You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tournament Money

ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
edited May 2010 in Community Suggestions

Is there any way Sky would consider creating tournament money. This way if people won a seat into a tournament it later became apparent they could not play in then they could simply de-register from it and the Value of the seat won could be stored in their tournament £ account.

The money is still ringfenced to be spent on Sky so there is no loss of rake or turnover for sky and the player can spend their tournament money in any denomination required I.E they win and de-register from 3 open seats and instead use the combined "Tournament money" to enter a primo etc

This is comon practice elsewhere, would save sky money on the need to answer customer service calls to re-register people in different tournaments as they couldn't play and would be a good service to players who suddenly can't play a tournament they have won a seat in

I've added a poll to gage opinon although i'm not sure how many people look in this section ???? lol

Comments

• Options
    luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
    edited April 2010
    sounds good to me
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010
    Yes, makes sense I guess - Also can you make a table where we can play the 7-2 game plz :)
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,550
    edited April 2010

I have voted yes as this I take it would get round the league stars freeroll into that bigger tourney?

Nice thread sir.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Tournament Money:
    Yes, makes sense I guess - Also can you make a table where we can play the 7-2 game plz :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    The 7 - 2 game lol always fun
  • Options
    edited April 2010
     I have voted yes as this I take it would get round the league stars freeroll into that bigger tourney? Nice thread sir.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Cheers max

And yes this was inspired by reading that thread. I've not tried to de-register befor but when i saw you couldn't on here this just seems like a common sense soloution that i'm suprised sky don't already employ. Theres nothing sweater for a company that Ringfenced spends lol 
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited April 2010
    IT SOUND LIKE A FAIR ENOUGH SUDGESTION TO ME, HAVING SAID THAT IF ITS COMMON PRACTICE ON OTHER SITES AND THEY DONT CURRENTLY DO IT THERES PROBABLY A REASON.
    ALSO ANY TECH CHANGES WHICH IM GUESSING THIS WOULD BE, THAT SLOW DOWN THE ALREADY SNAIL PACE DEVELOPMENT OF DOWNLOADABLE SOFTWARE CANT BE TO HELPFUL
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2010
    Makes perfect sense but cant understand why someone has already voted DONT CARE.i mean why wouldnt they? this would be an option that surely everyone may need at one time or another.dav
  • Options
    luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
    edited April 2010
    If it does come in, I wonder how long before a "cashmanbrian" type starts buying them for cash at a discount etc etc
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If it does come in, I wonder how long before a "cashmanbrian" type starts buying them for cash at a discount etc etc
    Posted by luvBWFC
    Beauty of sky is there is no transfer facility thus closing this loop hole. You don't lose any of the value but you can just play some sat's and decide to save the buy in for another nights open. I for instance like to play sat's, i'm quite good at the often qualifying but sometimes don't have time to play the main event. With something like this i could qualify 5 nights a week and then save some of the buy-ins when i don't fancy that nights OPen. I hate bounty hunters for instance but would happily play a qualifier if i could bank the buy in an play the next nights double stack
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,550
    edited April 2010
    Posted by luvBWFC
    Or for poker points???.......best not go there!
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited April 2010
    Good idea, but 72 game wud b quality!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey Sky Rich, any chance of running this under a suitable suit or tech guys nose so they can comment on the idea and possibility of such a thing?
  • Options
    Donut64Donut64 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited April 2010
    I have not entered freerolls for a competition that I knew I wouldnt have been able to play in this way I could enter sats freeroll or paid and play when Im free! This in my view is a brilliant idea!
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited April 2010
    Hey Sky Rich, any chance of running this under a suitable suit or tech guys nose so they can comment on the idea and possibility of such a thing?
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

yup sure thing.

I'll send it over.
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited April 2010
    I have voted yes - you never know, my cat might get run over or my rabbit might get taken ill at 7.55pm and that means a trip to the vets.

I satellite into a lot of these tournys so accumulating it for a better tourny like the primo would be great. Also sometimes after winning a satellite I realise there's another tourny I would rather play in on the same night and playing both at the same time just ends up in disaster.
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited April 2010
    Brilliant idea Aces, I'd been thinking something along the same lines but don't have your ability to explain it properly.
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Tournament Money : Beauty of sky is there is no transfer facility thus closing this loop hole. You don't lose any of the value but you can just play some sat's and decide to save the buy in for another nights open. I for instance like to play sat's, i'm quite good at the often qualifying but sometimes don't have time to play the main event. With something like this i could qualify 5 nights a week and then save some of the buy-ins when i don't fancy that nights OPen. I hate bounty hunters for instance but would happily play a qualifier if i could bank the buy in an play the next nights double stack
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    You've hit the nail on the head there aces. I'd quite happily play sat's for tournament "tickets" to be played whenever you want.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    BUMP *

Bumped this as there is a relevant thread in General about multiple sat entry to one tournament

Did this thread make it across the desk of those that have the power SkyRich????

Would be nice if any Pro's, Con's or feedback to the idea could be slapped on a post here :)
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited April 2010
    Yes i did send it over straight away Aces. let me give the guys another nudge
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yes i did send it over straight away Aces. let me give the guys another nudge
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Cheers Rich your always a superstar