You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
    How on earth is this possible?
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,597
    HAYSIE said:

Brexit undoubtedly.

HAYSIE said:

Brexit undoubtedly.
    I didnt see anything funny in this story.
    There's nothing funny no.

Once again the total incompetence of Government officials beggars belief and it's hoped that this can be resolved.

However, there is a certain irony to the story.

He comes legally to the UK from Somalia, which has to be like winning the lottery, considering the state of that Country, then returns to the neighboring Djibouti for a "short holiday" in the hope it would help his health.

Surely I am not the only one scratching their head over that, there must be better options.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,975
    well soon the government will start shipping the homeless of to Rwanda.

There's nothing funny no.

No.

Once again the total incompetence of Government officials beggars belief and it's hoped that this can be resolved.

You could compile a fairly long list of this governments incompetence.
    Although a Labour Government was in control, when his family first entered the country, and when he left for his holiday.

However, there is a certain irony to the story.

I dont see any, and am surprised that you do.

He comes legally to the UK from Somalia, which has to be like winning the lottery, considering the state of that Country, then returns to the neighboring Djibouti for a "short holiday" in the hope it would help his health.

He thought that the holiday may have aided his recovery from tuberculosis.
    I have no idea of the merits of this plan.

The Home Office seem guilty of not keeping adequate records.
    They have also refused to help at any time since he has been away.
    He got no assistance from a British Embassy.
    Our legal system has not been able to offer any redress during the last 16 years.
    Conspiracy theorists would have a field day with this story.
    We just seem to have demonstrated breath-taking incompetence.

If the EU were responsible, both you and Nigel Farage would have been all over it.

Surely I am not the only one scratching their head over that, there must be better options.

Had he possessed Mystic Meg like abilities, I am certain he would have settled for Clacton instead.

Ok, I'll come right out and say it.

Nobody in their right mind goes to an impoverished, difficult and expensive to get to Country which has dubious human rights, a fragile peace and a higher than average mortality rate for a health improving holiday.

This is a pertinent observation, as the development of TB is advanced by warm, humid climates whereas Colder, dryer climates have been shown to help in the reduction of the effects.

As I said something doesn't add up.

• VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,272
    edited April 23
    I've been to Djibouti, nearly got shot, won't be going back.......
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,878
    VespaPX said:

I've been to Djibouti, nearly got shot, won't be going back.......

Where's the Daring Bear Grylls Adventure in you, get down to his play ground and man up. hic!

Ok, I'll come right out and say it.

Nobody in their right mind goes to an impoverished, difficult and expensive to get to Country which has dubious human rights, a fragile peace and a higher than average mortality rate for a health improving holiday.

This is a pertinent observation, as the development of TB is advanced by warm, humid climates whereas Colder, dryer climates have been shown to help in the reduction of the effects.

As I said something doesn't add up.

Nevertheless, however stupid he was to take this holiday, he had the right to return.
    There is no excuse for the fact that this has so far taken 16 years, and he is still not back.