You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Winning Multiple Sats for cash?

cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Is it possible?
I mean, win a sat into an event and then re-sat into same event for cash instead?

Comments

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited April 2010
    It's not possible on Sky Poker.
    Sky do not provide refunds when you withdraw from a tournament that you have entered via a satellite.
    They may substitute entry into an equivalent tournament but this is discretionary and I suspect that they would start to refuse if it was a common occurrence.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010

Open up your range, play more than 4 hands
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited April 2010
    Theres a thread (community suggestions i think) that i started to poll people about tournament pounds. I thought it would be a good idea that if you did win a saet in a sat you could de-register and have the balance credited to a seperate tournament account balance. Don't know if the idea has progressed with the suits though
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited April 2010
    For last years WCOOP I played an initial sat for $10. I won a seat worth $215 and so withdrew from the tournament. With the t$215 I played another 2 sats and won my place again. I continued using the balance of the original sat and won entry to one of the main events which was worth about t$500. I withdrew from that and did a rinse and repeat. I ended up with over $1500 worth of WCOOP entries and a balance of tournament $$$ to use as I wished.

I only made the cash in one WCOOP event and also an amount in a standard tourney, but the net result was a healthy profit and some excellent poker in the premier online events of the year, all for $10.

Unfortunately you can't do that on SKY at the moment.

ps. I attempt to do something similar every weekend with the $million and Sunday warm-ups. It doesn't always work out but I'm well ahead on entry fees this year.
  • Options
    JONONZIEJONONZIE Member Posts: 367
    edited April 2010
    n Response to Winning Multiple Sats for cash?:
    Is it possible? I mean, win a sat into an event and then re-sat into same event for cash instead?
    Posted by cottlad
    Hi I entered two satalites into the open the first i won and got a seat into the open the second i reached the bubble which got me into the open but as i was already regestered I was refunded the open entry fee.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Winning Multiple Sats for cash?:
    n Response to Winning Multiple Sats for cash? : Hi I entered two satalites into the open the first i won and got a seat into the open the second i reached the bubble which got me into the open but as i was already regestered I was refunded the open entry fee.
    Posted by JONONZIE
    This was my point... so it is possible?
    Can sky confirm plz
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited April 2010
    It's not possible on Sky Poker. Sky do not provide refunds when you withdraw from a tournament that you have entered via a satellite. They may substitute entry into an equivalent tournament but this is discretionary and I suspect that they would start to refuse if it was a common occurrence.
    Posted by MereNovice

It's pretty much as Merenovice puts it.

As a rule we don't refund entry if you have satellited into a tournament. However, on some occasions, if you contact customer care they may enter you into a alternative tournament (but this is done at the customer care advisor's discretion).

Thanks
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nooo that's not my point.  I fully understand Sky don't offer refunds for sats.
    The OP asks whether it's possible to win cash if you sat into an event you've already satted into.
    So i sat into a £40 event and have my seat....... i then play another sat for the same event...... what happens?

Jono seems to say that in this instance the account would be credited with £40 (seat cost)

Can sky confirm on deny please..... answers on a postcard :)
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited April 2010
    Nooo that's not my point.  I fully understand Sky don't offer refunds for sats. The OP asks whether it's possible to win cash if you sat into an event you've already satted into. So i sat into a £40 event and have my seat....... i then play another sat for the same event...... what happens? Jono seems to say that in this instance the account would be credited with £40 (seat cost) Can sky confirm on deny please..... answers on a postcard :)
    Posted by cottlad
    Hi cottlad, A couple of mths back i satelited in to the friday double stack and won my seat.

I then clicked on a sat again by mistake and also qualified with that one. When the tourny finished it said you have already qualfied for the double stack and we have credited yr account with 16.50

So it looks like you can get the money as well if u have already registered for the event
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Cheers Ozzie
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited April 2010
    Cheers Ozzie
    Posted by cottlad
    yw gl at the tbs