You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

08/10/2024 SUMMIT - PART 3 (FINAL TABLE FEATURING F_IVANOVIC)

Comments

• StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,167
    edited October 10
    Hi @chkngeorge and @F_Ivanovic

VWP both.

Chicken, I think the hand you were referring to in the PART 2 thread actually occurred in this one, at 9.50 in.

You said you made a big fold here, I suggested in the video that you'd probably have to fold AQ and 99.

What did you have?

Question for everyone, what hand does @chkngeorge have to have to call @F_Ivanovic 's re-shove following chicken's min raise open, with @Style and @roddy28 really short?
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,167
    edited October 10
    So where does your vote lie? Final table, 6 were paid, standard SKY BH payout structure

At 9mins 50secs in: @chkngeorge min raise opens and @F_Ivanovic JAM's

What hand does @chkngeorge have to have to call?

A - AK, TT+
    B - AQ+, 99+
    C - AJ+, 77+ or 88+
    D - Tighter than AK, TT
    E - Wider than AJ, 77
    F - Something else (ie more of a differential between Ax hands and pocket pairs)

P.S. If anyone knows how to do a poll on the above, that'd be great.

P.P.S. Just as a side, does suitedness matter? ie, should option A include AQs, option B include AJs and option C, ATs?
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,407
    StayOrGo said:

I think for me I'm probably folding AQo but calling AQs. And I think I'm calling 99 too, so I guess I'd say B. I just think in this structure with the payout still v top heavy despite the ICM you still need to be willing to take some risks to go for the win and 99 could be crushing 55-88 or strong fave vs A4-A8s to make up for the times it's flipping.
  • JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 376
    StayOrGo said:

So where does your vote lie? Final table, 6 were paid, standard SKY BH payout structure

A - AK, TT+
    B - AQ+, 99+
    C - AJ+, 77+ or 88+
    D - Tighter than AK, TT
    E - Wider than AJ, 77
    F - Something else (ie more of a differential between Ax hands and pocket pairs)

P.S. If anyone knows how to do a poll on the above, that'd be great.

P.P.S. Just as a side, does suitedness matter? ie, should option A include AQs, option B include AJs and option C, ATs?

Tighter then A I believe at first glance, it could be as tight as AA and KK only (QQ is ruled out by all the Ax and Kx that Mr I can reshove freely), can find out for you if you like and report the results
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,407
    JammyFker said:

Tighter then A I believe at first glance, it could be as tight as AA and KK only (QQ is ruled out by all the Ax and Kx that Mr I can reshove freely), can find out for you if you like and report the results

Would be interesting to know. I'm really far from being great at ICM, it's def something I need to learn better! My instinct was I couldn't go too crazy (ie. shoving stuff like 94s) bc chickn has a stack that would really hurt me if I lost and that hand would be in pretty bad awful shape vs a call. And that he has some incentive to call bc even tho he risks a lot, a win would put him in fantastic shape to take down the tourney (which is valuable with how top heavy it is)

Given I don't think I can go that crazy (but sitll pretty wide) it follows that he does have to be pretty tight with calls, but AQs+ and 99 seemed like the line to me still. 99 can be in great shape vs a lot of weaker Ax and Kx hands and smaller pairs even tho it is flipping sometimes.

All this being said, I also think his min open should be somewhat polarized to hands that are happy to fold to a jam vs hands OK with stacking off. So if you min open 99 it's purpose *should* also be as an induce. Otherwise it's better to jam pre.