You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Relatively new player

KERRAKAJACKERRAKAJAC Member Posts: 1
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
i.ve been playin since January, won a few deep stack, and am wonderin, what should ld i be doin to get into th e really big money, i am lookin for players that have played against me to comment

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,451
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Relatively new player:
    i.ve been playin since January, won a few deep stack, and am wonderin, what should ld i be doin to get into th e really big money, i am lookin for players that have played against me to comment
    Posted by KERRAKAJAC
    Hi Kerra,

Glad to hear you are enjoying your poker here.

Keep doing what you are doing, & if you are good enough, the big wins will come soon enough.
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2010
    I believe someone once said "Unless you're willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won't happen." 

This pretty much applies to the situation. Don't expect to jump in after 3 months and start winning the big bucks. Lots of practice and improving your game will no doubt steer you in the right direction.

GL in the future and I hope you eventually find your success.

Edit- I think this is my 2nd serious post! (I had to refrain myself from throwing a joke about Tikay's age in)

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Relatively new player:
    I believe someone once said  "Unless you're willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won't happen."  This pretty much applies to the situation. Don't expect to jump in after 3 months and start winning the big bucks. Lots of practice and improving your game will no doubt steer you in the right direction. GL in the future and I hope you eventually find your success. Edit- I think this is my 2nd serious post! (I had to refrain myself from throwing a joke about Tikay's age in)
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    You are nearly correct moo, however i believe you have misquoted Homer Simpson who said ''You've tried your best and failed miserably, so the moral is - dont bother trying, that way you wont be disappointed'' This works for me, and its what i tell my kids, and they have never failed at anything!!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,451
    edited April 2010
    I believe someone once said  "Unless you're willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won't happen."  This pretty much applies to the situation. Don't expect to jump in after 3 months and start winning the big bucks. Lots of practice and improving your game will no doubt steer you in the right direction. GL in the future and I hope you eventually find your success. Edit- I think this is my 2nd serious post! (I had to refrain myself from throwing a joke about Tikay's age in)
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    I must correct that. It's your 1st serious Post, surely? ;)

• Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Relatively new player : I must correct that. It's your 1st serious Post, surely? ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    I thought so too, until I remembered a post I did on the holdem strategy thread yesterday "Good or bad fold over time?". It must be the start of a new Cow?
  • Options
    ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Relatively new player:
    Posted by KERRAKAJAC
    In the top left hand corner press deposit, follow the on screen instructions, then come and join me.