You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Come and play the Orfy, the biggest little tourney in the West, with added prizes

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,119
edited July 5 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2024 Orfordable League, June Week 4 of 4

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on July 5th 2024

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:June 7th- Winner: weecheez1; League leader: weecheez1

Week 2: June 14th- Winner: unregged player; League leader: weecheez1

Week 3: June 21st- Winner: _burnsy_; League Leader: weecheez1

Week 4: June 28th- Winner: THEHERDEIE; League Winner: weecheez1; Runner-up: THEHERDEIE

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday July 5th 2024
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday July 5th 2024

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday July 5th 2024

Comments

• SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,119
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well.
    Congratulations to last month's winners, @goldnballz, who has been entered into tonight;s 9.30pm £11 BH, and to @MAXALLY, who has had his entry deferred until next week as he is on his his holibops. Good luck to both.
    We start a new, four week, month tonight so both prizes are still to play for, with the added bonus of winning some cash along the way.
    I wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the autoreg list

• SmitalosSmitalos Member Posts: 539
    Hey Sid! Are applications still open for today's June 7th tourney? I'd love to have a go, if possible :) Cheers mate
    Hi @Smitalos, they most definitely are still open, thanks for asking. Welcome to the Orfordable League and good luck.
    I shall add you to the list so that, when I post on Saturgay morning, you willl be able to see your League position and score.
    Andy
  • SmitalosSmitalos Member Posts: 539
    SidV79 said:

Hi @Smitalos... Welcome to the Orfordable League and good luck.
    Andy

Legend, thanks Andy. See you in the tourney, GL!
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 1 is complete. There were just 26 players dipping their toes into the calm waters of the Orfy, 16 of which are Orfy regged, and of those, 5 made it to the FT.
    Making his first FT since May Week 1, @daggers747 takes home the FT wooden spoon after his 10th place last night, leaving him in 5th place overall, well played daggers.
    Our newest recruit @Smitalos made his Orfy League debut last night, finishing in 9th place and now in 4th place overall, well played Smitalos.
    It has been a while since @ILIKE2FISH made a FT, March Week 3 to be precise, so he made up for lost time by taking 4th place last night to take third overall, well played ILIKETOFISH.
    After finishing in 2nd place last week, @THECHIMP almost replicated that feat, but finished one place lower in 3rd last night, and now sits in second place overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    Having not made a FT since April Week 4, @weecheez1 came back with a bang last night to take the win, leaving him sitting proudly atop the League, congratulations and very well played cheez.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week.
    Here is the League table after June Week 1

edited June 14
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well.
    Week 2 (of 4) is upon us already, as it seems like yesterday when I was typing last week's report. As we all know the Euros start today (& Copa America kicking off at 1.00am Thursday night (World Champions Argentina will play Canada to open the tournament)) so, I assume there might be fewer entries than is usual. Not to worry as we shall plod on, regardless of these outside influences, in the quest for a prize at the end of the month. Enough rambling from me I think, so I wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, it is a case of status quo, for the top two at least. at the top.Therfe were 30 starters last night, with 16 being Orfy regged but, only three of those made the FT, our poorest showing "in I don't know how long."
    Sixteenth and last in the :League after Week 1, but now on 9th overall, @THEHERDEIE made his first FT of the month, finishing in 8th place last nighjt, well played Mr Herdeie.
    Also making his first FT this month was last month's League winner, @goldnballz, he was our highest placed finisher last night in 2nd place, which leaves him in 3rd overall, well played Keith.
    @THECHIMP retained his 2nd place overall, even though he could only make 14th place last night, but is most definitely in the hunt for a prize.
    The one and only @weecheez1 retained his overall League lead by making his second consecutive FT, finishing in 9th place last night, well played cheez.
    Thasnk you to everyone who played last night, see you all next week. Here is the updated League table after June Week 2

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. This is Week 3 (of 4) but, it is also the first day of Summer, or the longest day (the shortest night, if that is your particular bent) if you please. Should the current weather persist, then we are for a long, hot Summer, which is eminently better that the weather we have had to endure for the last few years. Enough of this clap-trap, I hear you say so, time to get on with the Orfy. Only one player, @weecheez1, has made two FTs this month and sits at the top of the League, but, he is on a score of 10, which, if recent results can be used as a guide to the scoring, will be beaten over the next two weeks. That is the target for everyone to aim at beating, in order to win a prize. Good luck to everyone who plays tonight, here is the autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk. There were 30 players taking on the Orfy last night, with 14 being Orfy regged, and of those, 6 made the FT.
    Congratulations are in order for a returning @_burnsy_, after being MIA since October Week 1, came back to take the win last night, very well played _burnsy_.
    A first FT of the month for @wynne1938, who took 9th place last night, which leaves him in 13th overall, well played Wynne.
    Taking home the FT wooden spoon, @Boxster finished in 10th place last night and now sits in 7th overall, well played Boxy.
    Our biggest climber of the week is @diamondlee who, after taking down 7th place last night, moved up 10 places into 5th overall, well played Lee.
    @goldnballz remains in 3rd overall, even though he was MIA last night.
    Making his second FT of the month @THECHIMP finished in 6th place last night, strengthening his grip on 2nd place overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    Talking of consolidation, our League Leader, @weecheez1 made his 3rd FT of this month, already claiming one of the prizes, finishing in 2nd place, leaving him on a score of 3 and sitting on top of the League, well played cheez.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see youi all next week.
    Here is the updated League table after June Week 3

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well, and that you have all being enjoying the sunny weather. This is Week 4 (of 4) for June, the last week to make a claim for a prize this month. Our current incumbents at the top of the League, @weecheez1 & @THECHIMP, are on scores of 3 and 9 respectively, but that does not mean they are unbeatable, which they mathematically are. To those playing tonight, I wish each and every one of you, the very best of luck. Here is the autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, June is done and we have our winners. There were just 24 starters last night, 13 of whom are Orfy regged, and, of those, 5 made the FT.
    Making his first FT of the month, @stokefc took 8th place last night, to leave him in 13th overall, well played Sean.
    Also making his first FT of the month, @Toffeeandy took 2nd place last night, which, after an eight place rise, leaves him in 9th overall, well played Andy.
    Taking home the FT Wooden Spoon, @goldnballz made his second FT of the month, but fell one place into 4th overall, well played Keith.
    A second FT of the month was all it took to see @THEHERDEIE in ther Winners' enclosure again, hoisting him into 3rd place overall, with a score of 9, unluckily missing out on a prize due to countback. Nevertheless, congratulations @THEHERDEIE and very well played.
    Only the second player this month to make three FTs, @THECHIMP finished in 9th place last night, which was enough to stave off @THEHERDEIE's charge for 2nd place overall, hanging on to keep his 2nd place on countback, congratulations on your runner-up finish Mr Chimp and well played.
    Although he did not make the FT last night, he has been leading the League all month long, @weecheez1 is the overall League Winner for June, congratulations cheez.
    Both @weecheez1 & @THECHIMP will be entered into next Friday (July 5th) nights; 9.30pm £11 BH, for their endeavours this month.
    Thank you to everyone who has played this month, come back next week where we start all over again. Here is the updated, and final, League Table after June Week 4

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,793
    Bump