You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

"THAT PESKY PESKY TURN CARD!"

AyrGraemeAyrGraeme Member Posts: 271
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
To start off a week of no river moaning here is the aforementioned hand where that rather rude chap said something along the lines of the discussion title - it wasnt quite as polite as that - suggestions for the true phrase could be a separate contest.  I changed the villain'sname to an alias to spare his blushes

1.  I made the mistake of calling preflop with suited gap connectors - in position - dreadful play.  At this point I was not thinking of the potential to bust a big hand I just thought cards of the same colour are pretty and I had to play em.

2.  I call the flop bet with a draw.  No - before you give me any credit - no way at this point did i put him on an overpair and think my implied odds on a fairly dry board were fairly big - I just saw 4 cards of fairly close numerical value and called cause i might hit something.

3.  This one was a mistake - having hit I rr all-in giving a good player a chance to fold but fortunately I did not run into one of these pesky players who analyse how the betting went and try to put you on a hand. 

It was instead one of the breed who I'm sure you have all come across on the tables.  You know the old theory of 2 chances to win by raising on a draw well this is the player who makes big calls with they can justify their action in 2 ways - a) they are correct and you are overplaying your top pair so they win the pot OR b) they can call you a lucky ******* and tell you how stupid you are for playing that hand and they know in their heart of hearts that they are the better player because they had the best starting hand. 
AEMF1873 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £29.43
Dandax Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £16.05
  Your hole cards

blackbeltb Fold     
yankee46 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £22.46
TIMs TIARA Raise  £1.20 £1.95 £26.11
AyrGraeme Call  £1.20 £3.15 £30.15
AEMF1873 Fold     
Dandax Fold     
yankee46 Fold     
Flop

• J