You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Ronaldo

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 168,013
edited July 2 in Sports & Betting Chat
He missed a crucial pen last night - it was a good pen but a tremendous save - after which he burst into tears, & was literally sobbing.

Is this a good thing, or a bad thing. Do you think more of him after that, or less?

Is it good to care so much, or is he just a big baby with a punctured ego?

Comments

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,777
    ‘Misstiano Penaldo’ – BBC Sport slammed for seemingly mocking Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Portugal captain was denied from 12 yards by Jan Oblak, leading to the broadcaster punning, which has provoked mixed reactions online.

BBC Sport have typically used impressive puns to describe events but the broadcaster has faced backlash after Cristiano Ronaldo’s extra-time penalty miss against Slovenia.

The Portugal captain had a chance to put his side ahead in extra time, only to be thwarted by Jan Oblak.

The legendary forward was in tears afterwards, struggling to contain his emotions and had to be consoled by teammates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STUpla8Py8Q
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,448
    Tikay10 said:

He missed a crucial pen last night - it was a good pen but a tremendous save - after which he burst into tears, & was literally sobbing.

Is this a good thing, or a bad thing. Do you think more of him after that, or less?

Is it good to care so much, or is he just a big baby with a punctured ego?

Indeed, he's just a big baby with a punctured ego.
    Just read something on social mdia about him not wanting to spoil his son and wanting to teach him the value of money etc etc so he cut his allowance from $40,000 to $15,000 A WEEK, yes, that will definitely teach him.
    For balance, whilst googling to try and find the source of that, I also saw that he lost another baby son (one of twins) who died shortly after birth, I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,611
    I am not a Ronaldo fan. However, I would not join in with those who took pleasure in his agony. Was I glad Oblak saved it, absolutely. Did I permit myself a Haha, heck yes. But I took no joy from his obvious desolation at the thought of maybe costing his Country.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,576
    For me Ronaldo almost certainly has NPD - Narcissistic Personality Disorder or something within that family or disorders.

Throughout his whole life he never shown even the slightest glint of empathy for others. Ever. The only possibility you can find are the self martyrdom type philanthropic deeds he does which is a very strong NPD trait anyway. He demonstrates the most monstrously selfish attitude over and over again.

People seem more than happy to forgive him time and time again, tho, based on his ability to kick a football. It's a strange world.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,787
    Meh , i just don't care about him to even think about him
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,876
    Ive always liked what he does, but crying antics, kicking off and moaning at the ref puts him in the same category of moaners at the poker table, embarrassing behaviour.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,611
    stokefc said:

Meh , i just don't care about him to even think about him

@stokefc

That's a shame mate rumour is that Super Johns persuaded him to sign for 2 seasons. :D
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,299
    @Tikay10

(Thin brag)
    I chatted with Jeff Stelling and Gabby Adbonglahor about this - this morning on Talksport. It was first time i,d called in and actually got through in about 2 mins

I posted the youtube on discord

• Williams12Williams12 Member Posts: 175
    In a way it's good cos he cares so it helps him to do well in the long run
  • JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 376
    Still scoring goals and do Portugal look good at the moment!

Another win tonight at a small guess B)
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,382
    Hope he's greetin when he walks off the park the night.