You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tikay mistaken on Bounty Hunter?

YoxallYoxall Member Posts: 5
edited July 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour
Im watching the repeat now, about 45 minutes in.  I've got one eye on my Pc as playing a cash game, but im sure one guy had J10 and his opponent had A10.  Flop came KJ10.

Turn came a 5, and river came a K, giving both guys two pairs. The guy with J10 bet and won the hand.  Tikay and Mcihelle were both saying how the best hand folded.  But I think they missed the fact the guy who bet had KKJJ against KK1010.

As i say, i've only one eye on the TV, and im not criticising Tikay or Michelle.  Jsut wondered if they corrected themselves later in the show as I have to get back to work shortly.

Sorry if im being pedantic :o

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,030
    edited July 2009

Hi Yoxall,

Welcome to the Sky Forum.

Yes, I clearly - well, a bit clearly - recall the hand. If the Board came as you describe - & I think it did - you are right, I got it wrong. My apologies, & good spot - glad to see you were paying attention!

I make no excuses, but I am going to explain how we, in the Studio, sometimes get a bit confused.

We don't see the hands, & Board, on a TV or Plasma screen, & that's the real challenge. The hand is beamed from a ceiling mounted projector onto the Studio Floor, where it appears as an image - a HUGE image, about 2 metre by 1 metre. So it's plenty big enough!

However, & this might be hard to visualise, but the Studio Floor is bright green, & the image is projected in monochrome - Black & White. Compound that with very bright studio lights producing glare & "bounce" off the floor, plus a Producer & Director barking instructions "move on, hurry up, move on, next hand" down our earpiece, camerapersons waving their arms - "this camera THIS Camera" - & so sometimes the visual & aural senses all get a bit flummoxed.

So having said "no excuses", there's my excuse.......

Actually, there are no excuses, & I shall send myself a Memo. If Michelle, or Rich Orful made the same mistake, I'd be on their case like a ton of bricks, so it's a fair cop Guv.

PS - Have you never seen an Orford Straight? ;)

Take care now.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Tikay mistaken on Bounty Hunter?:
    Hi Yoxall, Welcome to the Sky Forum. Yes, I clearly - well, a bit clearly - recall the hand. If the Board came as you describe - & I think it did - you are right, I got it wrong. My apologies, & good spot - glad to see you were paying attention! I make no excuses, but I am going to explain how we, in the Studio, sometimes get a bit confused. We don't see the hands, & Board, on a TV or Plasma screen, & that's the real challenge. The hand is beamed from a ceiling mounted projector onto the Studio Floor, where it appears as an image - a HUGE image, about 2 metre by 1 metre. So it's plenty big enough! However, & this might be hard to visualise, but the Studio Floor is bright green, & the image is projected in monochrome - Black & White. Compound that with very bright studio lights producing glare & "bounce" off the floor, plus a Producer & Director barking instructions "move on, hurry up, move on, next hand" down our earpiece, camerapersons waving their arms - "this camera THIS Camera" - & so sometimes the visual & aural senses all get a bit flummoxed. So having said "no excuses", there's my excuse....... Actually, there are no excuses, & I shall send myself a Memo. If Michelle, or Rich Orful made the same mistake, I'd be on their case like a ton of bricks, so it's a fair cop Guv. PS - Have you never seen an Orford Straight? ;) Take care now.
    Posted by Tikay10
    tikay, make a mistake NEVER, dont beleive it.

Sigh, and here,s me thinking tikay could try to shove orful? down that pit in the middle of the studio ;)

Oh well back to the drawing board
  • Options
    RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited July 2009
    I always wondered how you and the other presenteers actually see the cards, that was interesting.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hi Yoxall, Welcome to the Sky Forum. Yes, I clearly - well, a bit clearly - recall the hand. If the Board came as you describe - & I think it did - you are right, I got it wrong. My apologies, & good spot - glad to see you were paying attention! I make no excuses, but I am going to explain how we, in the Studio, sometimes get a bit confused. We don't see the hands, & Board, on a TV or Plasma screen, & that's the real challenge. The hand is beamed from a ceiling mounted projector onto the Studio Floor, where it appears as an image - a HUGE image, about 2 metre by 1 metre. So it's plenty big enough! However, & this might be hard to visualise, but the Studio Floor is bright green, & the image is projected in monochrome - Black & White. Compound that with very bright studio lights producing glare & "bounce" off the floor, plus a Producer & Director barking instructions "move on, hurry up, move on, next hand" down our earpiece, camerapersons waving their arms - "this camera THIS Camera" - & so sometimes the visual & aural senses all get a bit flummoxed. So having said "no excuses", there's my excuse....... Actually, there are no excuses, & I shall send myself a Memo. If Michelle, or Rich Orful made the same mistake, I'd be on their case like a ton of bricks, so it's a fair cop Guv. PS - Have you never seen an Orford Straight? ;) Take care now.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the response Tikay, I always wondered what you actually saw.  I guessed it was on a plasma so very interesting.

BTW, if i was to point out Orford's mistakes i'd need my own forum :D
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,030
    edited July 2009

Lol, thank Guys.

I'll try & Post some 'photos of the Studio set up later this week, so you can see better how it works.

You gotta hand it to me - stunningly original excuse, eh?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    stunningly original excuse, eh?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tbf you've bought yourself some grace if you do it again :p
  • Options
    hustler12hustler12 Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2009
    cooor i didnt realise how hard it was to present sky poker! But no excuses...
  • Options
    LukeFullerLukeFuller Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2009
    I saw that the other day on a repeat and was confused at it myself lol, good to see others noticed. :p