You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Trading halted as account frozen

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,622
Yup 2 weeks to the big kick off and my account has been suspended. Not gubbed or restricted just suspended as my identity and other things require verification.

Very nice after having an account for 10 years and only using the exchange and paying the commission. What could possibly have caused this on an account with a £170 balance ??

Probably telling the agent (Shareen) in the help chat that she was about as useful as screen doors on a submarine and rating the level of service at 0. Harsh but true, she was useless, abject, a waste of oxygen.

I'd just forget it and use another exchange instead but I need to activate the account to withdraw the balance so looks like I'm hoop jumping for the foreseeable. I'm fully expecting affordability checks, requests for bank statements and a prostate exam before I get to trade again.

Meh!

Comments

• JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 376
    The law is a ****! :neutral:

Those in charge of monitoring and safeguarding could actually talk to the customer would be more useful then talking to Shareen who would know as much about submarines as she does about the exchange :p
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,800
    I think it's standard practice now due to money laundering and stuff although Sky Poker have never asked me for photo ID
    I wanted to withdraw $65 from Stars a few years ago but wouldn't let me , i asked why , they said they needed proof of identity , i said to them , you are quite happy for me to deposit and deposit more with no proof of ID but now you want proof now for a measly 65 dollars , it's protocol they said
    I nearly told them to shove it because it were the 1st time i've been asked to do this and i wasn't very trustworthy of sending personal through e-mail , still arn't .
    Thought f**k it , it's Stars , it's got to be safe so i sent them proof .
    Anyway , i needed the money to play on here because i was busto again :(
  • JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 376
    stokefc said:

I think it's standard practice now due to money laundering and stuff although Sky Poker have never asked me for photo ID

Expect a KYC check next week :#