You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Vegas

SPTpaulSPTpaul Member Posts: 17
edited April 21 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

I have had my first 2 week's back proper to sky poker since I was a regular here for a few months @ 2012/13 and as a pocket money player I usually play satellites and try to spin them up for packages/ or uk tour games, I can say I have really enjoyed the first 2 weeks of the Vegas satts here, up to now no luck but will keep trying, very pleased sky has kept the chat going it seems very friendly up to now,

I am really suprised how many very good players there are, most of them are usually on my tables lol, I was lucky enough to win a wsop package at one of the other sites 6 years back, really enjoyed that so decided to give sky a go, I know these big package games are long shots especially for pocket money player's but you gotta be in it to win it. GL all that try.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,522

@SPTpaul

VBOL with qualifying for SPT Vegas this year Paul.
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    Good luck, I am a pocket money player and have been trying for the last 20 years.
    I did win an SPT Manchester package once,but sky have now stopped doing SPT packages in the U K.
    I may be mistaken,but correct me if I am wrong .
    I agave cone across you and many tables, you seem to be one of the serious players.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Hi Wynne
    gl to you too m8, yes we have met on the tables a few times in the last couple of weeks, you say serious player lol, I do try but no luck in the first couple of weeks of the Vegas satts, I bet you enjoyed the SPT Manchester game, never played there, was it a good day? There is a guy I used to watch playing on twitter that lives near me, and he won one of the Manchester SPT games, he has a really good game, I know him as Craig
    he was telling me its a great weekend away, he gets coached once a week and I think thats the secret, if I was younger I would look into it but I am too old now, I should of done it years ago when I had the chance.
    if Sky start satts for the next one in Manchester will give them a go. I only played one SPT game when it was in Newcastle I think it was 2013/14 and I got some good cards that day and ended up 2nd place but poker was a much easier game 10/15 years ago imo.

Ok gl m8 catch u at the tables.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@SPTpaul

VBOL with qualifying for SPT Vegas this year Paul.

cheers Tikay
  • Options
    edited April 22
    SPTpaul said:

Hi Wynne
    gl to you too m8, yes we have met on the tables a few times in the last couple of weeks, you say serious player lol, I do try but no luck in the first couple of weeks of the Vegas satts, I bet you enjoyed the SPT Manchester game, never played there, was it a good day? There is a guy I used to watch playing on twitter that lives near me, and he won one of the Manchester SPT games, he has a really good game, I know him as Craig
    he was telling me its a great weekend away, he gets coached once a week and I think thats the secret, if I was younger I would look into it but I am too old now, I should of done it years ago when I had the chance.
    if Sky start satts for the next one in Manchester will give them a go. I only played one SPT game when it was in Newcastle I think it was 2013/14 and I got some good cards that day and ended up 2nd place but poker was a much easier game 10/15 years ago imo.

Ok gl m8 catch u at the tables.

@SPTpaul

Ahh, now I remember who you are.

SPT Newcastle, 2013

Result as follows
    Position Player Alias

1 Richard Knibbs richwhale
    2 Paul Woloszyn SPTPaul
    3 Simon Allen Slykllist
    4 McLean Karr  
    5 Richard Nelson killswitch
    6 Bryan Cameron schwuffy54
    7 John Hicks dave488
    8 Peter Munro Ebberdon
    9 Kevin McCutcheon kevmac10
    10 Colin Napier CTBN
    11 Steven Lawson SJL1973
    12 Simon Hahn Sidarlokin
    13 Jamie Rutherford Jchip
    14 Colin Goldsmith Goldenb238
    15 Cameron McKillop Oban
    16 Huan Tong Tonytong
    17 Keith Farrington Goldnballz
    18 Weiking W ang  
    19 Neil Thorne Basty2010
    20 David Hodgetts Coolhandfu
    21 David Evans Raffles65
    22 Gary Moore Gazmoor433
    23 Lisa Marie Brough River_Fox

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    WOW.....very nice result Paul @SPTpaul

Craig is @craigcu12 who plays all the SPT's in UK .....but plays more on other sites now I believe.

GOOD LUCK with the VEGA$ $at$ Paul.....I'm sure I'll see you on a table soon :)

Great to see a Final Day full of SKYPOKER players ........ were outsiders allowed in then @Tikay10 ?
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

WOW.....very nice result Paul @SPTpaul

Craig is @craigcu12 who plays all the SPT's in UK .....but plays more on other sites now I believe.

GOOD LUCK with the VEGA$ $at$ Paul.....I'm sure I'll see you on a table soon :)

Great to see a Final Day full of SKYPOKER players ........ were outsiders allowed in then @Tikay10 ?

@MISTY4ME

Yes, it was open to all.

• Options
    yes Mysty it is Craig I watched him play regular on a night and I think he is a really good player and a nice bloke he only lives a few miles away.
  • Options
    When was the first SPT Cardiff. I was introduced to David Harvey and we played as Team Hit Squad.
    That is how long I Have been with Sky poker, even before that it used to be on SkyTv.
    I am in my 86th year now.
  • Options
    wynne1938 said:

When was the first SPT Cardiff. I was introduced to David Harvey and we played as Team Hit Squad.
    That is how long I Have been with Sky poker, even before that it used to be on SkyTv.

@wynne1938

Your first game on Sky Poker was 10th October 2007.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

wynne1938 said:

@wynne1938

Your first game on Sky Poker was 10th October 2007.
    Proves what a good crowd we have on this site. Friends for life.
    Thanks Tikay for alll you do to keep this site going