You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Just some thoughts.

The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
I'm posting this becasue in truth Sky is by far my most prefered place to play some cards, I remember it wasnt that long ago this site was buzzing. I don't get that feel much now. And want to offer some of the things I've noticed to hopefully help take it back in that direction. Hope these are constructive and genuinely because I care.

Firstly I'll discuss the mtt schedule, and ill be focusing this on a lower stake budget.

Firstly theres alot of improvement in the schedule since I last brought this up. the 6.30 and 7.30 are welcome additions. I maybe shouldn't question this but why is the 7.30 50% more starting than all the other bounty hunters, Its fine and nice for a change I'm honestly curious.

Back in the day I remember a 9.30pm, 10.30pm and 11.30pm £5.50 bounty hunter, beyond the mini I personally stop registering. For my kind of budget theres the £5 freezeout at 9, a £2 deep stack which imo at 9.15 isnt that appealing and the 9.45 bounty hunter. Looking at schedule I am spotting a 10.15pm bounty hunter at £5.50 although I have consistently managed to miss this in the schedule. Sticking that at 10.30 with 1 at 9.30 and 11.30 and I'm way more likely to keep registering beyond that 8.30pm mini. Suggestion also that on a Sunday we get a 5.50 bounty hunter at 8.45 from memory, on the nights when the mini is a different structure could this maybe pop its head up? Not something I play but maybe an extra couple of tournaments similar to the nightly micro buy in might be good for those on smaller budgets too. And last suggestion for later on what about a 5@5. I know this would play in line with the later night turbos, but I think it could be a good opening to the evening schedule.

Onto day time, and I think the £5.50 mtts every half past the hour is great, its been a staple of the sky for as long as I can remember. I hope these continue to get shown the love they do and deservedly get. To compliment these we have the 9.45 and 10.45am £3.30s, 2 £11 entrys at 2pm, 3pm(is this new?) and 4pm, A couple of turbo variants at 12.45, 1.45, 2.15 and a deepstack also at 2.15. Ive deliverately missed the timed, rebuys and freerolls. But I'd suggest having more of the £3.30 ones, they seem well liked and at least looking at todays 2, get reasonable numbers. 11.30-1.30 in particular, if ive bust that 11.30 early, theres nothing ill register to 12.30, and then again till 1.30. Theres a good chance if i bust one of these early sky could get shut down for the day, and id be off to play elsewhere or do something else. And thats assuming I'm happy to keep shot taking the occassional £11 entry in the afternoon.

I fully understand theres a balance between how many players and having too many options, but essentially what I'm saying is I want to give you my rake please let me.

Onto cash, I used to play cash here regular. But theres one thing that prevents me doing so now... rake. I've flagged loads about the rake over the years. But I want to make 2 compares. NL4 and NL10 on sky have 7.5% rake, capped at £1.40 if more than one player in the pot. It only takes a £19 (if my math is correct) pot to trigger this, which over the years I've done several times at nl4 and obviously extremely easy to at NL10. Worse still is split pots are raked at that percentage. This is awful for a winning player whos margins are smaller and would likely move up much much faster in turn paying more rake if it was less, and just as bad for casual players who lose their money faster. To compare to the current site I use for cash, they charge 2% rake with a cap of 50p at NL4 and 3.5% with £1 cap at NL10. Both sites in this instance are 6 max so its a direct compare. Again if we compare to Skys sister site Pokerstars, Everything below NL10 is 5% with a $1 cap. With again 6 max on offer. I know sky has a reasonable rake back programme, but it doesn't make up for such a difference in rake cap and percentage. As when double points and rake races happen, cash tables are honestly awful to play on, for all involved. Fun to have that promo occassionally so don't take that the wrong way, but thats my opinion.

The last thing I'll mention, and I know this is a much much bigger ask. The software. I actually like it. But its in need of TLC. adjustable bet sizing options, please remove the decimals in tournaments. Just give the extra 1 chip or whatever to the out of position player like every other site does. And really I know this is unlikely but we need to come away from flash. If i upgrade my pc, or im a new player and I have to come onto the forum find a pinned but fairly hidden thread to get some software off a third party then I think thats alot of work for little gain. Especially for new players who might not see the forum, know where to look etc.

in terms of the mobile app i use this a fair bit on my phone. Its better on tablet I just lost mine and I dont want to buy a new one. But again adjustable bet sizing is a must here, I've min bet several times trying to click the button to type in a bet, or i click it have to rush type in 15 seconds with my keyboard now hiding the pot size. Honestly id rather bigger buttons than a bigger table. Plus and minus buttons either side of the slider like we get on desktop version too please. Honestly try betting 2bb on the mobile app post flop and the pot is any better than 4bb and i wish you luck.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk

Comments

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,578
    edited July 12
    Turns out the biggest problem is customer retention so looking for ideas that help with that is the status quo.
  • GOODWANGOODWAN Member Posts: 4
    Perhaps customer retention is down to NOT trusting the deals !
    Too many hands won on river, especially when seemingly having no chance to win
    Too many garbage cards to the same player.
    Too many good cards dealt to a same player.
    It seems very much more than luck, more like organised dealing.
    Maybe that is causing the loss of players
  • tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,676
    GOODWAN said:

Perhaps customer retention is down to NOT trusting the deals !
    Too many hands won on river, especially when seemingly having no chance to win
    Too many garbage cards to the same player.
    Too many good cards dealt to a same player.
    It seems very much more than luck, more like organised dealing.
    Maybe that is causing the loss of players

In my experience if you are in the right seat you have a chance of winning. If not you have very little chance and you will get beat on the river most times.

Not the dealing, as nobody could possibly police all of the hands all of the time. Software dictates the hands and the card draws in an arbitrary manner.

On a bad run it does feel as though everything is against you. On a good run you are less likely to care.

If you don’t believe a word I say and find a better way of winning please let me know as I haven’t managed to find a good seat at any table for a while now.

Good luck
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,388
    Wherever you play you needs lots of luck and some good cards.