You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sheriff "proper" sats would be great, same format as the main event satellites each evening

SwifteyyeuSwifteyyeu Member Posts: 37
1 in 5 get tickets, £12 entry etc.

Comments

• Options
    River_FoxRiver_Fox Member Posts: 119
    There used to be, a couple years ago. A semi that ran at 19:45 for £12. Also micro sats into said semi for just £2.60.
    Then it got removed. Something I never understood as it usually ran well. What I don’t get is why they don’t just make it so that the game can’t start until it reaches a set amount of players. Like a sit and go. Then there wouldn’t ever be any guarantees not met.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,610
    River_Fox said:

There used to be, a couple years ago. A semi that ran at 19:45 for £12. Also micro sats into said semi for just £2.60.
    Then it got removed. Something I never understood as it usually ran well. What I don’t get is why they don’t just make it so that the game can’t start until it reaches a set amount of players. Like a sit and go. Then there wouldn’t ever be any guarantees not met.

there are some tournies I used to like to play that have been removed. It seems to be that as soon as numbers get below the guarantee the tournement is reduced or removed and not brought back or guarantee increased again.

the games would probs get the numbers mostly but now they are removed and never ever coming back thats how it goes.
  • Options
    Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 439
    River_Fox said:

The semi never ran by the end. Of the last 25 nights it was in the lobby it only ran twice, both at a loss.
    Same issue with the micros. Even though they were set at minimum 3 runners, only 1 ran in an entire month. There was zero interest in them.
  • Options
    235467235467 Member Posts: 17
    I'd often play them, don't think I was a regular player last time they were here. If it was a £12 satellite (11+1) and a minimum of 5 runners to start (therefore cannot run at a loss), it couldn't hurt could it? Not like a dealer needs paying.

Also, could there not be a nightly satellite to the sunday major? (again, minimum runners to guarantee no losses for sky). I'm usually busy at weekends and don't like having to get started too early with satellites for the evening stuff (family and all that). It would be nice to be able to try and lock up a seat earlier in the week and plan the weekend accordingly. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would benefit from this.

And finally (promise) @Sky_James, I recently requested looking at making the nightly 7.45pm £5.50 plo a 3k starting stack. I polled players in game and only got positive responses. Any movement on this?

Hope this didn't sound whiney - wasn't meant to :)