You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

$55 HOT PKO FT. What do you do here?

StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,167
edited October 12 in Poker Chat
Hi guys. Was in a spot here.

FT $55 HOT PKO (I am GARYTHEROCK facing an 18BB shove from UTG villain - 5 handed) $90 ($180 total) bounty on villain, standard STARS BH Pay Out structure. (Assume villain GTO)

Comments

• StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,167
    Payouts:

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,602
    Tricky spot indeed.

For me, without clear proof the villain is looser than Jordan, that is a reluctant fold. 2 reasons-firstly, AJ is not that strong a hand. And secondly you have a player behind you.

If you had AQo there I think I call. And if you were in the Big Blind with AJo I have no idea (suspect I call 50% of the time) ;)
    Essexphil said:

Tricky spot indeed.

For me, without clear proof the villain is looser than Jordan, that is a reluctant fold. 2 reasons-firstly, AJ is not that strong a hand. And secondly you have a player behind you.

If you had AQo there I think I call. And if you were in the Big Blind with AJo I have no idea (suspect I call 50% of the time) ;)

Thanks for the feedback @Essexphil , I will see if others respond before I comment further.
  • ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 214
    If you dont believe u have an edge on the remaining players its a good call as ur most likely flipping to put yourself in a good position to win, which would also make calling with aj or aq pretty much the same.
    edited October 13
    Arrogant said:

If you dont believe u have an edge on the remaining players its a good call as ur most likely flipping to put yourself in a good position to win, which would also make calling with aj or aq pretty much the same.

Thanks for the reply @Arrogant . Agree I would be flipping a lot, as probably does that with 55-TT, but may also do the same with, A9s+, AJo+, in which case big difference between, AJ and AQ, but I take your point.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,793
    I'd fold , you have the most chips if you lose you're crippled i'd be looking for a better spot with your chips but this is coming from someone who is not that good at poker
    Love looking at these and learning from the best
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,388
    Ma 2 bobs worth is fold, you have nearly 30 b/b, loads of time for better opportunities.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,458
    Without any reads on villain I probably fold AJ, you're chip leading and don't need to risk falling to short stack on what may well be a race, or you're dominated.

I had a similar situation recently on Sky, I have 9 BB in the small blind and short stack (with quite a big bounty) shoves his 4 bb, I have KQ suited but I'm covered by the big blind, how would you play this one, fold or shove (surely can't call?)?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    EnutSmall blind600.00600.0010165.00
    Sloppy33Big blind1200.001800.0016530.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • K
    BUNDISAll-in5805.007605.000.00
    TRAXFold
    flicks30Fold
    TombombFold
    EnutAll-in10165.0017770.000.00
    Sloppy33All-in16530.0034300.000.00
    Sloppy33Unmatched bet6965.0027335.006965.00
    EnutShow
    • Q
    • K
    Sloppy33Show
    • A
    • Q
    BUNDISShow
    • J
    • K
    Flop
    Turn
    • Q
    River
    Sloppy33WinTwo Pairs, Queens and 3s27335.0034300.00
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 2,017
    Enut said:

Without any reads on villain I probably fold AJ, you're chip leading and don't need to risk falling to short stack on what may well be a race, or you're dominated.

I had a similar situation recently on Sky, I have 9 BB in the small blind and short stack (with quite a big bounty) shoves his 4 bb, I have KQ suited but I'm covered by the big blind, how would you play this one, fold or shove (surely can't call?)?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    EnutSmall blind600.00600.0010165.00
    Sloppy33Big blind1200.001800.0016530.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • K
    BUNDISAll-in5805.007605.000.00
    TRAXFold
    flicks30Fold
    TombombFold
    EnutAll-in10165.0017770.000.00
    Sloppy33All-in16530.0034300.000.00
    Sloppy33Unmatched bet6965.0027335.006965.00
    EnutShow
    • Q
    • K
    Sloppy33Show
    • A
    • Q
    BUNDISShow
    • J
    • K
    Flop
    Turn
    • Q
    River
    Sloppy33WinTwo Pairs, Queens and 3s27335.0034300.00
    On first instinct I say shove all in but your still missing a lot of information. Eg what are the prize payouts and the other stack sizes on the table and the stage of the tournement eg how many players left. Eg if the other players are uber short stacked like a blind or two with big jumps in payout.In most spots I shove over there could be exceptions though. you just got unlucky he had a hand to call you with it happens.
    edited October 13
    Good point @Doubleme, From memory it's final table of a small £5 MTT, so in the money already and standard Sky payouts, so we're not talking about a fortune. Other 3 players folded before it got to me to act. I think I was second in chips, although there wasn't a lot in it, chip leader obviously in BB.
  • ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 214
    A better answer to that question would be, whats the worst hand you would shove if you were bundis with his stack and then u build a range of what beats that range for you to call here.
    Arrogant said:

A better answer to that question would be, whats the worst hand you would shove if you were bundis with his stack and then u build a range of what beats that range for you to call here.

Bundis was definitely the shortest stack on the FT and in the BB next hand (for 1/5th of his stack) so I would expect his range to be pretty wide here, he also had a big bounty compared to the next couple of pay jumps, I thought my range was ahead of his, hence the shove and in fact I have him dominated, obviously Sloppy spoils the party by having me dominated too.
  • MohicanMohican Member Posts: 1,435
    edited October 13
    Enut said:

Arrogant said:

Bundis was definitely the shortest stack on the FT and in the BB next hand (for 1/5th of his stack) so I would expect his range to be pretty wide here, he also had a big bounty compared to the next couple of pay jumps, I thought my range was ahead of his, hence the shove and in fact I have him dominated, obviously Sloppy spoils the party by having me dominated too.
    A fold or a shove is fine here. Personally I'm shoving AI with suited KQ cos hopefully Sloppy folds and I have a chance at a bounty and secondly I'll still have chips if I lose. just unlucky that Sloppy has a hand and he's gonna need to be further up his hand ranges to call.In short, great spot for a reshove, unlucky to be behind to Sloppy.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 168,320

Loving these "hand" discussions & the contributions.

More please, & well done all.
    Hi @Enut , re your hand, I think the JAM with KQs is fine, especially with big bounty on the short stack, just UL that the BB woke up with a hand.
    rabdeniro said:

Ma 2 bobs worth is fold, you have nearly 30 b/b, loads of time for better opportunities.

Thanks @rabdeniro and @stokefc, I did fold in the end, not sure it was right. @thisltedu sent me some ICM'icer data on it, so will look at that too.
  • JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 376
    @StayOrGo Think its a sigh fold for me at first glance on just numbers without gameflow details etc, we want to continue to cover everyone and will likely get a much healthier opportunity