You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

08/10/2024 SUMMIT PART 2 (FINAL TABLE FEATURING F_IVANOVIC)

Comments

• F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,407
    Thanks for these videos, enjoyed watching them back even though I should be geting some sleep! On the jamming 18bb and me not liking it I guess I should have specified that it's specifically when I'm one of the shorter stacks. When you're a big stack and can apply that ICM pressure it's different bc the other big stacks do have to be super tight. And if you want to open a lot then yeah it makes sense to jam some of them hands that do fine in a flip but don't want to have to call it off.

Can't actually remember what i had vs chickgeorge on the 2nd 40bb jam, i know i had AJ on an earlier one. Nice call by roddy with the 8 hi flush. I know it's super unlikely they have Ks and I can have some. Q9 felt like a good one to bluff with a x/r bc it has some v small SD value but not a good one to bluff catch. If I had a weaker hand I'd just lead with a bluff.
  • chkngeorgechkngeorge Member Posts: 74
    @F_Ivanovic im not sure on time of hand but the hand where I opened and style was extremely short and roddy had less than ten bbs and you shoved was brutal for me lol. I made a pretty huge fold. I think you probs have to shove mega wide there like all sorts of suited hands down to like 103s etc. but you done it pretty fast. Still kept me awake that night tho
    In hindsight I probably should have limped or committed to raise calling but hard to judge as only started playing these higher buyins so don’t have a lot of info on players such as yourself.
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,167

@F_Ivanovic im not sure on time of hand but the hand where I opened and style was extremely short and roddy had less than ten bbs and you shoved was brutal for me lol. I made a pretty huge fold. I think you probs have to shove mega wide there like all sorts of suited hands down to like 103s etc. but you done it pretty fast. Still kept me awake that night tho

Hi @chkngeorge I responded to this on the PART 3 thread as it happened on that video.

VWP BTW!
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,407

In hindsight I probably should have limped or committed to raise calling but hard to judge as only started playing these higher buyins so don’t have a lot of info on players such as yourself.

I went and checked and I had AJ so guessing you were prob in good shape/flipping at least? 99/TT/AQ? I agree I should be shoving pretty wide but I'm not sure I was going to shove as wide as T3s. That feels a little too far given how tight you have to be to open and the fact you had a stack that could hurt me (and put you in a great position to win) if you did call. But I'm still far from an MTT expert and maybe I should have been shoving that wide! I guess a lot depends on how tight I percieve you to open there.

Brutal spot for you to go out to me in that cooler, GG!
  • JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 376
    Keep them coming @StayOrGo B)

Will watch when I have a spare few hours

I went and checked and I had AJ so guessing you were prob in good shape/flipping at least? 99/TT/AQ? I agree I should be shoving pretty wide but I'm not sure I was going to shove as wide as T3s. That feels a little too far given how tight you have to be to open and the fact you had a stack that could hurt me (and put you in a great position to win) if you did call. But I'm still far from an MTT expert and maybe I should have been shoving that wide! I guess a lot depends on how tight I percieve you to open there.

Brutal spot for you to go out to me in that cooler, GG!
    I had aqs. yeah im not entirely sure on correct resteal range as you're right im deff suppose to not go crazy with opens here. I've seen some sims before that have chippy going crazy vs second in chips especially with shorties and I think a lot of suited one card broadway hands are preferred. But as you said with sky being top heavy for pkos, it might loosen openers calling range, therefore tightening chippy resteals.

Good job on the win! Was indeed a tough ft.