talking about hostages these days.
  • Options
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,610
    so just wondering how long it is before we publicly condemn the jews on here for auschwitz since we go for criticism every time we are attacked.

just waiting for it.
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

so just wondering how long it is before we publicly condemn the jews on here for auschwitz since we go for criticism every time we are attacked.

just waiting for it.

Wrong again.
  • Options
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    Doubleme said:

just waiting for it.

Why in God's Name would anybody condemn the Jews for any aspect of the Holocaust, publicly or otherwise.

Condemning them for acts of aggression, war and genocide with regard to Gaza and other atrocities carried out in the occupied territories is justified.

If you're going to play the Semitic victim card, please be accurate.
  • Options
  • Options
    White House remains silent after Blinken says US not involved in Israeli strike on Iran

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/blinken-says-us-not-involved-135957149.html