You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

adobe flash player problems

andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
edited April 2010 in Community Help & Advice
cant play on sky now,every time i try and load a table it tells me theres a script error and the tables jumbled up,
tried loading adobe again triied other browsers firefox safari ,google chrome does work but slowly ,internet explorerer useless any suggestions please

Comments

• Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited April 2010
    Hi There Andy,

I'm sorry to hear of your problems while trying to play on the tables.
    This has been posted elsewhere but the below might hopefully explain a few things and help you sort out your errors (apologies if the language is slightly formal).

let me know how you get on...

The cause of the ‘adobe script error’ is in itself very simple, it’s seen when your PC Processor overloads whilst running flash based programs, causing the flash to slow down and crash. The same will happen when running ANY flash based program, E.G. Youtube, when your processor overloads.

The problem with these queries is the question ‘what caused the pc processor to overload?’ It is impossible for us to give a definite answer, although we can advise that any process running on the PC (which could include hidden processes running in the background) that use up processor power, will contribute to error, the severity is clearly dependant on the pc’s overall capacity

E.G:

• Running other flash programs (multi-tabling, youtube etc)
    • User running other non-flash programs simultaneously
    • Hidden processes running in the background E.G. data fragmentation, scheduled viral scans
    • Toolbars (It has been commented by customers on previous threads that google toolbar is particularly intensive on your processor – I can’t prove or deny this in any way)
    • Operating system (VISTA is particularly processor intensive we believe)
    • Web Browser (the optimum browser varies for different users, we can’t just say Firefox or Chrome etc is the best)
    • Basically any program ever written for a PC that

Clearly the higher the spec of your PC – the less (or indeed any) of the above matter and vice versa. It has been proven that players can play 16 tables simultaneously on Sky Poker without ever getting this error – that’s simply because their processor can handle it all.

• andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: adobe flash player problems:
    Hi There Andy, I'm sorry to hear of your problems while trying to play on the tables. This has been posted elsewhere but the below might hopefully explain a few things and help you sort out your errors (apologies if the language is slightly formal). let me know how you get on... The cause of the ‘adobe script error’ is in itself very simple, it’s seen when your PC Processor overloads whilst running flash based programs, causing the flash to slow down and crash. The same will happen when running ANY flash based program, E.G. Youtube, when your processor overloads.   The problem with these queries is the question ‘what caused the pc processor to overload?’ It is impossible for us to give a definite answer, although we can advise that any process running on the PC (which could include hidden processes running in the background) that use up processor power, will contribute to error, the severity is clearly dependant on the pc’s overall capacity    E.G:   Running other flash programs (multi-tabling, youtube etc) User running other non-flash programs simultaneously Hidden processes running in the background E.G. data fragmentation, scheduled viral scans Toolbars (It has been commented by customers on previous threads that google toolbar is particularly intensive on your processor – I can’t prove or deny this in any way) Operating system (VISTA is particularly processor intensive we believe) Web Browser (the optimum browser varies for different users, we can’t just say Firefox or Chrome etc is the best) Basically any program ever written for a PC that   Clearly the higher the spec of your PC – the less (or indeed any) of the above matter and vice versa. It has been proven that players can play 16 tables simultaneously on Sky Poker without ever getting this error – that’s simply because their processor can handle it all.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    thanks sky rich,i can play you tube no problem,never used to have problems on sky ive played it for years,its very frustrating as i like playing on sky,i will try some different browsers
  • DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited April 2010
    ive had the same problems and cant multitable because of it but when you get the adobe script come up just press no and it will start up fine without the jumbled upness.
  • HAL_9000HAL_9000 Member Posts: 216
    edited April 2010
    Andy
    If you click "no" it should play but it may lock up from time to time
    I assume its a Laptop!
    Make sure your power settings are set to optimal in bottom right corner of windows
    Do you have a restart disc from a few weeks or months ago that you can take your version of windows back a few steps as it is possibly a windows upgrade that has not installed correctly. The next solution

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000

• diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited April 2010
    Join the club mate

The "upcoming" download will sort it out....