You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What's your move?

phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Playing .50/1 and flopped the straight. Against the 2 opponents - initial raiser hadn't been on table long but loved the min raise pre and the other player was pretty much a station with any 2 pre who then loved to raise on flop.

What would you do in my position?
min Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £100.50
phil12uk Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £205.05
  Your hole cards

craig777 Fold     
station Call  £1.00 £2.50 £25.23
florio Fold     
min Raise  £1.50 £4.00 £99.00
phil12uk Call  £1.00 £5.00 £204.05
station Call  £1.00 £6.00 £24.23
Flop

min Check     
phil12uk Bet  £6.00 £12.00 £198.05
station Raise  £12.00 £24.00 £12.23
min Call  £12.00 £36.00 £87.00
Phil ????????????? and why?

Comments

• Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2010
    In Response to What's your move?:
    Playing .50/1 and flopped the straight. Against the 2 opponents - initial raiser hadn't been on table long but loved the min raise pre and the other player was pretty much a station with any 2 pre who then loved to raise on flop. What would you do in my position? min  Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £100.50 phil12uk Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £205.05   Your hole cards 7 6       craig777 Fold         station  Call   £1.00 £2.50 £25.23 florio Fold         min  Raise   £1.50 £4.00 £99.00 phil12uk Call   £1.00 £5.00 £204.05 station  Call   £1.00 £6.00 £24.23 Flop     8 5 9       min  Check         phil12uk Bet   £6.00 £12.00 £198.05 station  Raise   £12.00 £24.00 £12.23 min  Call   £12.00 £36.00 £87.00 Phil ????????????? and why?
    Posted by phil12uk
    ship it in, because you have the made hand and it appears that "min" may be drawing to the nut flush

If min has a made flush and is trapping then its just unlucky

the "station" is irrelavent as he is so short stacked
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited April 2010
    I flat for a bit of pot control.  Station's last 12 quid is going in at some point and I'm not really concerned about that.  Min either has the made hand (Set, straight or flush) or has the A Hearts in his hand.  If you raise here and Min shoves you're only in decent shape against the set and could well be drawing dead.

If the turn comes a non-heart and min checks I'm chucking in £20 knowing station will call.  Now if min comes over the top of me there I'm folding, if he calls I check/call a non-heart river and fold the heart on the river to a bet.
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What's your move?:
    In Response to What's your move? : ship it in, because you have the made hand and it appears that "min" may be drawing to the nut flush If min has a made flush and is trapping then its just unlucky the "station" is irrelavent as he is so short stacked
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    FWIW (I'm no cash player) +1
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited April 2010
    Ship it in and pray
  • Options
    oysergeoyserge Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    I believe that you should fold. There isn't a bad chance that one of them has the flush already and one who's drawing to the nut flush. It is probable that Min has an Ace since he did raise in the small blind. He could have something like AK or AQ with one of which is a heart, lets just say the A is the heart in this case. There is still two cards to come, so if he is drawing to any heart in the deck it leaves him with about 9 outs (if station doesn't have any of them of course). So therefore the probability of him hitting one of these cards is around 35-40 percent. There is also a strong chance that he already has the made nut flush as 9 times out of 10 in early position you would check your nut flush and wait for others to create a large pot.
    Station, on the other hand, may be trying to push any drawing hand off it if he has something like J 10 or perhaps if he has likes to play 8 9 when he has position.
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2010
    Just shove. Or if you are nitty, call and shove a blank turn.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ship it in and pray
    Posted by diablo_pez
    at most you should call because if you're beat on the flop you can't improve.. so its logically either call or fold!
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What's your move? : at most you should call because if you're beat on the flop you can't improve.. so its logically either call or fold!
    Posted by oyserge
    LOL
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What's your move? : LOL
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Lol all you want, because you're more than likely behind if you need to pray.. 
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    My reasoning was the same as a lot of you here - I shoved as I felt the min raiser prob has AK/AQ with one of them being a heart.  Station folded and min INSTA CALLED with AQ hearts :(  Cooler time.

Very interested with other reasons though although I reckon if I'd called and then seen a turn card heart / paired card and had to fold, I'd have been sick about then having to fold. 

Long term I still believe the shove is correct as the chances of a flopped flush are low and my hand isn't going to improve so I need to price people in to chase (usually) :)
  • Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited April 2010
    Slap it in Philly
  • Options
    BrownnDogBrownnDog Member Posts: 729
    edited April 2010
    Ship it
  • Options
    teachaiteachai Member Posts: 83
    edited April 2010
    Long term I still believe the shove is correct as the chances of a flopped flush are high
    Posted by phil12uk
    I think you mean low. 118-1 I think it is. I ship it in here too.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: What's your move? : I think you mean low. 118-1 I think it is. I ship it in here too.
    Posted by teachai
    My mistype - duly edited! :)
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited April 2010
    Just shove. Or if you are nitty, call and shove a blank turn.
    Posted by Cowgomoo

I prb wouldve done this.  Any non heart non queen turn.  Would most likely ended the same way though.  Ul phil