You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

is Russia actually the worlds no1 superpower?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,284
    Doubleme said:

ultimately I think the ideal strategy for Russia is not to take Ukraine right away but drag this on for decades whilst starving the west economically and weaking us. If they just flat out take all of Ukraine and then head to the next country we may not be hit so hard economically.

The whole Russia/Ukraine thing is just propoganda so the naive public will tolerate money laundering of our money, poverty, and ultimately depoopulation on a massive scale. Think of how much of our taxes have been sent to Ukraine with no accountability of where it is spent. If that money was spent wisely in the UK, you could literally end homelessness.

there is truth in what you say but they keep doing this they did it for covid and will do it for many other things. It does put an ecomic strain but all they care about is pillaging whatever they can however they can for themselves and their rich friends hopefully we can get rid of this tory government but I don't see it.
    How are the Russians going to starve the west economically ?

Honestly, Russia is teetering on the brink of financial meltdown with only an estimated 12 - 14 months worth of economic reserves left. They are struggling to keep anarchy off their streets, whilst throwing every resource into trying to win what seemed in the beginning an easily winnable war.

Your fixation on Russia becoming some form of all conquering global force is bordering on paranoia and is delusional.

Personally I'm more concerned about the Tories and their policies than I am about Mad Uncle Vlad and his rhetoric.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,719

Doubleme said:

ultimately I think the ideal strategy for Russia is not to take Ukraine right away but drag this on for decades whilst starving the west economically and weaking us. If they just flat out take all of Ukraine and then head to the next country we may not be hit so hard economically.

The whole Russia/Ukraine thing is just propoganda so the naive public will tolerate money laundering of our money, poverty, and ultimately depoopulation on a massive scale. Think of how much of our taxes have been sent to Ukraine with no accountability of where it is spent. If that money was spent wisely in the UK, you could literally end homelessness.

there is truth in what you say but they keep doing this they did it for covid and will do it for many other things. It does put an ecomic strain but all they care about is pillaging whatever they can however they can for themselves and their rich friends hopefully we can get rid of this tory government but I don't see it.
    How are the Russians going to starve the west economically ?

Honestly, Russia is teetering on the brink of financial meltdown with only an estimated 12 - 14 months worth of economic reserves left. They are struggling to keep anarchy off their streets, whilst throwing every resource into trying to win what seemed in the beginning an easily winnable war.

Your fixation on Russia becoming some form of all conquering global force is bordering on paranoia and is delusional.

Personally I'm more concerned about the Tories and their policies than I am about Mad Uncle Vlad and his rhetoric.
    I'm not a fan of the Tories that may have become apparent in some of my posts, I used to be a tory voter I am embarrassed to say but that is because I was indoctrinated by my parents and grew up with only right wing press left wing press was banned etc seeing what I have seen from this tory government has left me embarrassed that I ever called myself a tory voter.

All that been said we are screwed whoever we have in government it may be worse with the tories sure but its mathematically assured things will continue to get worse regardless of who is leading that is a mathematical certainty.

this is a thread that I have been working on its quite large but it will be coming soon if I do not lose the thread text i have written otherwise will have to wait till after exam.

Think you will like that one because it is actually mentioned in revelations but then I wont take that as proof of god because self fulfilling prophecy potential is a thing lucky guess is another and smart people can often see future trends.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,284
    Revelations is becoming more relevant as societal trends indicate an increasing satanic degeneracy. Most people think that if Christ returns it's one quick battle, the devil is defeated and it's all milk and honey everafter. Nope after imprisoning the Beast for 1,000 years within the earth, Christ releases him for the final battle. That's the one where the living will be asked to take the mark of the Beast or face beheading.

Spoiler alert, beheading is the correct choice.

Seriously, even as a non believer if you really read Revelations it's a terrifying window into a Millenia of Armageddon.

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,551
    Now Children ! Don't be listening to the " Big Bad Wolf " the three little Pigs will be OK.

...............America..............Ukraine...............United Kingdom.............