You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

A guide on how to block Sky Vegas

scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
edited April 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Hi guys - after going on tilt at 3am and doing like 100 on BlackJack, I decided to find a way to block myself from Sky Vegas.  I know that Sky Rich said that they were looking into a way to do this from your 'My Account' page, so hopefully this will only be temporary.  Anyway.....

1.  Download and install  Blue Coat K9 Web Protection.  This is a piece of free software that is a parental control programme, however with some tinkering it can be manipulated to only serve this one purpose.  If you do want to use some of the parental control features, then it is very easy to do so.

http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

2. After it has been installed and your machine has been restarted,  go to the 'Setup' tab. The first screen is on how to monitor your total internet access.  If you don't want to use any of these features then just select 'Custom' and remember to click 'Save'  in the bottom right of the screen.

3. Go to 'URL Keywords' and type in 'SKYVEGAS' and click 'add to list'.  To be certain then I added 'VEGAS' to this list as well.  Again remember to 'Save'.

4.  The software automatically defaults all Google searches to safesearch only.  To turn this off go to 'Advanced' and then untick 'Force SafeSearch only'.  And then 'Save'

You should now be blocked from all Sky Vegas games, I  have tried to both go to Sky Vegas via the red tab at the top and by using the quick links around Sky Poker and I have not been able to get thru.  I would imagine that Sky Bingo can also be added to the 'URL Keywords List' however I doubt Sky Bet can be added, as I'm fairly sure that some of the features in the 'My Account' section of Sky Poker use Sky Bet in their URL....if anyone wants to try this out tho then please post your findings.

I only installed this software at like 4am this morning so can't guarantee that it will work 100pc but the software is easy to uninstall/unblock URLs etc so if there are any problems then its easy to rectify.

Hope this helps some of you guys. 

Comments

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited April 2010
    seriosly though scotty m8 although this will block vegas as you know how to get round it is it going to help

Good point but I only go onto the BlackJack tables when on tilt, and I usually use the very helpfully placed BlackJack links that are on the Sky Poker tables.  I imagine that in the 5 mins or so of messing around to unblock this the red steam will have passed.

Also once I know for certain that the programme doesn't affect the overall functionality of Sky Poker, I shall someone to change the password for me so I can't do it.
  • BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited April 2010
    think most web providers have this in the parental controls found this out after my 10year old got through the fantastic security on facebook to set up an account. even funnier when he used all the correct info just changed his year of birth even had a picture of himself on the profile from about 3 years ago.
    my 13 year old isnt the brightest but keeps me on my toes finding new ways to futher his interest in amature gynachology. so im in parental controls quit a bit lol

seriosly though scotty m8 although this will block vegas as you know how to get round it is it going to help 
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited April 2010
    Hey Scotty,

Thanks for your post. Hopefully this will help others who are having some trouble on this subject.

I do however have to post a quick reminder...

obviously we have no direct affiliation with your posted software and as this is the case if you (or others) do experience technical issues with the site (after downloading/installing the blocker) then we would be unable to provide any assistance.

As you mention Scotty an extra self exclusion tool (other to those that can be found in the 'my account' area already) will be coming shortly and this will allow you to self exclude by product (i.e. Vegas). 

Of course, I or another member of the team will post more info as we have it.

thanks again,

Rich