You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

sitting out times too short? Have your say.

IrishWOLFIrishWOLF Member Posts: 62
edited July 2009 in Community Suggestions
Should the sitting out time be extended for people with cash on a table? Please leave your thoughts and any ideas about this topic.  Hopefully we can get this looked at by SKY , and then get it improved..

T.Y for your comments

Lee ,,

Comments

• Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited July 2009

It's a bit of a tricky one really. I think if you click the sit out button then it should be 5 minutes max but if you run out of cash then it should be 2 minutes max. I find it really frustrating when I'm waiting to get on a table because someone's run out of cash and doesn't reload or click the exit button to free up the seat.

• Options
    LukeFullerLukeFuller Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2009
    If a player continualy sits out then it would become annoying, but if someone has been playing on the same table for a long time, say at least 30 minutes, then they should be allowed a decent 5 minute sit-out break....
  • Options
    YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited July 2009
    I like what Luke seems to be suggesting, allow people that have been on the table for a decent period of time to take a determined amount of time off the table. It would be good if 2 time limits can be set, one for if you have no money left, and one if you have and you're just taking a break, with the latter being longer.

But I think primarily the problem is that it isn't obvious enough to new players that there is a "Stand" button that can be pressed. If it's made clearer that this is the procedure a player should take (as opposed to just exiting the window) then we'll have less of a problem here IMO. There is a major site I sometimes play on where it appears all players are aware of the procedure and follow it. I rarely see someone get kicked off after being sat out for long.
  • Options
    IrishWOLFIrishWOLF Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2009
    That's a really good idea Luke,,  the more we play the more of a sit out time we should be intitled to. Especially when we have cash at the table. The Sit out time is set at 3mins max, which i think is too low. A good sit out is needed at times i think, especially when there has been a bad beat or bad run,,  some time is needed just to calm down.

We would need more people to comment for this to get looked at by sky tho.

so, any1 else reading through and this topic strikes a cord. Could you please leave a comment, thoughts or ideas about it. Also can you fill in the poll so we can get a look at the time most people would like to have.

Many thanks,,

Lee ..
  • Options
    FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
    edited July 2009
    That certainly sounds fair. It could perhaps work like this:

1) Sit-out allowance is calculated as 10% of total time sat down, rounded to the nearest minute. So if you'd been playing for 30 mins, you get 3 min allowance. If you've played for an hour, you get 6 min allowance (enough time to brew the kettle and smoke a cigarette!)

2) If you're out of cash you get 1 minute to rebuy. No ifs, no buts. No cash, no seat.

EDIT:
    1A) Allowance can be carried over. Let's say you play for 1 hour and take a 3 minute break. You've got 3 minutes "spare". Play for another 30 min and you get an additional 3 min, so you could now take a 6 min break. Or do you guys reckon the clock should reset? If you consider a 6 hour session, you could amass 36 mins worth of break and that wouldn't be so popular for those on the waiting list...