You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

one 2 ponder....or 3....

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat

Do u ever end a session, without losing a big pot?

If u plan to play for another hour, but lose a big pot after 30 mins, do u call it a night?

If u plan to play for 20 minutes, and u win 3 buy ins in 15 minutes, do u call it a night?

WHEN DO YOU CALL IT A NIGHT?

DOHH

EDIT - If you could calculate your profit/loss in the last 20 minutes of ur sessions over the last 3 years, what dya reckon the figure would be, not specific, but in relation to your overall profit/loss

Comments

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited April 2010
    1.  No, or not usually anyway.  I seem to stack off somewhere or other in the first 15 mins.

2.  No, Depending on what time it is, I will usually try to chase it back, but pretty sure that is a bad idea.

3.  I wouldnt plan to play for 20 mins but if I did, I would quite happily leave after 15 with 3 x buyins.

4.  Not sure mate, could go either way
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: one 2 ponder....or 3....:
    1.  No, or not usually anyway.  I seem to stack off somewhere or other in the first 15 mins. 2.  No, Depending on what time it is, I will usually try to chase it back, but pretty sure that is a bad idea. 3.  I wouldnt plan to play for 20 mins but if I did, I would quite happily leave after 15 with 3 x buyins. 4.  Not sure mate, could go either way
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Are you me in disguise?????

x

• Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited April 2010
    I used to have a problem with this and would do really well getting up to 5x or more but then eventualy if you stay in to long you lose to a monter or the usual runner runner and lose a big chunk you then get anoyed try and win it back and all the hard work over the past 4 hrs has gone to waste. Never stay too long if your up cos it wont last.

3 to 4 x buy in profit with the backup of 2 buy ins to either get me even or up if i lose to an all in. If it all goes badly and i lose the 2 buy ins then i call it a night. otherwise keep playing if im chip stack leader and easy min buy ins i can take down. When i hit my target i take a sharpe exit and play on another table or change to sitngo for a change of senery.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010
    I never stay around to chase it and win it back - I always leave when I make the first ridiculous mistake which costs a buy in. 

But how do you learn to quid before this happens, I need to learn how to see it coming.

• Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited April 2010
    if i lose a big pot on a table i stand and leave, i dunno its wierd but if i do lose a big pot nothing usually goes right for me on that table, whereas if i win a nice pot everything goes for me and i can usually turn 50 into 150+ then i hit a roof and cant win any more so leave. 
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited April 2010
    If I have a very bad first 5 mins to a session I will leave all my tables.

• Options
    MrWh1teMrWh1te Member Posts: 963
    edited April 2010
    In Response to one 2 ponder....or 3....:
    Do u ever end a session, without losing a big pot? If u plan to play for another hour, but lose a big pot after 30 mins, do u call it a night? If u plan to play for 20 minutes, and u win 3 buy ins in 15 minutes, do u call it a night? WHEN DO YOU CALL IT A NIGHT? DOHH EDIT - If you could calculate your profit/loss in the last 20 minutes of ur sessions over the last 3 years, what dya reckon the figure would be, not specific, but in relation to your overall profit/loss
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Depends on how it went.  If it was my fault I will have a think about if it could of been avoided.  If it could then I avoid it, if not then I stay knowing longterm I will win it back.

I call it a night when it just feels right, sometimes I take the laptop to bed and I let my partner fall asleep watching me, other nights I stop when I get tired. 

I usually do ok in the nightshift, others make more mistakes whick I can capitalise on.

I rarely leave a table when I bust becuase I know I can win it back by staying.

And just to add, I never take any notice of my winnings/losses over a day.  I always track them but know ultimetly it is a long term game.
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited April 2010
    In Response to one 2 ponder....or 3....:
    Do u ever end a session, without losing a big pot? If u plan to play for another hour, but lose a big pot after 30 mins, do u call it a night? If u plan to play for 20 minutes, and u win 3 buy ins in 15 minutes, do u call it a night? WHEN DO YOU CALL IT A NIGHT? DOHH EDIT - If you could calculate your profit/loss in the last 20 minutes of ur sessions over the last 3 years, what dya reckon the figure would be, not specific, but in relation to your overall profit/loss
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I usually lose my big pot at the beginning of a session and then claw it back

If I lose a big pot early I usually see if I can claw it back, however, if the table is playing a bit tight, I usually move on and find an easier table.

If I win 3 buy ins it usually makes it easier to play the table, but can sometimes make me play a little loose.

I usually play 2 cash tables at a time, so I don't mind calling it a night if i'm down on one table but up on another.

I dont play large stakes, so either way my losses in cash games are minimal, I will happily quit a table if I am down cause it usually means I am playing badly lol. Theres always another night or another table.

Last parts a bit difficult, but on cash tables I would probably say I am breaking even, nearly all of my losses have come from playing MTT games in which case I am about £1600 down over the last 18months.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: one 2 ponder....or 3....:
    In Response to one 2 ponder....or 3.... : Depends on how it went.  If it was my fault I will have a think about if it could of been avoided.  If it could then I avoid it, if not then I stay knowing longterm I will win it back. I call it a night when it just feels right, sometimes I take the laptop to bed and I let my partner fall asleep watching me, other nights I stop when I get tired.  I usually do ok in the nightshift, others make more mistakes whick I can capitalise on. I rarely leave a table when I bust becuase I know I can win it back by staying. And just to add, I never take any notice of my winnings/losses over a day.  I always track them but know ultimetly it is a long term game.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    you stud you
  • Options
    MrWh1teMrWh1te Member Posts: 963
    edited April 2010
    **** right!