You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Liz Truss’ Book Sparks Controversy as Cabinet Office Claims Breach of Protocol

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219
    lucy4 said:

Why the **** is this total waste of space getting any air time at all the **** should've been **** off in to obscurity a long time ago.

Because she's promoting her book I suppose.

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,524
    lucy4 said:

Why the **** is this total waste of space getting any air time at all the **** should've been **** off in to obscurity a long time ago.

I really think that she thinks she has a big chance of a comeback, after Sunak bites the dust.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,543
    The Tory Party has got rid of the dead wood PMs and is now hole again ..... Oops!
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,108
    edited April 21
    goldon said:

So we all blame her & not the Tory Party that put her in charge. ? or was she the patsy.!

This is close. But it is worse than that.

It wasn't the Tory Party that put her in charge. It was the Tory Party Members. Not the MPs, as in other elections.

The Tory Party Members are not truly representative of the Tory Party voters, or (of course) the wider electorate.

The Members who actually voted were overwhelmingly from the Baby Boomer Generation. The selfish generation. Who voted for self-interest, because they believed "Trussonomics". Or, at least, preferred to risk it rather than someone who looked distinctly foreign.

Amuses me that the people on here complaining about her ever being PM are almost all from the same Generation (as am I).

The Generation that believe everything is someone else's fault. Not like (say) the Silent Generation-no World Wars, no Conscription, no National Service, no Rationing, no Tax Free Lump Sums, free Education, affordable housing to Buy or Rent.

And-rather more importantly-a massively worse Taxpayer to Pensioner ratio. Because it is today's taxpayers who fund Pensions.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,524
    Essexphil said:

goldon said:

So we all blame her & not the Tory Party that put her in charge. ? or was she the patsy.!

This is close. But it is worse than that.

It wasn't the Tory Party that put her in charge. It was the Tory Party Members. Not the MPs, as in other elections.

The Tory Party Members are not truly representative of the Tory Party voters, or (of course) the wider electorate.

The Members who actually voted were overwhelmingly from the Baby Boomer Generation. The selfish generation. Who voted for self-interest, because they believed "Trussonomics". Or, at least, preferred to risk it rather than someone who looked distinctly foreign.

Amuses me that the people on here complaining about her ever being PM are almost all from the same Generation (as am I).

The Generation that believe everything is someone else's fault. Not like (say) the Silent Generation-no World Wars, no Conscription, no National Service, no Rationing, no Tax Free Lump Sums, free Education, affordable housing to Buy or Rent.

And-rather more importantly-a massively worse Taxpayer to Pensioner ratio. Because it is today's taxpayers who fund Pensions.
    Who are the Tory party members picking the next UK prime minister?

https://www.ft.com/content/1454fe21-5b2e-459c-966c-65fd48d52f8f
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,107