You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Too loose?

luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Is this play by me OK? O know 24 suited is nowhere near premium, but I do have position. After making the initial call, the min raise call was pretty much a given. Is this waaaay loose or within nirmal parameters?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jt5 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.67
jonbird Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £2.13
  Your hole cards

robin73 Fold        
Vanilla14 Fold        
jampot Call   £0.04 £0.10 £4.42
luvBWFC Call   £0.04 £0.14 £5.33
jt5 Call   £0.02 £0.16 £3.65
jonbird Raise   £0.04 £0.20 £2.09
jampot Call   £0.04 £0.24 £4.38
luvBWFC Call   £0.04 £0.28 £5.29
jt5 Call   £0.04 £0.32 £3.61
Flop

jt5 Check        
jonbird All-in   £2.09 £2.41 £0.00
jampot Fold        
luvBWFC Raise   £4.18 £6.59 £1.11
jt5 Fold        
luvBWFC Unmatched bet   £2.09 £4.50 £3.20
jonbird Show

luvBWFC Show

Turn

River

luvBWFC Win Straight to the 6 £4.28   £7.48

Comments

• Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited April 2010
    I played quite a bit of 4NL and tbh its not really the place to make moves as players just simply don't understand it. Also if you want to play 42s surely a raise would be better to make your hand look stronger, limping in and calling a raise as you have here makes you look very weak which you actually are.

Overall at this level I would just fold 42s preflop and as your not gonna flop 2nd nuts like you did every time, and will just end up meaning you leak a lot of money hoping for good flops.
  • Options
    Action_DanAction_Dan Member Posts: 341
    edited April 2010
    Making it 8p and then shoving for £2 into multiway, 32p pot is little excessive to say the least so getting involved with someone like that seems fine to me - if you know that's how they'll play, I'm not worried about investing 2BB to try and stack them...the times I miss will be more than covered by the times he shoves like that so I'm giving you credit for thinking that :-) 

No offense to people at these levels but I'm getting involved in so many pots with hands like yours because I know I can get paid so get in there cheap - I agree with Dudeskin that it's not place to make moves which is why I often "dumb down" my starting range and play passively pre flop rather than raising because if I miss, I can't generally get people to fold at this level so prefer to keep pots smaller until I've improved! Obviously when I've got massive hand, I'm raising pre flop to fold out hands like yours but when it's on other foot, if someone wants to get me involved with 24 suited in position, I'll happily play with them! 

Ok it's not perfect poker and better players would see through the "he's limp calling with marginal hand, raising with big hand" strategy but most at 4NL focus entirely on their own hand so won't stop and think - in other words, I don't mind anything you did in this situation!