You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Introducing "THE LEAGUE".

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat

Starting today, Thursday April 1st, the Thursday Night Main Events will all form part of "THE LEAGUE". (NOT to be confused with the normal "Poker League", which will continue, see below).

In April, THE LEAGUE will run for 4 Thursdays - April 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd.

The winners of the first 3 THE LEAGUE games, on April 1st, 8th, & 15th, will each be given free entry into the £220 "SKy Sports Double Stack" on April 22nd.

Also......

The TOP 150 players from each discipline - MTT, STT & Cash - in the normal Poker League, will be automatically entered into a Monthly Freeroll. The "last ten standing" players in this Monthly Freeroll will each win a seat into the £220 Sky Sports Double Stack on April 22nd.

The first monthly Freeroll will be on Sunday 11th April, & will incorporate the top 450 (150 from each discipline) from the March Poker League.

The first £220 entry, £8,000 Guaranteed Sky Sports Double Stack will be on Thursday Aprl 22nd, & NOT Thursday April 29th as was indicated yesterday. You can buy-in direct, or qualify via Satellites, but it will be capped at an overall total of FIFTY PLAYERS.

The Thursday night Schedule - the Tourneys vary from week to week - will follow, in the next Post.

Comments

• Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Introducing "THE LEAGUE".:
    Starting today, Thursday April 1st, the Thursday Night Main Events will all form part of "THE LEAGUE". (NOT to be confused with the normal "Poker League", which will continue, see below). In April, THE LEAGUE will run for 4 Thursdays - April 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd. The winners of the first 3 THE LEAGUE games, on April 1st, 8th, & 15th, will each be given free entry into the £220 "SKy Sports Double Stack" on April 22nd. Also...... The TOP 150 players from each discipline - MTT, STT & Cash - in the normal Poker League, will be automatically entered into a Monthly Freeroll. The "last ten standing" players in this Monthly Freeroll will each win a seat into the £220 Sky Sports Double Stack on April 22nd. The first monthly Freeroll will be on Sunday 11th April, & will incorporate the top 450 (150 from each discipline) from the March Poker League. The first £220 entry, £8,000 Guaranteed Sky Sports Double Stack will be on Thursday Aprl 22nd, & NOT Thursday April 29th as was indicated yesterday. You can buy-in direct, or qualify via Satellites, but it will be capped at an overall total of FIFTY PLAYERS. The Thursday night Schedule - the Tourneys vary from week to week - will follow, in the next Post.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Late night boss?

Sounds like a good plan to me :o) Now get some sleep!!!

x

• Options
    edited April 2010

The Schedule for THE LEAGUE in April is as follows.

Thursday April 1st.

£22 to enter £12,000 Guaranteed "Sky Sports Bounty Hunter". Satellites are running, some Freerolls into it too, or direct buy-in.

Thursday April 8th.

£11 to enter, £5,000 Guaranteed "Sky Sports NLH". Entry as above.

Thursday April 15th.

£55 to enter "Sky Sports Bounty Hunter", £5,000 Guaranteed. Entry as above, with Satellites running 2 weeks in advance.

Thursday April 22nd.

£220 to enter "Sky Sports Double Stack", £8,000 Guaranteed, 5,000 chips, and 12 minute Blinds.

Entry to this will be by.....

Satellites over the previous 28 days. (Details to follow).

The 10 of the top "Poker League" Players from their Monthly Freeroll (see first post).

The three winners of the Thursday night "ThE LEAGUE" Tourneys on April 1st, 8th & 15th.

Direct buy-ins.

Please note, that in a FIVE WEEK MONTH, on Week Three of the five weeks there will be an £11 Double Stack Tournament with 10 minute Blinds, in addition to the schedule outlined above. 

The "old" £22 Bounty Hunter WILL still run, on a reduced Guarantee as appropriate, but in future, it will ron on a non-televised evening.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Satellite Schedule for the £220 Sky Sports Double Stack.

Weekly £48 Semi-Final on a Wednesday into the Event, 1 player in 5 wins a seat.

Daily £10.50 Quarter-Final at 9.30pm, 1 player in 5 wins a seat into the Semi-Final.

Daily £2.20 Satellites into the Quarter-Final, 1 player in 5 wins a seat into the daily Quarter-Final.

There will be a variety of satellites on the day of the event. 
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Introducing "THE LEAGUE".:
    In Response to Introducing "THE LEAGUE". : Late night boss? Sounds like a good plan to me :o) Now get some sleep!!! x
    Posted by TRIP5
    Bless you, & thank you. Yes, it's been "a bit of a day" today, with one thing & another, but I'm about done now, & I'll sleep sound. I hope you do, too.

xx
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited April 2010
    Oooooh, that looks very "complicated".
    Good night.
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited April 2010
    i was right, posted on the other thread it was going to be a freeroll, im gutted i havent played the last monht due to uni commitments, and wont be able to play for another week, so might miss out on the skysports ds argh, nevermind im confident it will get 50 runners and run the following month anyway. good ideas and looks like sky are getting some good stuff going keep it up.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oooooh, that looks very "complicated". Good night.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Yes - it took a bit of explaining.

James Hartigan & myself do the first Show tonight, and I needed to know the ins & outs before that, so reading the brief, & then translating it into normal-speak on here, was the best way for me to get a proper handle on it.

I now understand it. I think.
  • Options
    TheDartTheDart Member Posts: 1,581
    edited April 2010
    Sounds good to me, on all fronts.

A tournament for the serious players on here

A tournament that offers reward to the loyal players on here, who have the chance to gain entry through the leagues.

and finally thanks to the various satellites, a tournament for all players on here with ambition and aspirations to mix it with the 'big boys'!

I am sure this will be a success, well done Sky people!

• Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited April 2010
    Sounds good to me, on all fronts. A tournament for the serious players on here A tournament that offers reward to the loyal players on here, who have the chance to gain entry through the leagues. and finally thanks to the various satellites, a tournament for all players on here with ambition and aspirations to mix it with the 'big boys'! I am sure this will be a success, well done Sky people!
    Posted by TheDart
    +1
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited April 2010
    The only problem that i can see with this is, I play darts on thursdays, so cant make thursdays, are you listening? In future make it a day that doesn't start with th_ _ _ _ _ _, its not difficult, there are six other days to choose from, i mean what are the odds of this comp running on a thursday every week for a month, and not on any other day? Just in case you dont understand what im trying to say - JUST SAY NO TO THURSDAYS, GET IT!! 
    RANT OVER, GOOD LUCK ALL, IM SURE IT WILL BE EASIER TO WIN NOW IM NOT PLAYING ON AMATEUR NIGHT LOL.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    edited April 2010
    The only problem that i can see with this is, I play darts on thursdays, so cant make thursdays, are you listening? In future make it a day that doesn't start with th_ _ _ _ _ _, its not difficult, there are six other days to choose from, i mean what are the odds of this comp running on a thursday every week for a month, and not on any other day? Just in case you dont understand what im trying to say - JUST SAY NO TO THURSDAYS, GET IT!!   RANT OVER, GOOD LUCK ALL, IM SURE IT WILL BE EASIER TO WIN NOW IM NOT PLAYING ON AMATEUR NIGHT LOL.
    Posted by loonytoons
    +1.

Seems a good concept but just on the wrong night for me too!!!!! There are other sports like darts, pool, cribbage etc etc etc........
  • Options
    BananaDogBananaDog Member Posts: 1,390
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Introducing "THE LEAGUE".:
    Starting today, Thursday April 1st, the Thursday Night Main Events will all form part of "THE LEAGUE". (NOT to be confused with the normal "Poker League", which will continue, see below). In April, THE LEAGUE will run for 4 Thursdays - April 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd. The winners of the first 3 THE LEAGUE games, on April 1st, 8th, & 15th, will each be given free entry into the £220 "SKy Sports Double Stack" on April 22nd. Also...... The TOP 150 players from each discipline - MTT, STT & Cash - in the normal Poker League, will be automatically entered into a Monthly Freeroll. The "last ten standing" players in this Monthly Freeroll will each win a seat into the £220 Sky Sports Double Stack on April 22nd. The first monthly Freeroll will be on Sunday 11th April, & will incorporate the top 450 (150 from each discipline) from the March Poker League. The first £220 entry, £8,000 Guaranteed Sky Sports Double Stack will be on Thursday Aprl 22nd, & NOT Thursday April 29th as was indicated yesterday. You can buy-in direct, or qualify via Satellites, but it will be capped at an overall total of FIFTY PLAYERS. The Thursday night Schedule - the Tourneys vary from week to week - will follow, in the next Post.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ouch, my brain hurts....
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited April 2010
    is this the most complex april fools trick ever??
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Yes, it WAS a bit complex to Post. Note the time I posted it, too.......

We will try & turn into into easy-speak during tonight's Show, too.
  • Options
    BubbleFishBubbleFish Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2010
    Having Battled so had through two sats, winning my seat last night into the £8k, wot happens when I win the £12K BH tonight TK ??

lol

carry on the good work sky, how about a OMAHA Bounty Hunter ???

Tim
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited April 2010
    will this be the case every month tikay? with the 15 seats being given away?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    will this be the case every month tikay? with the 15 seats being given away?
    Posted by hurst05
    I don't know for sure Hursty, but so far as I know, it will run for "the foreseeable future", so yes, as long as it runs, they will give away "about" 15 seats per month to the monthly £220 Biggie.

The number of Seats given away each month will vary slightly, depending whether it's a 4 week month or a 5 week month, of course, as the winner of the Thursday night Tourney each week gets a Seat, & you never know, there may - or may not - be other giveaways.

What I don't see changing is the 10 Seats given every month to the last ten standing in the League Freeroll - I think they will get those 10 seats for as long as the idea lasts. The League Freeroll being exclusive, as described in earlier Posts, to the "League Playoff" between the top 150 Points earners in each of the three League Categories - MTT, STT & Cash.

I should also point out, for clarification really, that the Thursday Night Tourneys will not all be Simulcasted on Sky Sports - on average, Sky Sports take our Thursday Show & Tourney 3 weeks in 4. But I think that every £220 Thursday Night Biggie will be simulcasted.

On a personal note, I hope the Roster Fairy is kind to me, & I get the analyst gig occassionally on that £220 Biggie - it'lll be something really special to commentate on a Tourney structured as well as that, & with so many excellent players in it.
  • Options
    SnodbhoySnodbhoy Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2010
    Hi there, i won the 12k bounty hunter last night.does this mean i have qualified for the £220 DS?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hi there, i won the 12k bounty hunter last night.does this mean i have qualified for the £220 DS?
    Posted by Snodbhoy
    It certainly does Mr Snodbhoy! Many congrats, & good luck in it.

In fact, the Tourney was Televised live on the Show last night, & I was the Studio Analyst, so I watched & commentated upon your victory. 4-4 was the final hand Heads-Up, yes? Nice one.

I was actually, throughout the Show, curious about your alias. I know the "Bhoy" part means you are a Celtic supporter, but what does "snod" mean, I've not heard that before? I googled it after the Show & it seems to have a variety of meanings - "headband", "cool", etc. Satisfy my geeky curiosity, please.
  • Options
    TiaDalmaTiaDalma Member Posts: 454
    edited April 2010
    Really enjoyed watching your game snodbhoy vwd