You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

hi tech team--is it feb/march yet?

oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
edited April 2010 in Community Help & Advice
when is the fluppin download coming out?

Comments

• oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited April 2010
    hi tech team--Tell you what, why don't you all just ignore me--I'll go away eventually won't I?
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited April 2010
    Hi There oynutter,

Sorry for the lack of response on this thread.

I've had a quick word with the guys about the download and have been informed that there was a shift of project priority (which has caused the slight delay).

The download is still on course and will be delivered in the near future. i want to refrain from mentioning exact dates as as i'd hate to raise excitement only to have to disappoint.

but you can be CERTAIN that when we do have concrete news it will be announced first in the forum!

what's that famous saying again?

... good things come to those who....

Thanks for all your understanding on this one oynutter

edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: hi tech team--is it feb/march yet?:
    Hi There oynutter, Sorry for the lack of response on this thread. I've had a quick word with the guys about the download and have been informed that there was a shift of project priority (which has caused the slight delay). The download is still on course and will be delivered in the near future. i want to refrain from mentioning exact dates as as i'd hate to raise excitement only to have to disappoint. but you can be CERTAIN that when we do have concrete news it will be announced first in the forum! what's that famous saying again? ... good things come to those who.... Thanks for all your understanding on this one oynutter
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Cheers Rich, "a shift of project priority"---lol---something must be far more important than having a poker site that works properly innit----please check this site regularly for more information

http://www.concretenewsnetwork.com/
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: hi tech team--is it feb/march yet? : Cheers Rich, "a shift of project priority"---lol---something must be far more important than having a poker site that works properly innit----please check this site regularly for more information                                        http://www.concretenewsnetwork.com/
    Posted by oynutter
    very good :)
  • diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: hi tech team--is it feb/march yet? : Cheers Rich, "a shift of project priority"---lol---something must be far more important than having a poker site that works properly innit----please check this site regularly for more information                                        http://www.concretenewsnetwork.com/
    Posted by oynutter
    lol
    edited April 2010
    Well---for flops sake!!---the first priority of any poker site should surely be reliability---The second priority should be playability---these two issues are vastly improved by a downloadable client---IMO--It is skys DUTY to it's players to provide the best possible playing platform---we pay money to play poker here, and as such, we are ENTITLED to have reliability and playability as the FIRST PRIORITY of the technical team at all times!---this "shift of project priority" is therefore nothing short of PATHETIC!!!

AND I DARE ANYONE FROM THE TECHNICAL TEAM TO COME ON HERE TO ARGUE THAT IT IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN

PATHETIC!!
  • diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited April 2010
    OY!!!!!

No point posting on a Sunday mate, the so-called "technical team" don't work on any day ending in "Y"
    edited April 2010
    No point in posting at all mate---Just off to ask merenovice what are the odds of a response from the tech team--lol
  • ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited April 2010

Nutter, you moan on every post you put so why do you want to play here. There is no need at all for a download, Sky works just great without one.

edited April 2010
    Nutter, you moan on every post you put so why do you want to play here. There is no need at all for a download, Sky works just great without one.
    Posted by ajs4385
    shut up!--big nose!!!
  • FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
    edited April 2010
    Posted by ajs4385
    He's been told before. He just likes to moan. Some people are like that. :o)
  • ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited April 2010
    Sky doesn't need a download if your running a Phat desktop with high power processor and ram to spare. However as 90% of the world are not running that then maybe the site should be catering to them and not the few who have dropped £3k on a computer. Just a thought but it's probably more profitable to cater the masses rather than the elite wouldn't you think???
    edited April 2010
    I wouldn't call a 1.6ghz, 512 ram netbook "Phat" but sky poker runs fine on it. As i've said in the past, i dunno what all the fuss is about, BUT...to be fair...i don't run Windows Operating Shitstem on any of my pc's. Linux is highly advanced nowadays and just as simple to use as any other O.S. It's 10x as secure as any Windows pc will ever be and doesn't NEED any security bloatware hogging it down and crashing randomly. And even better - all software is FREE. Type "Ubuntu" into google. You don't have to follow all the other sheep...
    edited April 2010
    lol an advocate of linux - i like it

the fact is though that many people have experianced problems with sky that they don't with a client. Now i have a newer laptop which runs sky fine up to 5 or 6 tables and i have an older laptop which i sometimes have to use (when the wifey is facebooking or the kids are whinging to play games) which runs sky fine....... on one table.......... for 20mins..................... and then freezes constantly

it does not do this with client poker software as i can use all those fine on the older cackier laptop.

So yes the problems people experiance are due to not having a system that can cope but my point is there will always be more people on bog standard, or even substandard systems than those running the type of equipment AJS and other full time players use.

So is there a need for a download???? yes because the client will stabalise the experiance for those who currently have a harder time and for the likes of those that find it fine... well they will still find it fine :)
    edited April 2010
    I agree that the software needs to be idiot proof because some (most) people will have problems simply because they do not know how to setup a PC correctly or understand why having 999 programs installed is asking for trouble. The fact is, nearly every household has a PC these days but very few understand the basics of how it works. All they want is something they can point a mouse at and click to go. And if it doesn't go, they start screaming and shouting and blaming everyone bar themselves. Developing idiot proof software is not an easy task because there's a never ending supply of idiots. lol

I'm sure we'll get this new fangled poker app *eventually*, but i suspect that they're taking their time because they don't want to get steam-rolled at the slightest hint of a problem.
    edited April 2010
    I'm fine with when ever it turns up as i don't have huge problems unless on the old lappy, just wanted to make the point that just because i me, you & some others don't have the huge problems with stability doesn't mean that the client is not needed. I welcome them taking their time over it to be honest because i'd rather they release it when it's ready rather than rush it and fill the forum with threads about it's performance lol