You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Pocket aces

JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
How many times the blind did you have, and how much did you make it preflop?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Hi Guys,

I was playing a DYM, when I was dealt Pocket Aces.  I was fifth out of 6 at the time down about 400 chips on the cash bubble.  BB was 100 at the time 

Anyway I raised 2x the BB from UTG and got 4 callers.

The flop came down with possible straight and flush draws, none of which could help me.  I pushed all in and everyone folded.  I then showed the Aces.

I got a hugh amount of stick from the people in the pot for the way I played the hand.  

My thoughts were, the pots big enough that I'd be happy to win it now and I didn't want to let anyone catch the straight or flush so I would make it expensive as **** for them.

I supposed I could have raised by more than 3x at the start but I wanted to get some customers.

Would appreciate some feedback on how I played this 
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2010
    And don't show your hands
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited April 2010
    Just be happy you didn't get outdrawn.
  • Options
    MAGGIHATSMAGGIHATS Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    Ditto
  • Options
    TheAAcesTheAAces Member Posts: 77
    edited April 2010
    What were they complaining about, not letting them hit their cards to fill out str8s and flushes? Well that is a shame for them.

Be thankful someone didn't come with you and get lucky, but as for getting stick from them - ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Pocket aces:
    How many times the blind did you have, and how much did you make it preflop?
    Posted by beaneh

I had around 12 x BB left and I made is 2 x BB preflop  BB was 100 at the time so I bet 200 UTG
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    And don't show your hands
    Posted by Cowgomoo

Is there ever a time when you should show your cards?

• Options
    N1CKN1CK Member Posts: 1,453
    edited April 2010
    min raising utg with 12 bbs looks pretty strong saying that i see a lot of  players do this with weaker hands trying to see a cheap flop, with aces its not that great to be in a pot with lots of callers your giving yourself the best chance to get them cracked, your jam on the flop is a close your eyes and hit the allin button and hope no1s outdrawn you,

i like to just shove these big hands in your position ie utg, on the bubble with 12 BBs it looks weak like you dont want a call so you could get called by obvious hands that you have crushed

as for showing cards i think its best to never do this, some people show certain hands trying to setup plays for later on or to wind opponents up showing how clever they are making big bluffs etc, imo its best to just keep people guessing and show nothing

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the help guys.  Good stuff in there.  Lets hope I can put it to good use 

Cheers

The Jockmeister 
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the help guys.  Good stuff in there.  Lets hope I can put it to good use  Cheers The Jockmeister 
    Posted by JockBMW

1) Never ever show your cards unless it's your turn to at showdown.

2) How would you have played a hand that isn't AA but that you still wanted to play? Would you minraise those hands aswell?
  • Options
    -IRONMAN--IRONMAN- Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    Sounds like a bit of sour grapes to me. I would agree tho with never showing.