You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Nuclear pools

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,957
So with Ukraine now moving into/taking Russian land some people may now logically be fearing nuclear war.
I for one think that this is a realistic possibility but may or may not happen.

Of course some people remain adament that it will happen and some people get real pride in knowing that they were right and everyone else was wrong. Now I think actually taking bets on when if at all Nuclear war will occur or the first nuke will go off is not practical.

The simple reason being that if no nukes go off in our lifetime sure depending on time limits the guy who had that in the bets can collect but if I someone who predicts full scale nuclear war is proven right they cant exactly collect can they because currency wont be a thing anymore and communications would be an issue and also people may be dead.

So monetary bets wont make sense here but then there is pride in knowing you were right and everyone else was wrong so with that in mind I guess we just predict when if ever the first nuke will drop and how far nuclear war will go.

Think of it just as the pride I told you so nuclear pools bets I guess.

Now I dont think Nuclear war will happen before January 2025 simply because Putin would want to see if Trump gets in and wait for that for America to pull out of Nato first. Like if he dropped a nuke now its war with all of Nato including the US. if he drops a nuke sometime in 2025 USA may not be involved it makes sense to wait.

I think sadly it is likely Trump will win the US election and pull the USA out of NATO then Russia will go on a vengence run, but I think it will take time for Trump to pull the USA out of NATO so I am predicting June 2025-June 2026 as the period when The nukes start going off unless somehow Kamilla Haris does win in which case I will reasses then as that changes things quite a bit.

Comments

• DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,957
    So apparently Russia have threatened to Nuke us again but then they do that every day so not sure that counts for much I would post a link to that article but no point because you can find a relevant article saying Russia threatened to nuke us most likely at any date in the future within the last few days of that date.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,790
    A quick google search finds 16 threats this year.

21.06.2024 Putin Threatens Nuclear Response if West Bolsters Ukraine Support
    20.06.2024 Russia considering changes to nuclear doctrine, Putin claims
    06.06.2024 Putin warns he could provide weapons to attack the West and issues new nuclear threat
    12.05.2024 Putin Ally Threatens NATO Countries With ’Special Ammunition’
    10.05.2024 Belarus dictator Lukashenko admits he is ’bonkers’ and has no ’red lines’ as he threatens the West with nukes and warns ’we are closer than ever to nuclear catastrophe’
    10.05.2024 Putin hires hardline professor who suggested nuking Europe to ’test NATO’s resolve’ for Kremlin role ’deterring the West’
    09.05.2024 Putin Renews Nuclear Threats Against West at Military Parade
    06.05.2024 Russia announces nuclear weapon drills after angry exchange with Western officials
    06.05.2024 Medvedev warns of nuclear attacks on European capitals in case of sending troops to Ukraine
    17.04.2024 Ukraine May Have Just Crossed Putin’s Nuclear Red Line
    14.03.2024 Putin warns the West: Russia is ready for nuclear war
    29.02.2024 Putin threatens NATO with nuclear strike if it sends troops to Ukraine
    28.02.2024 Russia prepared for nuclear attack on China, leaked papers reveal
    18.02.2024 Russia’s Medvedev threatens to nuke US, UK, Germany, Ukraine
    17.01.2024 Russia-US relations 'teetering on brink of abyss,' ambassador to US says
    11.01.2024 Medvedev warns of nuclear response if Ukraine hits missile launch sites