You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

GIG REVIEW. Luke Combs. Can't afford his prices, have the next best thing.

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,564
Just got into this guy, takes Country to a new level with hard rock riffs, banging drum fills and a real attitude. Think Garth Brookes meets British heavy rock and you're not far out.

Anyway, getting tickets for his gigs is difficult, like really difficult. His 5 British shows sold out in 30 minutes and his American tour which runs until October has waiting lists with 30,000 names on for each gig, yes he sells out stadiums. Oh yeah and that's despite the small issue of £300 per ticket.

So last night I went to the Crewe Lyceum to see Luke Combs UK. Obviously a tribute act and I went with little expectation, but wow.

A superb show from this Wolverhampton based 5 piece who absolutely smashed all of the hits, The sound, lighting and delivery were top notch and the capacity 677 theatre was treated to 2 hours of great entertainment.

I'm not usually one for tribute acts but in this case I will make an exception.

If you like your country music all Stetsons, Cowboy Boots and Line Dancing maybe this isn't for you. That isn't to say that there aren't any typical country style songs but it's definitely more Angus Young than Kenny Rogers.

£30 a ticket as well so not exactly expensive. Will absolutely be going to another show of theirs.