You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Am I a fish?

Donut64Donut64 Member Posts: 2,666
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Well I am Pisces but to the point! I often get called a fish. People often make piddling little bets with top pair and a week kicker and price me in to chase the flush and when I hit they call me a fish! Also sometimes I try to control the betting to give myself a chance of hitting or just forcing them to fold again when I hit or get caught bluffing Im labelled a fish! The last one if Im against a person that can lay down a hand I may go all in after the flop needing one card to hit the flush and again if Im called someone at the table will call me a fish! For those reading this and thinking they know how I play remember I may have already hit three of a kind or two pair! LOL If I am a fish can I be a barracuda?

Comments

• Options
    MrWh1teMrWh1te Member Posts: 963
    edited April 2010
    people often call me a fish.  i let them think it

make some wild claims like being 200k at tournies on this site too, something they can check and see is false, and they will throw even more money at you
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited April 2010

Easy Answer is it depends

If you hit the river or turn and outdraw someone then they will often slam some kind of fish type statement at you but as you have indicated your doing this when they give you the odds then no, thats not. If your calling pot sized bets on a 3 outer then thats a diff matter.

If you have the odds to call then you will, if you are having to pay pot size on a gutshot then you prob won't (unless you are fishing lol)

If you call with weak hands with a plan (I.E to take it away on the turn from a show of weakness) then that's not fishing

Fact: If your playing a decent player who catches you fishing......... He/She is not going to tell you. They are going to say NH, put a note on you and let you fish away against them while they clean out your account. Those who demonise you in the chat box will be people who either don't know they aer supposed to enjoy playing fish or they don't really beleive it and they are just on tilt after possibly a series of outdraws

I'd be more worried if nobody ever accused me of bad play becasue then i know i AM a fish and they are all making notes on me lol

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010

I once 3 bet pre flop, bet the flop and turn with 2 overs and a flush draw, binked my flush on the river, got it all in and the uy called me a fish.

If someone is leading into you, their bet looks weak, if its a 1 on 1 pot, why not raise them, giving yourself 2 chances to win.

You probably are a fish in some cases, but sometimes, its correct to go fishing ! :)

Edit - read the 2nd half of ur post - and u do do what I suggested :) Good man
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited April 2010

looks more like a doughnut to me than a fish........:)

• Options
    Donut64Donut64 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited April 2010
    Yeh I know what you mean some people just see the flush and dont see you was ahead before the turn they just get angry! No kind have beat makes me angry I just try to see if I could have played it better if not I just smile and carry on! In Response to Re: Am I a fish?:
    I once 3 bet pre flop, bet the flop and turn with 2 overs and a flush draw, binked my flush on the river, got it all in and the uy called me a fish. If someone is leading into you, their bet looks weak, if its a 1 on 1 pot, why not raise them, giving yourself 2 chances to win. You probably are a fish in some cases, but sometimes, its correct to go fishing ! :) Edit - read the 2nd half of ur post - and u do do what I suggested :) Good man
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
  • Options
    STEVEMAXSTEVEMAX Member Posts: 489
    edited April 2010
    Yes,definately more of a Donut to me.
    Let them call you a fish, its only because you won and they
    can`t handle losing.
    The cards are yours,you can do what you want with them,you paid for them,its your money.

Best of luck Steve...