You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Dantb10 Deepstack £55 entry in the Freeroll section of the Lobby?

acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi

It appears that the above tourney has appeared in the Freeroll section, just thought you should know :)

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,690
    edited April 2010
    it was there just a minute ago and while i was looking at it it disappeared ????
    EDIT:its on the main board now
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited April 2010
    I think that will be thank you Bernie :)
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited April 2010
    You yanking our chain, i cant see it, and i cant see any sats into it, so not many will play it i think
  • Options
    dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited April 2010
    It's just a normal tournament so I don't think there will be any sats - it's a bit of fun and won't cost sky anything (apart from the £25 - which they will get back from reg fees) so the entrants to it will be those who want to play a fish like Dan ;), it may not get that many runners but quite a few will still enter it just to have a laugh - if they're BR allows it obviously :)
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2010
    Well i think they SHOULD DEFO run some sats for it.dav
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited April 2010
    cant really see the point of this tourny?
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Dantb10 Deepstack £55 entry in the Freeroll section of the Lobby?:
    It's just a normal tournament so I don't think there will be any sats - it's a bit of fun and won't cost sky anything (apart from the £25 - which they will get back from reg fees) so the entrants to it will be those who want to play a fish like Dan ;), it may not get that many runners but quite a few will still enter it just to have a laugh - if they're BR allows it obviously :)
    Posted by dylan12
    How is it 'just a normal tourney' i mean its in the top section, with a 'poker celeb' name on it with a £25 bounty on his head and costs £55 to enter, so its no more normal than the primo, or the 8K sky sports deepstack, and they have sats, its a deepy for the high stake players only, unless they have sats, thats all their going to get, it would have been nice to have given others the chance to play in it via sats, thats just my opinion.
  • Options
    robcrobc Member Posts: 521
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Dantb10 Deepstack £55 entry in the Freeroll section of the Lobby?:
    In Response to Re: Dantb10 Deepstack £55 entry in the Freeroll section of the Lobby? : How is it 'just a normal tourney' i mean its in the top section, with a 'poker celeb' name on it with a £25 bounty on his head and costs £55 to enter, so its no more normal than the primo, or the 8K sky sports deepstack, and they have sats, its a deepy for the high stake players only, unless they have sats, thats all their going to get, it would have been nice to have given others the chance to play in it via sats, thats just my opinion.
    Posted by loonytoons
    +1 I wanted to play in this, but cant afford the £55. i dont see why they didnt bother with satellites really?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Dantb10 Deepstack £55 entry in the Freeroll section of the Lobby? : +1 I wanted to play in this, but cant afford the £55. i dont see why they didnt bother with satellites really?
    Posted by robc
    +1 most defo not fair imo it seems they DO NOT want the likes of us deepy players to be in it.dav
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's just a normal tourney because it is just that - yes the price is to excessive for most players on this site and I have no idea why there may not be any satellites to this event. Sky put on different levels of tournament prices - the £220 League final, Primo for £33 all of which any one can sattelite into, then you have the tikay sleepstack and the orfordable which are aimed at people with smaller BR and have no sats to them. This is a tournament which they obviously want to keep to a smaller playing field and quite a few will play in this and will be good to watch. It's the only Big priced tournament which you cant satellite into and imo there aint nothing wrong with that - there are so many satellites running at the moment that it's nice to see a tournament that you can only buy into directly. This may only be a one off tournament I don't know and if it is a permanent fixture then no doubt they will consider sattelittes in the future.
  • Options
    TiaDalmaTiaDalma Member Posts: 454
    edited April 2010
    I think Dan's great - would like to play with him but  55 quid?!!! LOL- way out of budget  for your average sky player
  • Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited April 2010
    £1 sat 1:50 go through!!!!. seriously though  they can do a fiver 1: 10 and a tenner 1 :5 . maybe they dont want too many in a deepstack cause it will make them too much money!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's just a normal tourney because it is just that - yes the price is to excessive for most players on this site and I have no idea why there may not be any satellites to this event. Sky put on different levels of tournament prices - the £220 League final, Primo for £33 all of which any one can sattelite into, then you have the tikay sleepstack and the orfordable which are aimed at people with smaller BR and have no sats to them. This is a tournament which they obviously want to keep to a smaller playing field and quite a few will play in this and will be good to watch. It's the only Big priced tournament which you cant satellite into and imo there aint nothing wrong with that - there are so many satellites running at the moment that it's nice to see a tournament that you can only buy into directly. This may only be a one off tournament I don't know and if it is a permanent fixture then no doubt they will consider sattelittes in the future.
    Posted by dylan12
    NOOOOO its NOT a normal tourny it seems to be a one off to celebrate dans gr8 entry to vegas via TOTAL PLAYER so no sats is a big EFFF UP imo.dav
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited April 2010
    Who says there are not actually any satelites? Has this been confirmed? Its only been advertised 4 1 day
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Dantb10 Deepstack £55 entry in the Freeroll section of the Lobby? : NOOOOO its NOT a normal tourny it seems to be a one off to celebrate dans gr8 entry to vegas via TOTAL PLAYER so no sats is a big EFFF UP imo.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    This won't be a one off to celebrate dan's success in TP because it would have had a lot more exposure made about it and it certinally wouldn't have been priced at £55 if they wanted a load of players - he is now a regular PTP and this tournament will continue in the lead up to Vegas im sure, whether it stays at this level of price or not is another question but it is a normal tournament and long may it continue in the same breath as the Tikay Sleepstack. With regards to satelittes, as Flash Flush mentions, everyone needs to wait and see, it's only been up a day.
  • Options
    monkey123monkey123 Member Posts: 590
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Dantb10 Deepstack £55 entry in the Freeroll section of the Lobby? : This won't be a one off to celebrate dan's success in TP because it would have had a lot more exposure made about it and it certinally wouldn't have been priced at £55 if they wanted a load of players - he is now a regular PTP and this tournament will continue in the lead up to Vegas im sure, whether it stays at this level of price or not is another question but it is a normal tournament and long may it continue in the same breath as the Tikay Sleepstack. With regards to satelittes, as Flash Flush mentions, everyone needs to wait and see, it's only been up a day.
    Posted by dylan12
    +1
  • Options
    Eagle26Eagle26 Member Posts: 431
    edited April 2010

Just spotted this tourney and think its a crackin idea! Ill be definatly playin this anyway! good structured tourney with a decent sized buy-in at the WEEKEND is what ive been waiting for! hopefully it attracts a fair few runners and this tourney can really kick off and become a weekly thing! so all those that can afford it make sure u register!

• Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited April 2010
    I think by having no Satelites, they just want people who are decent buying in for a tournament with some quality play for once.... not the usual Primo/ BH field's of which 95% have no clue what they are doing.
  • Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited April 2010
    Hi All,

The satellite structure for this event is now live:

Dantb10 D/S Sats for £2.85 (3000 chips and 5 minute blinds):

4pm, 7pm, 9pm Monday - Thursday
    4pm - Friday

1 in 5 win a seat into the Dantb10 D/S Semi at 7pm on Friday

Dantb10 D/S Semi for £12 (2000 chips and 10 min blinds)

7pm - Friday

1 in 5 win a seat to the main event at 7pm on Sunday.

Dantb10 Deep Stack for £55

7pm on Sunday
    5000 chips
    15 minute blinds

Good luck in earning your seat and taking on (and maybe taking down) the Total Player!

Edit: The Final is on SUNDAY at 7pm - apologies for any confusion to any eagle eyes..

Kind Regards

Adam
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think by having no Satelites, they just want people who are decent buying in for a tournament with some quality play for once.... not the usual Primo/ BH field's of which 95% have no clue what they are doing.
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    Jeez that is a bit of a harsh response from somebody who has been exposed via mastercash live on saturdays as a very loose player.dav