You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Complaints!

wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
I have had to make  two complaints to sky poker this month.
1. Games advertised as being on TV attract an audience participation, once entered into the tournament you wait in anticipation only to find out that it is not being televised.
This way of advertising is strictlly not conforming to general tv trading standards views , I would have thought!
I am not sure.Your views please, on this topic.The reply I got from customer services was frankly not satisfactory.

2. I came across the free roll tournament listings tonight and when I cliked on the 250 million hand free roll, it directed me to the home page for further information. This was not available. Contacted customer services for a liv echat and was told you had to qualify for this by playing in certain tournaments and it was by invitation.
My point is why direct to the home page , when the information is not there.
Sky , you are slipping.
Again your views please.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Complaints!:
    I have had to make  two complaints to sky poker this month. 1. Games advertised as being on TV attract an audience participation, once entered into the tournament you wait in anticipation only to find out that it is not being televised. This way of advertising is strictlly not conforming to general tv trading standards views , I would have thought! I am not sure.Your views please, on this topic.The reply I got from customer services was frankly not satisfactory. 2. I came across the free roll tournament listings tonight and when I cliked on the 250 million hand free roll, it directed me to the home page for further information. This was not available. Contacted customer services for a liv echat and was told you had to qualify for this by playing in certain tournaments and it was by invitation. My point is why direct to the home page , when the information is not there. Sky , you are slipping. Again your views please.
    Posted by wynne1938
    What tourney was that, please, Wynne?
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited April 2010
    Go on then Wynne...

1. Which tourney do you mean? It is well advertised on 865, skypoker.com and on the forum which tourneys will be televised. Skysports will sometimes also cover the last 2 hours of a tourney but usually when it is likely to finish before the show ends i.e. Bounty Hunter. Mastercash is now on a Saturday evening to accommodate those of us who play cash rather than tourney's.

2.The 250m freeroll tourney is only for people who were playing hands either 250 above or below the 250m hand played on sky...it was promoted all month...there was also cash pay out too...the details are still on the homepage for people to check but the 250m hand was played on 11th April. The 500 either side FR is an automatic register and you cannot get a password for this. You also missed freerolls for Grand National etc...

x
  • Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited April 2010
    It usualy says tv on the side of the torny. nuff said really
  • Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    edited April 2010

as far as im aware thegames withtv signs next to them just mean they could be shown on tv

you have the main 1s shown  like primo bh every week

hope this helps mate
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited April 2010
    Hi wynne

As for the tv Icon, and televised tourney,s, this thread may help, please click here
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Complaints!:
    In Response to Complaints! : What tourney was that, please, Wynne?
    Posted by Tikay10
    It was the 250 millionth hand free roll.Not on there tonight!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hi wynne As for the tv Icon, and televised tourney,s, this thread may help, please click here
    Posted by acebarry10
    Thanks for your reply!
    Read the post.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Complaints! : What tourney was that, please, Wynne?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sorry tikay It is still on there!
  • Options
    tikay1tikay1 Member Posts: 741
    edited April 2010

I think there is a misunderstanding here Wynne. I enboldened, in my initial reply, the question to which I was replying - namely - you said a Tourney had been advertised as being Televised, & it was not Televised.

My question to you was.....

Which Tourney (which you thought was being Televised) were you referring to?