You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Good or bad flod over time???????????????

johns0122johns0122 Member Posts: 22
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
I dont know how to post hand historys, so i'll just explain the situation.

Situation : 50/1 table, three players in the hand, stacks mine 100bb Late position 50bb Button 100bb

I'm middle  postion and no action yet, i hold 66 and raise to £4, both late and the button call. Just sat down on the table and dont know the other two players. flop ks 6s 3h. So i have middle set but there is two cards to a flush. i make a pot size for many reasons, to build the pot,  dont let anybody draw for free, plus if anybody re-raise i happy to get it all in on the flop. Both players call and the turn is  Js, if i  was againts one opponent i woulld bet again, i decide to check call the turn hoping to fill up. Pot is now just under £50, Myself and the button have about 80 left late position  around 30.I check,  Late postion 1/4 bets the pot and the button now min raises. Now i know i'm  beat by at least one player, Is calling this over time + or - play. I know i need to hit to get the lot??????????????????

if i call i'm left with about 50bb so is the button, late position would be as good as all in

Comments

• Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2010
    You are about 22.7% to fill up on the river. If my calculations are correct, you are being given 3.5-1 to call to see the river, so you are not being given the correct price to call. However if you know that you are likely to get the buttons remaining 55, this would mean you are being given 5.7-1. Which means you can confidently make the call as you are getting the correct implied odds. If my calculations are flawed feel free to correct me.(As I am usually wrong :)    Hope this helps.

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010
     haha look at the cow getting technical !!!
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Good or bad flod over time???????????????:
     haha look at the cow getting technical !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    It's a very rare occurance. Enjoy it while you can