You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky poker/chrome compatibility issues (POST YOURS HERE)

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited January 2014 in Community Help & Advice
Guys & girls

I started another thread asking if Sky will ever fully support chrome as it seems that more & more people are now using it as opposed to (particularly) IE. Rich very kindly explained why (at present anyway) Sky wouldn't invest time & money to do this & it makes sense. He did suggest though that we all list any compatibility issues that anyone has & the tech guys will hopefully look into them.

3 main things for me:

1 - Mini view doesn't work properly. There are times when I've wanted to have 3 or 4 tables running but I have to have them all on full view which I don't like as I like to be able to glance across all tables to see when it's my turn.

2 - When you've got more than 1 table running there's nothing to indicate when it's your turn on any of the tables. On IE the screen tab thing (technical terms I know, lol) on the bar at the bottom of the screen flashes when it's your turn. This is quite useful if you're concentrating more on one of the other tables momentarily.

3 - Skybet doesn't like chrome at all! Since the change in the betting bit it's sometimes OK if you're doing something simple like a small 4/5 way acca but most of the time it loses your selections & also I've found that even when it does keep your selections on the betting slip, it can take 3/4 attempts to actually get the bet placed properly. Also, if you make one selection & then start browsing for another selection it doesn't keep your original selection on your bet slip. As an example, I select team A to beat team B & then want to add a handicapped bet from another match to the same coupon, it loses my original selection. At the moment I have to log on with IE for betting then log out & back in on chrome for poker.

If anyone has come across anything else then please add it here.

(SKY RICH - EDITED AND STICKIED FOR YOU JAY.)

Comments

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited April 2010
    1 - Miniview does work properly.  Its just that you have to manually resize the table by click/dragging the sides/bottom, as the table it gives you is a box aboy 2cm.  This is still a pain and could do with being sorted.

2 - Thing is , if you resize your miniview tables as in step 1, you will not need the flashing bar thingy as you can just align your tables next to each other.  The biggest problem imo about not noticing when it is your turn to act on a nother table is the colour of the bet/fold buttons in miniview.  If they lit up the pink colour before you hover ur cursor over them it would be much easier to see.  This was not a problem until the last major upgrade as the buttons used to be green and easy to see.

3 - no comment here as I dont use it often.

Chrome seems to have issues with posting hand historys.  If I want to post any it has to be in firefox or ie.
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited April 2010
    I have trouble bringing up the details of a hand history from the game window (gameinfo>Hand History>Details) but I can bring them up through the hand history tab in the main lobby or through my account.
  • Options
    LeoBooBooLeoBooBoo Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky poker/chrome compatibility issues (POST YOURS HERE):
    I have trouble bringing up the details of a hand history from the game window (gameinfo />Hand History>Details) but I can bring them up through the hand history tab in the main lobby or through my account.
    Posted by TommyD
    I too use Chrome and have an issue with mucked hands...

Although I have checked the option box to muck losing hands, on quite a few occasions my losing hand is being shown (apart from an all-in bet where it should be shown). 

Not sure if this is a Chrome issue or whether it is a Sky software problem.  Would appreciate some advice. Thanks
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky poker/chrome compatibility issues (POST YOURS HERE) : I too use Chrome and have an issue with mucked hands... Although I have checked the option box to muck losing hands, on quite a few occasions my losing hand is being shown (apart from an all-in bet where it should be shown).  Not sure if this is a Chrome issue or whether it is a Sky software problem.  Would appreciate some advice. Thanks
    Posted by LeoBooBoo

I'm pretty sure that this is not a Chrome (or any other browser) issue.
    Although I've never seen it confirmed by anyone from Sky Poker, I believe that the display of hands works as follows at showdown.

The first live hand after the dealer (clockwise) is displayed.
    Then for each hand in turn (clockwise),
    a) if it beats the previous best hand it is shown,
    b) if the player hasn't selected "Muck losing hands" the hand is shown.

Therefore, even if you have selected "Muck losing hands" your hand may be displayed even if it is beaten by a later hand at the table.
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited May 2010
    posted elsewhere by GeezerJT -

I like many others finds Google chrome works best with sky, normally i only play cash but joined this team poker thing and noticed something strange.

Tournie tables wont auto load, and then when you  try to open them they wont open at all.  Well for me at least.

Cash tables are fine.

• Options
    BelovedLtdBelovedLtd Member Posts: 188
    edited June 2010
    Generally speaking Chrome works fine for me, an issue which may be related to GeezerJT's post is that every time a tournament launches (or I launch it myself) it takes a very long time to load and then gives the script error.

However if I click no (don't stop the script) then the table loads and I can play as normal.

Feasibly, could there be an option where you don't get asked this question and it automatically stops the script?

This would explain why it never loads for GeezerJT
  • Options
    bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited August 2010
    Hi guys I thought it might have been my PC but just read the posts above about chrome.

I can register for tourneys

I can get into the lobby

I can watch other tables

But my game won't load

I'd tried observing my table but firstly I get told connection is lost (it reconnects) and then it tells me that I already have the table open.

Answers Sky please...................
  • Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Sky poker/chrome compatibility issues (POST YOURS HERE):
    Guys & girls I started another thread asking if Sky will ever fully support chrome as it seems that more & more people are now using it as opposed to (particularly) IE. Rich very kindly explained why (at present anyway) Sky wouldn't invest time & money to do this & it makes sense. He did suggest though that we all list any compatibility issues that anyone has & the tech guys will hopefully look into them. 3 main things for me: 1 - Mini view doesn't work properly. There are times when I've wanted to have 3 or 4 tables running but I have to have them all on full view which I don't like as I like to be able to glance across all tables to see when it's my turn. 2 - When you've got more than 1 table running there's nothing to indicate when it's your turn on any of the tables. On IE the screen tab thing (technical terms I know, lol) on the bar at the bottom of the screen flashes when it's your turn. This is quite useful if you're concentrating more on one of the other tables momentarily. 3 - Skybet doesn't like chrome at all! Since the change in the betting bit it's sometimes OK if you're doing something simple like a small 4/5 way acca but most of the time it loses your selections & also I've found that even when it does keep your selections on the betting slip, it can take 3/4 attempts to actually get the bet placed properly. Also, if you make one selection & then start browsing for another selection it doesn't keep your original selection on your bet slip. As an example, I select team A to beat team B & then want to add a handicapped bet from another match to the same coupon, it loses my original selection. At the moment I have to log on with IE for betting then log out & back in on chrome for poker. If anyone has come across anything else then please add it here. (SKY RICH - EDITED AND STICKIED FOR YOU JAY. )
    Posted by silentbob
    Hi All,

No. 1 is fixed, you can now switch views in Chrome without having to manually resize the window every time.

This went live today.

However, chrome still displays a vertical scroll bar on the right hand side, this slightly impacts mini-view, but can either be ignored or you can simply enlarge the window slightly. We've got a fix for this (we will force Chrome to hide the scrollbars, but it requires some further testing, we'll aim to get it live next week.

I'm sorry but I don't have any updates on the other Chrome issues mentioned on this thread, but we are still looking at them, so please keep them coming.

Kind Regards

Adam
  • Options
    TREMAYNETREMAYNE Member Posts: 432
    edited August 2010
    In a mtt when you move table it does not always open correctly .Players are not in order and only 3 are shown.The only solution is to close the table and reopen it from the main tournament lobby.Sometimes missing out on a hand. 
  • Options
    GavinxxxxGavinxxxx Member Posts: 559
    edited August 2010
    Does nobody like Mozilla Firefox anymore ?
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2010
    Does nobody like Mozilla Firefox anymore ?
    Posted by Gavinxxxx

I do! It's definitely my browser of choice.
  • Options
    sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited August 2010
    i have an issue with chrome,

sometimes...well id say its a common problem for me, when a table closes and a new table is formed in mtt's i.e. final table bubble goes the picture just hangs and some bet amounts stay static on the screen and avatars disappear while it goes round the table, looks very confusing

the only way to overcome this is to close the window goto 'My Tables' screen then 'running' which i mite also add can take some time to refresh and show my current tables and re-launch the table

can be very frustrating at this crucial stage of the game

also sometimes when im multi-tabling one of the tables may just become unresponsive while the other are unaffected, then i also have to do the above method to get the table back to normal.
  • Options
    Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited August 2010
    Hi Sikas,

Thanks for your post, we are aware of these issues and are currently investigating them and doing the best we can to rectify the problems. Please do post any more issues you may come across.

Thanks
    Lee
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited September 2010
    ola.

Have recently updated Chrome and it's not particularly happy with sky!

Navigating to the forum gives-

Going to try and play a table the lobby is fine with the same sign, but once you load a table the table loads with

and then the cash lobby screen has that too.

It gives-

Word up?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The above issue with the red skull and cross bones is fine. See here-

• Options
    MrCraigMrCraig Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2010
    In a mtt when you move table it does not always open correctly .Players are not in order and only 3 are shown.The only solution is to close the table and reopen it from the main tournament lobby.Sometimes missing out on a hand. 
    Posted by TREMAYNE
    I also have this problem.

Also the other night my cards were hidden from ME for a hand. Luckily, only a small bet was made (which I took blind) and just checked thereafter. Believe it or not I won the hand.

When the next hand took place I could see my cards fine.

Another time It appeared I was playing as another user (could see their cards, make their bets and played when it was their turn) and MrCraig's (mine) were hidden from me.

All these problems were sorted by closing window and relaunching. 

I'm still not sure if I was actually playing as another user or just the table was screwed.
  • Options
    PaddiePaddie Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    i think this website it a fix ive had 5 major hands an lost them all not on stupidity but it seem when i reach the three highest hands ever i lose all my money against some random play they pop into the game qwick then easily stand out or leave the tabvle!!!!!
    i wanna know is this site real for us customers
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It's as real as the land of spare uuuuuum aka Narnia. lol
  • Options
    djblacke04djblacke04 Member Posts: 1,778
    edited February 2011
    i think this website it a fix ive had 5 major hands an lost them all not on stupidity but it seem when i reach the three highest hands ever i lose all my money against some random play they pop into the game qwick then easily stand out or leave the tabvle!!!!! i wanna know is this site real for us customers
    Posted by Paddie

is this an issue with chrome....lol

try firefox,you win much more...

• Options
    BoxsterBoxster Member Posts: 4,461
    edited February 2011
    After reg for a sit and go, Chrome has started open 2 or 3 duplicate tables.

1 has me seated and the others come up with an error. Close the duplicate tables then everything is ok.

This has only just started over the last week

Anybody else having the same issue?