You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I called it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,628
I said this was coming and here it is. Yeah and people wonder why I am not desperate to put my life on the line for this country I said they would apologise to the germans for world war 2 and the movement is starting an english channel on youtube with a lot of support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4W61ZKj4I4

Comments

• Options
    My people end up in concentration camps in this country I plan to get out before its too late
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,751
    edited April 21
    Doubleme said:

My people end up in concentration camps in this country I plan to get out before its too late

get a grip dude.

we will never let that typa thing happen in the uk, ever!
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,028
    I saw my Father cry twice in my entire life.

1 of those times was arm in arm with a bunch of German soldiers, all crying while apologising for the terrible things they were forced to do by the leaders of their country.

Because British soldiers weren't shooting at that vile scum Hitler. They were shooting at innocent people on the other side of a conflict that was not of their choosing. Same was true for the vast majority of German troops.

Leaving to 1 side the obvious fact that there has never been a concentration camp on this country-although there have been times when the UK (like most places) have treated Jews appallingly.

I have 2 questions that I would love your input, @Doubleme

Not to seek to denigrate you or your religion in any way. Religion is a deeply personal thing. I have great admiration for the vast majority of Jews, Muslims and Christians. Where I tend to have issues is with the more fundamentalist/Orthodox believers of all religions. I genuinely would be interested in your answers:-

1. Do you believe that it is both possible that there are more radical elements within Hamas, Hezbollah, and the wider Arab World that hold views, and commit actions, that cause unnecessary suffering to Israelis, Palestinians, and even Jewish and Muslim people in the UK? And, at the same time, more radical elements within Israel, including various of the groups in the current Coalition in Israel that similarly cause unnecessary suffering to all those same groups of people?

2. I know a lot of Orthodox Jews. I am aware of the various Rules adopted by the more Orthodox of the faith in relation to the Shabbat. The Chief Executive of the Campaign against Antisemitism, Gideon Falter, was advancing towards a Pro-Palestinian march, on a Saturday morning, in Holborn, in Orthodox garb. I don't know where he lives, but I am fascinated as to why he was walking miles from any Synagogue I know of (WC2 is quite a distance from W1), and whether you believe he should be both travelling and carrying out work on the Sabbath, given that he is clearly Orthodox in his beliefs?

There are ways of approaching potential trouble. For example, I see absolutely nothing wrong with a Jewish person walking near a pro-Palestinian march. Just like I see absolutely nothing wrong with a Muslim walking near a Pro-Israel march. But, if a Muslim chose to walk towards a pro-Israel march as a known leading campaigner against Israel while accentuating his Religion via his attire, do you think a Policeman should be sacked if he suggested it might be better to be less openly confrontational?
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

I saw my Father cry twice in my entire life.

1 of those times was arm in arm with a bunch of German soldiers, all crying while apologising for the terrible things they were forced to do by the leaders of their country.

Because British soldiers weren't shooting at that vile scum Hitler. They were shooting at innocent people on the other side of a conflict that was not of their choosing. Same was true for the vast majority of German troops.

Leaving to 1 side the obvious fact that there has never been a concentration camp on this country-although there have been times when the UK (like most places) have treated Jews appallingly.

I have 2 questions that I would love your input, @Doubleme

Not to seek to denigrate you or your religion in any way. Religion is a deeply personal thing. I have great admiration for the vast majority of Jews, Muslims and Christians. Where I tend to have issues is with the more fundamentalist/Orthodox believers of all religions. I genuinely would be interested in your answers:-

1. Do you believe that it is both possible that there are more radical elements within Hamas, Hezbollah, and the wider Arab World that hold views, and commit actions, that cause unnecessary suffering to Israelis, Palestinians, and even Jewish and Muslim people in the UK? And, at the same time, more radical elements within Israel, including various of the groups in the current Coalition in Israel that similarly cause unnecessary suffering to all those same groups of people?

2. I know a lot of Orthodox Jews. I am aware of the various Rules adopted by the more Orthodox of the faith in relation to the Shabbat. The Chief Executive of the Campaign against Antisemitism, Gideon Falter, was advancing towards a Pro-Palestinian march, on a Saturday morning, in Holborn, in Orthodox garb. I don't know where he lives, but I am fascinated as to why he was walking miles from any Synagogue I know of (WC2 is quite a distance from W1), and whether you believe he should be both travelling and carrying out work on the Sabbath, given that he is clearly Orthodox in his beliefs?

There are ways of approaching potential trouble. For example, I see absolutely nothing wrong with a Jewish person walking near a pro-Palestinian march. Just like I see absolutely nothing wrong with a Muslim walking near a Pro-Israel march. But, if a Muslim chose to walk towards a pro-Israel march as a known leading campaigner against Israel while accentuating his Religion via his attire, do you think a Policeman should be sacked if he suggested it might be better to be less openly confrontational?

I don't doubt there are innocents on all sides of a conflict and often a large amount of these are the soldiers themselves. We are all the product of our civilization our culture and our upbringing. If we were brought up in different times or in a different society we would likely have view points ideas and values which would appal this iteration of ourselves.

If you are Russian your media is controlled and a certain narrative forced on you, you cant express different ideas otherwise you face serious Jail time and your forced to the front lines.

In regards to not offending my religion I am not Jewish by faith I am Jewish by race. This seems an obscure opaque thing for people to grasp. traditionally you cannot convert to Judaism easily if you were not born into a Jewish family you would have to spend 7 years around a Rabbi as basically been their servant to convert to the faith. I don't know if the same requirements exist today likely not but this has traditionally led to the Jewish people been an ethnic group.

People identify me as Jewish whether I choose to be or not I was expelled from Jewish weekend school when I was a child because every time they said anything I questioned how we knew that and questioned the faith. some people would be ashamed of that not me I am proud of that. I dont think I ever believed the Jewish faith there was a brief time when I was Christian by faith I am embarrassed to say.

It seems odd that I am targeted for been of Jewish Ancestry have been physically attacked on more then one occasion for it as has one of my brothers, yet most of the people I have had the conversation with say that you cant be racist against Jews because Jews are not an ethnicity even though we are, yet people often say you can be racist against Muslims even though Islam has billions of followers of multiple different ethnicities.

I think that it is the case that religion and ethnicity are intertwined often because people often follow the faith they are brought up in which is often related to demographics. If people say stuff like x Jews or x Muslims where x is some derogatory smear then that is unacceptable.

But I do not ask for the Jewish faith or any faith to be respected. Religions are ideas and truth claims, and all ideas and truth claims should be subject to criticism and ridicule that is part of freedom of expression speech and thought.

Religion is ultimately damaging to the human species and irrational in the extreme. As it happens just today I was seeing flat earther comments on facebook, where people were saying to disregard fancy equations and trust the bible. Now there are those that debate whether the Bible does or does not claim the earth to be flat I wont get into hermeneutics here as that would be a deviation of I will just say the fact that there exists a significant proportion of people who are willing to chuck out the progress and the scientific statistical evidence we have gathered as a species in favour of a an ancient text written by primitives who claim with no evidence that this came from a higher being. Its absurd and it threatens our very survival of a species and our very development.

Religion should be ridiculed. Religious or ethnic groups should not its a fine line I understand but its a distinction worth making.

In regards to your first question of course there are individuals in all groups who hold very negative ideas and cause a lot of suffering.

With regards to your second question I would need to look more into that specific case.

However what I think has become apparent is the obvious bias in this country. People are usually to switched on to the game so to speak to say something outrageous like claiming hitler was right or concentration camps for Jews should be a thing. Though I have noted cases where this has happened. When it has I have heard nearly everyone that has witnessed it defend it saying that i was over reacting and it was not racist.

If you worked in an office and there was a specific ethnic minority and the boss never ever specifically said anything negative about the guys ethnicity directly, but had negative politics to towards their country, and then every single time there was any dispute or competition for anything in the company every single time without fail took the other side against this guy would you suspect racism?

I have a lot I can say about this but with mutliple tables going I will leave a lot of what I have to say till later