You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Could you fold this?

jubbleyjubbley Member Posts: 189
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Recently i was playing in a sat for the gupkt event and the top 3 won entry into the main event , i was sitting 2nd at the time and the big chip leader pushed me all in and he was very aggresive, i look and had AA and called his J 10  and he hit trips should i have folded ?
Yes i was peeed off to lose in such a way but i struggle to fold in that pos, maybe i will change my tactics.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Forgot to say there was 5 remaining at the time top 3 got entry
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited April 2010
    Hi
    I voted to call as it was heads up, but if one of the other smaller stacks had come in before you i would then fold.

col
  • Options
    robcrobc Member Posts: 521
    edited April 2010
     Never fold aces pre flop even if your on the bubble of the WSOP main event!

Unlucky though mate you got your money in ahead thats all you can do really.
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Could you fold this?:
     Never fold aces pre flop even if your on the bubble of the WSOP main event!   Unlucky though mate you got your money in ahead thats all you can do really.
    Posted by robc
    Hi Rob
    So you NEVER fold AA preflop. What if you are in a safe position in a satelitte, on the bubble, with the 2 short stacks all-in, you would still call?

If as i imagine your answer is yes, then think about the aim of a satelitte. That is to qualify, not win it.
    Plus it is chip dependent
    .col
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    hi mate,

I meant this as against one opponent. i may have been over the top saying NEVER lol. But depending on how short the short stacks are i may still call as you said chip dependant, if id still be in a good fighting position im still calling as makes it more likely the bubble wil be burst and then your home and dry. 

if someone is short and down to a couple of big blinds on the bubble of a sattelite and the big stack goes all in i agree folding would be the best option. point taken mate lol
  • Options
    edited April 2010

If someone else was in v big stack id fold it but heads up i couldnt.

Should of done option c and taken my dog for walkies..lol

• Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited April 2010
    call call call call call and call again

• Options
    Donut64Donut64 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited April 2010
    I say fold fold fold but in all honesty I have lost out in DYM after taking a big lead early just because I dont have the discipline to stay out of big pots with big hands! My natuaral instinct is to win it outright even when their is no financial gain to do so.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited April 2010

I wish there were as many responses to posts in the strategy section to hands like this!

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010

How many were left?

What was the chip leader playing at?

• Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2010
    Some good opinions but if i EVER fold AA pre flop i might as well just quit poker.dav
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    how can you fold AA against just one aggresive opponent pre flop sattelite or not? double up and then your sorted.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I wish there were as many responses to posts in the strategy section to hands like this!
    Posted by phil12uk

+1
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited April 2010
    how can you fold AA against just one aggresive opponent pre flop sattelite or not? double up and then your sorted.
    Posted by robc
    It all depends on relative chip stacks.
    Your aces will get cracked sometimes - let's say 1 time in 4 although it's really not that often against the range of hands that your opponent is making that move with.
    If the chances of you qualifying by folding exceed this then it would be right to fold the AA.
    With two people still to go out before the bubble bursts (and without knowing the chip stacks) it's probably the right move to call but there could also be good reasons to fold.

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Ok guys thanks for your views.
  • Options
    MrWh1teMrWh1te Member Posts: 963
    edited April 2010
    i voted fold but thats without knowing chipstacks etc.

to the ppl saying you should never fold AA preflop nm what, all i can say is i hope to meet you at the tables
  • Options
    dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited April 2010
    It is all chip stack dependant and also what position you were in the hand, If you were relatively chipped up then a fold is possible - the only guy who can knock you out has put you all in - obviously AA is a great hand and I would never consider folding it in a MTT...but...this is a satellite and all you need to do is come in the Top 3 and not actually win it. If there was not much difference between yourself and 4th and 5th position then it is a call every day of the week but if there was a significant gap between you and these guys then it is possible to fold imo. It's hard to make a constructive decision on this because as I said - we don't know the chip stacks, all I am saying is that it is possible to fold AA in some situations - I can't judge whether it is possible to do in this situation or not.