You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

FROM CHIP LEADER TO OUT IN 3 HANDS

THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat

I had about 25bbs, he had about 6bbs

ME J9 V HIM 66,     ME 1010 V  HIM KK,    ME 84 V HIM 55,

All 3 hands were in a row v same the player, 4 handed.

7TH

Not pleased.

Comments

• Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited April 2010
    hey Swiss havnt seen you on here for a while. Was gonna say hows it goin but you aint happy so i wont lol. Some players just get all the luck say no more. Chin up m8 good to see you on here :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: FROM CHIP LEADER TO OUT IN 3 HANDS:
    hey Swiss havnt seen you on here for a while. Was gonna say hows it goin but you aint happy so i wont lol. Some players just get all the luck say no more. Chin up m8 good to see you on here :)
    Posted by Dazler

Hi Dazler,

I've not played much on Sky this year. I have been focussing on cash games elsewhere. However the swings have not been kind, so i will be playing more Tournaments on Sky again.

Ed
  • Options
    penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,094
    edited April 2010
    Good to see you back Ed. Horrible when it happens but always a risk when being properly aggressive at the sharp end of a tourny.
     Do you still hold record for most main event wins?
    Tony
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited April 2010
    Hi Swiss .... I watched that last night. You were in a great position and playing aggressively. The first hand you put in a good raise and the guy to your left was short stacked so was always going to call with 66. The last hand you had little option but to shove it in. The 2nd hand was just unfortunate that you met a monster. The guy to your left went from shortstack to CL in three hands and you were unlucky. I can't see that you did anything wrong, it's just poker at it's most destructive.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Good to see you back Ed. Horrible when it happens but always a risk when being properly aggressive at the sharp end of a tourny.  Do you still hold record for most main event wins? Tony
    Posted by penguin7
    Hi Tony,

Sadly no, Youngster currently winning with 6. I have been stuck on 5 for a while. I think possibly one other player also has 5.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hi Swiss .... I watched that last night. You were in a great position and playing aggressively. The first hand you put in a good raise and the guy to your left was short stacked so was always going to call with 66. The last hand you had little option but to shove it in. The 2nd hand was just unfortunate that you met a monster. The guy to your left went from shortstack to CL in three hands and you were unlucky. I can't see that you did anything wrong, it's just poker at it's most destructive.
    Posted by elsadog
    Hi Elsadog,

Cheers for feedback. I agree i don't think i misplayed it.

First hand just basic race. I open went all in with J9 as everyone was short stacked he called with 66, all standard.

Second hand he had about 12bbs and min raised utg with KK but we were 4 handed. Calling with 1010 i think is a mistake and folding is very paranoid but i did consider it. So i shoved.

Third hand, had about 5 bbs and was in sb. I could have waited 2 hands as 84 not great but only had one opponent so certainly not wrong, but i could have waited.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,013
    edited April 2010

Mr Swiss! Good to see you back here.

Run good man, run good.
  • Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: FROM CHIP LEADER TO OUT IN 3 HANDS : Hi Dazler, I've not played much on Sky this year. I have been focussing on cash games elsewhere. However the swings have not been kind, so i will be playing more Tournaments on Sky again. Ed
    Posted by THESWISS

Yea i took some time off and only recently been back myself. But glad to see one of the old gang back on here :). Have you been down the GALA lately i havnt been there for a while either until i start work again but am planning to play more live down there very soon hope i see ya at the tables m8 and gl

Also starting a team in one of the threads and would love to have you on it if you have the time let me know :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mr Swiss! Good to see you back here. Run good man, run good.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers Tikay
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: FROM CHIP LEADER TO OUT IN 3 HANDS : Yea i took some time off and only recently been back myself. But glad to see one of the old gang back on here :). Have you been down the GALA lately i havnt been there for a while either until i start work again but am planning to play more live down there very soon hope i see ya at the tables m8 and gl Also starting a team in one of the threads and would love to have you on it if you have the time let me know :)
    Posted by Dazler
    Not been to Gala for a while. I love playing live but not had much time recently as just had a kid. Hopefully i will get myself down there at some point, if not i hope to play the Sky Poker Swansea event.