You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Calling all in with 67 off suit

Donut64Donut64 Member Posts: 2,666
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Why would I call all in with 67 off suit? This is how it panned out I was in a positoin were I had just lost a pot to a smaller stack leaving me with 5 big blinds. I was in a place were I had already cashed in the super 6 £1.50 I felt that as I was in the big blind already and 2 people were already all in I decided to gamble on the outside chance I could triple up and give myself half a chance of winning or at least cashing bigger. I felt if I didnt move now the chance of laddering up by more than an extra 50p were slim! The hand was won by A8 hitting their 8. I have no doubt I made the correct move. Do you agree?

Comments

• Options
    DeucesLiveDeucesLive Member Posts: 839
    edited April 2010
    Disagree, making a move with 67- great idea. Calling with it? Not a fan. Sure, you're probably live and have a chance of tripling up- but you're almost definitely way behind going in, and there's a strong chance with 2 players involved- 1 is going out, so you're laddering up anyway. I'd be looking for a better spot I think.
  • Options
    Spike2120Spike2120 Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2010
    5 BB's so after hand if you dont shove next hand your down to what 3.5 BB's leaves you nothing really and the gamble is a posibility but I aint a fan of just calling me 6 7 off pre-flop if I was gonna play it, I would rather be deep stacked and able to make a move with it its doubtful your gonna hit the flop big without someone else hitting bigger. 

But ignoring the actual hand for a second to shove when you still had the chips to perhaps with a triple up stay in the tournament is fair enough but pehaps could have waited for a better spot. If you think about it 3.5 BB's gives you no fold equity so you shove with a decent starting hand and you will get a lot of callers and perhaps better than triple up giving you a stack to play with.
  • Options
    Donut64Donut64 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited April 2010
    Yes I can see what you are both saying but if I wait for a bigger hand that doesnt come or ends up being dominated I feel Im in a worse position! By the time Im on the big blind next time I will have to make the same move with any 2 and by then the blinds would have gone up again! As for laddering up I would have to move up a lot of places to make any difference. The decent money was payed to the top 3. Call me stubborn but I still think I was right!
  • Options
    DeucesLiveDeucesLive Member Posts: 839
    edited April 2010
    Yea, but to say you won't get a better hand than 67os is unlikely- that's a pretty poor starting hand. Any Q/K/A has better odds than that I'd say, any PP, any higher suited connectors... there's a huge amount of hands better than 67os not to mention the reward for getting your chips in early. Even with just 3.5 BB, you have the chance to get hands off- that's still a fair chunk at that stage of the tourney to lose, there's every chance you could take free blinds down. Always get your chips in first, then you have 2 ways to win- calling means you have to get lucky with the cards.