You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Four Rules Of The Poker Kings

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,671
This documentary debuts on BBC Scotland tonight at 9pm.

John Hannah narrates a documentary following Scottish professional poker players Niall Farrell and David Docherty as they try to win big at tournaments in Prague, Monte Carlo, Dublin and Las Vegas. Niall has earned a fortune from the game but is on the comeback trail after taking a few years off to spend time with his partner Edita and new son Ruairi, while David still lives with his mum and dad in Coatbridge, but is hoping to become a global star.

https://x.com/gregoryclark1/status/1822771068727066906

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,702

Good spot, thanks @lucy4
  • JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 357
    Looking forward to this for a while, know DD a little and he has risen to the top ranks after repeated success after this doc was over funnily enough!

Mr Farrell is one of the biggest characters in the game, could quite easily be Irish and quite the player! B)
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,355
    Think he is from wrong side of the town.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,479
    David Docherty. That brought back a memory.

Sharing a table at the WSOP Main. Years ago. Seemed a very good player-but he was seated to my Right, which I suspect made life rather easier for me.

Think it was Day 3 or 4. And there are a couple of Railbirds. 1 supporting me, and some geezer called Neil Channing railing Mr Docherty. I didn't know Neil back then, but he did know my friend quite well.

There's a big hand going off between the 2 of us. Mr Docherty is putting the pressure on. And you can practically see the fear and trepidation oozing out of me.

Then I overhear Neil saying to my friend words to the effect that I was looking like I was in a spot of bother. And I heard my friend replying that when I looked like I was in that much trouble, I probably had quads.

And I did ;)

Happy days.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 34,726
    Tough way to make a living.